Eixo

Gold Rush event

I think this event was super popular back in the days and many players will be probably happy seeing it back again.. It was one of the times when gold districts were full finally but it was fun anyway and it held me ingame for pretty whole time of the event

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

pretty sure it just made tons of people mad because the counting system was fucked up and support was garbage and silvers/bronzes ended up taking up tons of space in the gold districts which left golds unable to play

or at least that’s what i remember 

• Like 2

I remember reading that G1 gave away close to one million $ this way. Considering everyone has everything from Armas and nothing new to get that would ensure LO making no money for months. I'd love gold rush back but I don't think it's realistic. Not at the same scale at least.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What would I even buy on ARMAS.

Friends? 😜

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Friends? 😜
Reported for bullying.

My in game friend list is full thank you very much. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Reported for bullying.

My in game friend list is full thank you very much.
am... am I on that list?
You know what... dont tell me, I cant take any more disappointment in my life rn.

47 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Reported for bullying.

My in game friend list is full thank you very much.
full of people who didn’t accept a friend request

i don’t think that counts

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Too bad you're not on there regardless huh?  Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:
1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

Too bad you're not on their regardless huh? 
there*

i wouldn’t want to be on ur friends list anyway, if i had actual human relationships i wouldn’t be able to bring joy to the forums like i do

3 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I remember reading that G1 gave away close to one million $ this way. Considering everyone has everything from Armas and nothing new to get that would ensure LO making no money for months. I'd love gold rush back but I don't think it's realistic. Not at the same scale at least.

I don't have everything on Armas... Just a few vehicle kits, a couple clothing items, and like... 6 loyalty weapons +/- I don't remember.

The Gold Rush event was one of the worst things that ever happened. Probably because it was during district segregation, so golds were locked to gold, but every other threat could join gold and troll the shit out of them. Mass dethreating began, and teamkilling because people wanted quick 4 minute missions rather than playing them out.

Fuck no thanks.

yeah sounds great. all these silvers are saying no because their brain is to small to understand the concept of life. free stuff is always a win.

6 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

yeah sounds great. all these silvers are saying no because their brain is to small to understand the concept of life. free stuff is always a win.

their bains are too small*

Just now, CookiePuss said:
7 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

their bains are too small*
rekt

Even though I played the heck out of Gold Rush, I don't really want to see it return in the same form. Having people in the mission who are not even gold join the gold district (that is otherwise dead 99% of the time) benefiting from other golds on basically no part of their own, rubs me the wrong way. Especially when Golds were then threat-locked to their own district. 

There was also the flood of complaints about people's mission counts. People were counting their wins for the event, but I don't think most of them realized G1 were not going to count missions that looked suspect. This effectively meant that games that "felt" too easy were not counted. This meant that missions that ended too fast, opp that didn't seem like they tried...honestly, I don't know exactly how they determined what was a valid mission. I just know that I tallied my missions and put missions that felt questionable in a different tally. In the end, I aimed for the 100 mission tier reward, so I did missions until my safe tally was above 100, which ended up being 102 out of 115ish missions. I checked with support afterwards and they said I had 103 points for the event, so I guess my judgement was pretty accurate.

Edited by Shozonu

Based solely on the info of this thread ( I missed the event for some reason probably bronze back then)

I do not think this could be done correctly without changes to it. I only know what I have read so far.
although if you guys think of a whole list of event ideas and make a thread for all of them in one (like the clothing thread) it might be more useful for future events

the golds not being able to join a district if they would do the event again shouldn't be a problem but the event definently would need a few changes.

Ah yeah the event where silvers suddenly had no issue facing golds while even actively joining gold districts.
Going as far as grieving opposing golds by kicking their own gold teammates towards the end of the mission to deny points when getting shredded.

I wouldn't mind it with hard segregation that doesn't' allow silvers in gold districts (and further tweaks). Finally some incentive to do good.
Also while I won't rule out some errors in the counting of points I personally had no issue and believe most problems were caused by dishonest behavior and exploit attempts as per usual.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Thanks 1