• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
We have added in a new Like system that will allow you to give +Likes where +Likes are due! Use this privilege wisely as you are limited to 15 like per day!

Posted Image
Posted Image

You like? :troll_face:

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
negative reputation? If you have negative votes, get rid of them. Will be abused to hell imo. If they like the post, then vote it up, if you don't they can just move on with life or post a reply. From past experiences things like this never go over well. 0_o

Darksinger

Darksinger

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6109 posts
  • Joined 24-March 09

negative reputation? If you have negative votes, get rid of them. Will be abused to hell imo. If they like the post, then vote it up, if you don't they can just move on with life or post a reply. From past experiences things like this never go over well. 0_o

I can only agree with that, but at least there is a dislike and not just a like.

"Slipping into the dark recess of the mind one falls deeply into the core of all terrors as it can only rest within,
so dance on the edge of madness as the misery spread through the empty void of the life which can be felt,
no more dreams of purity as innocence is lost on the altar dripping with the blood of lost youth spend in pain,
finally a light within as the raven cry in frustration against the slow decline of humanity in a world of hunger."
- Darksinger

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

What he said.

308y13p.png
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
We're testing the water with this system, so far it's been ok. If it gets out of hand then we'll can it, don't worry. :ninjahotdog:

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Shawshank

Shawshank

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5545 posts
  • Joined 02-June 09

We're testing the water with this system, so far it's been ok. If it gets out of hand then we'll can it, don't worry. :ninjahotdog:

You're abusing me already :(! Pshhhh pshhhh :P.

308y13p.png
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - A.E

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08

Dislike -_-

;) :P

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08
Disagree with the above, you should be able to dislike as well as like. I doubt I'll ever really use the system, but it's at least a way for the community to input their thought on a message or person without spamming up a thread (not that it will stop them).

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
But the thing is, if you have something wrong with the users post, you provide your own reply with a constructive opinion challenging theirs. Having a whole lot of down votes to your post without any reason or explanation for the rebellion it is just plain confusing, and doesn't to anything to provide any advance in the conversation at hand.

It can be abused to hell. It really never works out from my experiences.

Rider

Rider

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4787 posts
  • Joined 12-June 08
In the same vein, just liking a comment doesn't really add anything constructive. If anything it's a way for the community to respond to a post either positively or negatively, and it just seems stupid to only have likes available. All we can do is agree, and if not we can screw off? Sure, we can add a post disagreeing with them, but there's no reason we can't do both; just like someone can like and then add a post in agreement.

Posted Image

According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking.

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08

In the same vein, just liking a comment doesn't really add anything constructive.

What if the users post says exactly what they were going to say, and there is no need to elaborate. A +1 would work wonderfully in that situation.

If you're going to disagree, obviously there is some sort of reason behind your intentions so you should state those instead of providing useless "hate" towards the post.

All we can do is agree, and if not we can screw off? Sure, we can add a post disagreeing with them, but there's no reason we can't do both; just like someone can like and then add a post in agreement.

Touche
But I still think it's going to be abused to hell. Really, what are the odds that 100% of the people on this forum who down vote a post would elaborate on what they dislike about the op's argument.
To be honest, that is very, highly unlikely. I would only expect 20 or 30% of the population to do such a thing, and that's assuming they aren't <16 years old.
As well, for a lot of people it's just easier for them to down the post and move on with their day, they're lazy.

Edited by ninjap0wz, 25 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

piks

piks

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2301 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08
Admins will have reputation +250 000, players -500 :troll_face:

Posted Image

Edited by piks, 03 August 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Lance Armstrong still legend for me!

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
You forgot to change the neutral status.....

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
Double post ftl

Edited by ninjap0wz, 03 August 2012 - 03:19 PM.

piks

piks

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2301 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

You forgot to change the neutral status.....

I failed, shame on me :Ha Ha Ha:

Lance Armstrong still legend for me!

McGrathDK

McGrathDK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
http://forums.gamers...92957-revoemag/ look at his repuration...how is something like that possible ? cheaters...ban revoemag !!! :D

Edited by Dansilent, 26 August 2012 - 10:00 AM.

McGrathDK - Crime EU1 - Rank 230
McGrathDK - Enf EU2 - Rank 155
McGrathDK - Enf Joker EA - Rank ?

ninjap0wz

ninjap0wz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 23-June 08
They can manually edit reputation points. He gave that to himself. No way he's that popular ;)

MrDanials

MrDanials

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Most people have not even heard of the feature. But some who are not like others, know what they are doing.
Posted Image

reloaded

reloaded

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Golds words!

The like/dislike system will create hate between the users, the ppl is creating clones accounts to spam your posts with negative votes, and is real not joke!

McGrathDK

McGrathDK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12

Golds words!

The like/dislike system will create hate between the users, the ppl is creating clones accounts to spam your posts with negative votes, and is real not joke!

+1
McGrathDK - Crime EU1 - Rank 230
McGrathDK - Enf EU2 - Rank 155
McGrathDK - Enf Joker EA - Rank ?

sherry280

sherry280

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-August 13
Game costumes. - http://www.kisscospl...-Costumes_c116/

..GhosT