Jump to content

Shotty preference  

109 members have voted

  1. 1. Prefered shotgun?

    • JG- X
      36
    • Colby CSG- X
      73


Recommended Posts

On 7/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, SLICKIEM said:

CSG, NFAS, JG, even Strife all have their strengths and weaknesses. They are applicable in the scenario where it's strength is played well. For example, the Strife is the king of assists/finishing for CQC, not so much solo kills. The JG is a balance between assist/finishing power and fire rate, at the cost of spread. The CSG is the same but trades even more damage for tighter spread. NFAS is primarily a solo-kill weapon for people that have good tracking aim. They're all great and it just comes down to preference and your natural playstyle.

p.s. JG is better if you find yourself hitting partial hits a lot. Since spread is higher than CSG you can afford to be a little sloppy and still 2-hit. CSG leaves absolutely no room for error if you want to 2-shot.

i'm finding it near impossible to 2 shot after the last shotgun rework with the jg, but i can consistently with csg...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
i'm finding it near impossible to 2 shot after the last shotgun rework with the jg, but i can consistently with csg...
I haven't really experienced that more on the JG than any other shotgun in particular. They all seem to be spotty at times, probably because shotguns were spaghetti coded in the first place.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
19 hours ago, Luminesca said:
Why do you want to make f2p gun better then paid gun, logic is absent there. 
why do you want to make the p2p gun better than the free gun, logic is absent there
Bro with the JG you need to be in someones patootie to pull of a 2 shot while csg is almost always 2 or 3 shots if you land it from within 10 meter range. Why is there a better shotgun behind a paywall eh. They both need a disantvandage and a advantage over each other to balance the shotgun. At the moment i will take the csg over the jg because it's better in every way at the current state.

What my vision is.
JG+ Shoots a bit faster then the csg but has less range.

CSG+ Shoots a bit slower but has more range. Edited by NIKIZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shotgunning at 10m range? Uhhhh.... I always run around with my pistol and pull out my shotty when I get close to a corner or know my opponent is close. If im caught with my pistol out within 7m, I try to tag my opponent whilst moving towards cover to get my JG out for the finnishing blow. I guess I use my shotgun more as a primary secondary rather than a full on primary because of its lack of range. I don't see why you would want to be able to compete with rifles and smgs at a 10m range with a shotgun, it doesn't make sense. Atleast in APB's case where were all stuck with plain buckshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NIKIZ said:
Bro with the JG you need to be in someones patootie to pull of a 2 shot while csg is almost always 2 or 3 shots if you land it from within 10 meter range. Why is there a better shotgun behind a paywall eh. They both need a disantvandage and a advantage over each other to balance the shotgun. At the moment i will take the csg over the jg because it's better in every way at the current state.

What my vision is.
JG+ Shoots a bit faster then the csg but has less range.

CSG+ Shoots a bit slower but has more range.
CSG in the joker store if u poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Never miss a shot" are you a comedian? Cus you did make me laugh there. I play Silver district mostly nowadays, on Citadel, and people there miss plenty of shots, even the best players though more rarely in their case. Shotgun dictate a certain playstyle and if you do that well, it performs well in the right situations. Why? Because not even the best players manage to consistently 5-6 shot you if youre quickly peeking around a corner and give a face full of buckshot. If you shoot well, 1 shot is enough for a quick pistol whipping, 2 shot can do them in, if not you might even have time for a third shot or a nade finnish if you play well. Shotguns aren't versatile like many other guns, but situationally a force to be reckoned with, like most specialized guns. I dont bother to play on Silver districts in Jericho, half the time I get to play against folks that hackusate me, the other half I fight proper folks in which I can notice 120ms delay doesn't help me much and that puts salt on my slugs really.

Edited by 23k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Never miss a shot" are you a comedian? Cus you did make me laugh there. I play Silver district mostly nowadays, on Citadel, and people there miss plenty of shots, even the best players though more rarely in their case. Shotgun dictate a certain playstyle and if you do that well, it performs well in the right situations. Why? Because not even the best players manage to consistently 5-6 shot you if youre quickly peeking around a corner and give a face full of buckshot. If you shoot well, 1 shot is enough for a quick pistol whipping, 2 shot can do them in, if not you might even have time for a third shot or a nade finnish if you play well. Shotguns aren't versatile like many other guns, but situationally a force to be reckoned with, like most specialized guns. I dont bother to play on Silver districts in Jericho, half the time I get to play against folks that hackusate me, the other half I fight proper folks in which I can notice 120ms delay doesn't help me much and that puts salt on my slugs really.

Edited by Slickmund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slickmund said:

"Never miss a shot" are you a comedian? Cus you did make me laugh there. I play Silver district mostly nowadays, on Citadel, and people there miss plenty of shots, even the best players though more rarely in their case. Shotgun dictate a certain playstyle and if you do that well, it performs well in the right situations. Why? Because not even the best players manage to consistently 5-6 shot you if youre quickly peeking around a corner and give a face full of buckshot. If you shoot well, 1 shot is enough for a quick pistol whipping, 2 shot can do them in, if not you might even have time for a third shot or a nade finnish if you play well. Shotguns aren't versatile like many other guns, but situationally a force to be reckoned with, like most specialized guns. I dont bother to play on Silver districts in Jericho, half the time I get to play against folks that hackusate me, the other half I fight proper folks in which I can notice 120ms delay doesn't help me much and that puts salt on my slugs really.

