Sign in to follow this  
Provocate

Legitimate Question

Hi was just wondering why I keep hearing about people who got unbanned and kept all their $$$ and joker tickets? Are these just cases of ignorant support or mistakes in general? Also, my names are still trapped in the void thx tiggs 🙂 

-p.s. dont get this locked pls I'm actually curious

8 minutes ago, Provocate said:

Hi was just wondering why I keep hearing about people who got unbanned and kept all their $$$ and joker tickets? Are these just cases of ignorant support or mistakes in general? Also, my names are still trapped in the void thx tiggs 🙂 

-p.s. dont get this locked pls I'm actually curious

If you were banned by fairfight and unbanned you lost $ and JT.
If you were banned, but not by FF and unbanned, you got to keep them IIRC.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I'd say conservatively around 75% of the people I've spoken with that have been unbanned were banned by FF and didn't have their $$$ and tickets removed. Edited by Provocate

1 minute ago, Provocate said:
I'd say conservatively around 75% of the people I've spoken with that have been unbanned were banned by FF and didn't have their $$$ and tickets removed.
I dunno, sounds like BS (from them not you), LO was pretty clear about removing $ and JT.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Provocate said:
I'd say conservatively around 75% of the people I've spoken with that have been unbanned were banned by FF and didn't have their $$$ and tickets removed.
I dunno, sounds like BS (from them not you), LO was pretty clear about removing $ and JT.
Yea that's not out of the realm of possibilities, that'd just be a decent bit of people lying about it but what's new

Contrary to the post above I only know one person who got banned and then unbanned after being falsely manually banned by a GM (I was even shown the email where he was told he'd be unbanned if he wiped his harddrive and promised not to cheat again, anyone on around 2013ish? probably remembers this period where that was offered) and he had his cash and JT removed. That's all I know

Edited by Tizzie

6 minutes ago, Tizzie said:

Contrary to the post above I only know one person who got banned and then unbanned after being falsely manually banned by a GM (I was even shown the email where he was told he'd be unbanned if he wiped his harddrive and promised not to cheat again, anyone on around 2013ish? probably remembers this period where that was offered) and he had his cash and JT removed. That's all I know

What you and I are talking about are completely different because 2013 is pre-FF (iirc) and FF banned players weren't given any type of plea offer afaik. Unless someone can come out and say they got banned pre-FF and got to keep all their stuff, I'm going to stay sure it's for manual bans played off as FF bans for cheating.
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

If you got a horse powertrip manual ban done under FF you get to keep your monies.

I did not get to keep my monies.

17 minutes ago, Signarly said:
I did not get to keep my monies.
Maybe not manual FF ban? lmao. Nah, I can also think of someone who got banned by FF who I 100% can't believe cheated and he didn't get to keep his monies either but you never know someone and people will lie until they die so who knows.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you were banned and flagged as "cheating" your money and joker tickets were wiped.

If you were banned and flagged for something other than cheating, you got to keep your money and joker tickets. 

Why did they make a blanket statement saying everyone's accounts would be gutted in terms of money and jt's and then turn around and not actually do that for everyone? I really don't care considering I'm just glad to have all my things back but I figured it was worth asking about. Idk if we'll actually know their reasoning unless they gave an official response on the matter.

Edited by Provocate

before the torches are lit and the pitchforks are sharpened, is there any proof that someone unbanned for cheating has kept their money/jt ?

i had like 50 accounts unbanned

you keep your money if you weren't in an automatic unban wave: if u had to ticket to get unbanned the gm who responded to your ticket didnt wipe ur money

11 minutes ago, saudauish said:

i had like 50 accounts unbanned

you keep your money if you weren't in an automatic unban wave: if u had to ticket to get unbanned the gm who responded to your ticket didnt wipe ur money

even the account i had to message support about had money and JT wiped, maybe its on a case by case basis

Meh, its whatever to me. 
Just glad to have my account back. 
Moneys never been hard to make anyways. 

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Meh, its whatever to me. 
Just glad to have my account back. 
Moneys never been hard to make anyways. 

Wait, if you're back then why do still have to look at crap like this all day? 

APB-Reloaded-small-38.jpg

also, welcome back Edited by KnifuWaifu

19 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Wait, if you're back then why do still have to look at crap like this all day? 

APB-Reloaded-small-38.jpg

also, welcome back
Honestly, I have no idea when the auctions end anymore.

Pretty sure noone got to keep their names. I havn't seen a single banned person with their old name (yet), and i know one guy mentioned that those names were locked. Guess you'll just have to re-start from scratch.

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Pretty sure noone got to keep their names. I havn't seen a single banned person with their old name (yet), and i know one guy mentioned that those names were locked. Guess you'll just have to re-start from scratch.

names were all kept, unless you were banned before the merge and someone from another server took your name

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
6 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

names were all kept, unless you were banned before the merge and someone from another server took your name
hmm, didn't hear about that one. I just know someguy mentioned he didn't get his name back as it was locked and havn't seen any of the names i knew are  ex-banned running around so i thought they were locked as well. Guess i was wrong. Still havn't seen the name Provocate running around Jericho though, so i dunno what happened to it.
  Edited by Noob_Guardian

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:
hmm, didn't hear about that one. I just know someguy mentioned he didn't get his name back as it was locked and havn't seen any of the names i new are  ex-banned running around so i thought they were locked as well. Guess i was wrong. Still havn't seen the name Provocate running around Jericho though, so i dunno what happened to it.

id assume a lot of banned people changed their names

Yeah there's at least one name left in the void of merge limbo that I'd like.

Be interesting if people unbanned actually did still have their money/JT.  If so, I'm not sure why you'd want to bring attention to it.  Of course people like me always want to see sweet justice done evenly and fairly.

I imagine running batches to apply things to accounts has always been problematic at best, so unless they did it ALL manually, I can imagine people did slip through the cracks.  How unfortunate if true.

Edited by mynd

8 hours ago, Teardrops69 said:

If you got a horse powertrip manual ban done under FF you get to keep your monies.

This seems to be the general conclusion, coming from someone who has been banned and had it lifted while keeping said money and JTs. After all I didn't ask or argue. But my unban was before the unban wave so I think I'm excluded from that anyways.

Speaking from experience and from what I've heard from others, it was handled case by case as long as it wasn't FF.

Sign in to follow this