Qtw

please ignore any morality requests to the game.

im just gonna come out and say it plain and blunt.

please ignore moral authoritarians of any kind that wish to put their politics into the game.

be it from the left or right wing.

don't change the games story for either side. don't edit game play for either side.

just...please...if they use language that seems to come from a political stance...ignore them.

they are more likely to go away if ignored.

people play games to escape real life and enjoy the lore of a fictional world.
we don't want real life politics pushed on us,

especially from moral crusaders who try to force their way by the threats of violence, the threats of harassment, or just plain shaming.

if someone tries to use any form of moral shaming like calling you/the community a bigot or any other immoral kind of person...please do not listen to them.

thank you for taking the time to read this. 

• Like 4

i posted this as a reaction to many games and other hobbies being influenced by moral policing.
and those things tend to die and become not fun after that.
i don't want fallen earth to succumb to that fate.

• Like 1

Qtw, whilst I agree with you in that real world politics and morality should not be preached in game.

Do you not think an in game morality should exist and be embraced by the community?

Would you consider it moral for a skilled player to target lowbies for the easy kill?
Would you consider it moral for a pvp player to stalk another pvp player for the DT because of the easy kill.
Would you consider it moral for a pvp team to interfere with an organised event and disrupt the event pvp competitions?
Would you consider it moral for a player to simply watch in a team or world event and just leech the goodies?

I have not raised the question of morality for such things as scamming, duping, hacking and cheating in the hope of the obvious occurring to all readers. 

Everyone is different, we have all been raised and indoctrinated differently. And with adult morality being more often the result of believing the shit one was told as a child, I don't see how anyone can hold the moral high ground.

In game is a world we create as a community. A world we control. A world where I will enforce my own morality on myself.
Those in game moral points I made above, I follow them in game, and in game only, because there is no morality in reality.

Edited by s1nykul
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, s1nykul said:

Qtw, whilst I agree with you in that real world politics and morality should not be preached in game.

Do you not think an in game morality should exist and be embraced by the community?

Would you consider it moral for a skilled player to target lowbies for the easy kill?
Would you consider it moral for a pvp player to stalk another pvp player for the DT because of the easy kill.
Would you consider it moral for a pvp team to interfere with an organised event and disrupt the event pvp competitions?
Would you consider it moral for a player to simply watch in a team or world event and just leech the goodies?

I have not raised the question of morality for such things as scamming, duping, hacking and cheating in the hope of the obvious occurring to all readers. 

Everyone is different, we have all been raised and indoctrinated differently. And with adult morality being more often the result of believing the shit one was told as a child, I don't see how anyone can hold the moral high ground.

In game is a world we create as a community. A world we control. A world where I will enforce my own morality on myself.
Those in game moral points I made above, I follow them in game, and in game only, because there is no morality in reality.

1) Why is 'skilled' highlighted here as typically it's the unskilled who exploit the weaker players. Personally I don't see this as necessarily right or wrong unless they are exploiting something to prevent this person from not being killed as pvp is entirely optional.
2) Yes. PvP is entirely optional and if said target chooses to allow themselves to be a target then it is completely fine(again assuming they aren't being forced by means of an exploit). Just because someone is bad doesn't mean they shouldn't visit a cloner.
3) It's not righteous but I wouldn't consider it evil either.  Closer to black than white, but far from a big deal as pvpers would plan for the worst anyways if they were competent.
4) Depends on the circumstance. If a person can't properly contribute and there is room I don't see it as a big deal. If there are those who want to participate but can't due to these people then they are assholes.

Then again 1/3/4 are looked down upon in general and to the point of hysteria among some players. I get why but meh at the end of the day.

Although I get what OP is saying. They don't want the game sanitized due to people's views on topics in reality or what they may or may not mean. It's meant to be a dark game so it should behave as such. I could see their concern as puritans from both sides would very likely have bones to pick along their favorite rallying points. I don't see any of it gaining traction and ultimately I'd imagine this is would be a bigger concern for APB than FE. FE has some particular elements that would bother people at points in the story, but that is storytelling and they don't go deep into them. As well as some crude humor that usually doesn't cross any particularly bad lines. Other than that they have had rules in place for a while against player behavior and as long as there is an appropriate process and way to file a ticket(and people of authority don't stupidly meddle with bias in mind) I don't see this becoming too much of an issue.

I assumed the OP was asking that talking about National Elections for whatever country not be allowed in chat channels, and I would agree with that. The U.S. has elections coming up in November and there are political things going on almost daily in Washington DC, and I really don't want to hear about those in the game world. If that's what the OP meant, I agree wholeheartedly.

If the OP meant something in the game that seems sexist or racist, just let it go. PC is bad enough in real life, and we don't need PC police in game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientCrone said:

I assumed the OP was asking that talking about National Elections for whatever country not be allowed in chat channels, and I would agree with that. The U.S. has elections coming up in November and there are political things going on almost daily in Washington DC, and I really don't want to hear about those in the game world. If that's what the OP meant, I agree wholeheartedly.

If the OP meant something in the game that seems sexist or racist, just let it go. PC is bad enough in real life, and we don't need PC police in game.

^^^ Yeah, this! ^^^