Edited by 23k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>thinking shotguns are weak 🤣

Also, JG does more damage, CSG has slightly more effective range. Its a good balance  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
22 hours ago, NIKIZ said:
Bro with the JG you need to be in someones patootie to pull of a 2 shot while csg is almost always 2 or 3 shots if you land it from within 10 meter range. Why is there a better shotgun behind a paywall eh. They both need a disantvandage and a advantage over each other to balance the shotgun. At the moment i will take the csg over the jg because it's better in every way at the current state.

What my vision is.
JG+ Shoots a bit faster then the csg but has less range.

CSG+ Shoots a bit slower but has more range.
CSG in the joker store if u poor. 
Not poor working 6 days a week making money for my future... That is not a solution. I know you are a whiteknight of this game and don't want much changes. Ughh yeah it's not a problem you just have to play 2 weeks of baylan ehh and then buy it for 7 days see everyone can get it kind of attitude. Hearing your solutions for ingame problems makes me think you don't want this stupid meta to be changed and make the game skill based. Grow up the meta has been the same for more then 6 years now accept changes for once.

Also the jg does more damage if the weapon was consistent yeh the pellets spread big like ur gaping butthole. Everything looks nice on paper but in reality it doesn't work that way. Edited by NIKIZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
Not poor working 6 days a week making money for my future... That is not a solution. I know you are a whiteknight of this game and don't want much changes. Ughh yeah it's not a problem you just have to play 2 weeks of baylan ehh and then buy it for 7 days see everyone can get it kind of attitude. Hearing your solutions for ingame problems makes me think you don't want this stupid meta to be changed and make the game skill based. Grow up the meta has been the same for more then 6 years now accept changes for once.

Also the jg does more damage if the weapon was consistent yeh the pellets spread big like ur gaping butthole. Everything looks nice on paper but in reality it doesn't work that way.
lol u mad af
when gifting comes back Ill buy you an account perm country gent 😉
 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
lol u mad af
when gifting comes back Ill buy you an account perm country gent 😉
 
please stop that is cringe as fuuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NIKIZ said:
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
lol u mad af
when gifting comes back Ill buy you an account perm country gent 😉
 
please stop that is cringe as fuuck
you can say fuck 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CookiePuss said:
you can say fuck 😉
no arguments. Flexes on people he thinks are poor. has Matt in his signature. Cringe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
no arguments. 
5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:



Also, JG does more damage, CSG has slightly more effective range. Its a good balance  

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
ON PAPER YES IN ACTION NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
 
ON PAPER YES IN ACTION NO
CSG is just easier, not better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@23kLike I mentioned, I do also play against proper silver and golds in the silver district. When my clanmates are on we compete with sometimes some of the best players. Players you come to know and respect because they often play really well against you in missions. Sometimes I cone across pkayers who are on top of the leaderboards of FC as well. Im not trying to say; OH but im really good you know! However your point is irrelevant and you wouldve known that if you bothered to read well what I said. Also, people are right to ridicule your demeaning behaviour. I main NTEC, HVR and Alig/OPGL as support in big teams or really hard to approach areas or AV heavy missions. Like most players. Shotguns are good, youd know this as well if youd play against good players. Actually one of the very best players Ive ran into on Citadel mains shotgun consistently and hes madly good and tactical. Either, git out you slag, or atleast those argument you throw out here as if youre on a bathroom break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
@23kLike I mentioned, I do also play against proper silver and golds in the silver district. When my clanmates are on we compete with sometimes some of the best players. Players you come to know and respect because they often play really well against you in missions. Sometimes I cone across pkayers who are on top of the leaderboards of FC as well. Im not trying to say; OH but im really good you know! However your point is irrelevant and you wouldve known that if you bothered to read well what I said. Also, people are right to ridicule your demeaning behaviour. I main NTEC, HVR and Alig/OPGL as support in big teams or really hard to approach areas or AV heavy missions. Like most players. Shotguns are good, youd know this as well if youd play against good players. Actually one of the very best players Ive ran into on Citadel mains shotgun consistently and hes madly good and tactical. Either, git out you slag, or atleast those argument you throw out here as if youre on a bathroom break.
I never said shotguns are bad i said they're inconsistent that's their main and only problem. Edited by 23k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 23k said:
I never said shotgun is bad i said they're inconsistent that's their main and only problem.
That they are JG even more so than CSG. But inconsistency is something you can learn to play with as well, I enjoy that part about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
24 minutes ago, 23k said:
I never said shotgun is bad i said they're inconsistent that's their main and only problem.
That they are JG even more so than CSG. But inconsistency is something you can learn to play with as well, I enjoy that part about it.
Edited by 23k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

inconsistent because their servers are shit and infrastructure shit
they should fix the game not make it easy mode because a few noobs cant 2 shot a jg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...