Shotty preference  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Prefered shotgun?

• JG- X
    • Colby CSG- X

Hi there,

I've been getting into shotguns as of last week and starting to appreciate their playstyle.
I landed on the good ol 12 gauge JG, mostly because I feel like the Colby CSG/TAS is less trustworthy in terms of damage output when fighting around cover.
Any opinions on this opinion from more experienced pump-action shotgun users? Auto shotties I dont consider a real weapon sorry, no offense.

The jg is a gigantic turd compared to csg and the csg shouldnt be paywalled/joker ticketed because of this fact

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percocet said:

The jg is a gigantic turd compared to csg and the csg shouldnt be paywalled/joker ticketed because of this fact

What makes you say that? No offense taken btw, were talking about guns. I personally can make better use of the low pellet count/high dispersion, than the make it rain CSG. But again, thats just my preference as of yet. Edited by Slickmund

I wouldnt care if you took offense, the reg and range on the jg is terrible compared to the csg

Reg? You mean hitreg by that? I have no issues with that at all, unless the servers are having issues. Range on JG is defenitely worse than CSG, since the pellet dispersion of the CSG is much lower, and especially if combined with IR3, can perform a lot better at range. I compensate for this lack of range with my side-arm, the Colby .45, which if used well, truely is like a mini-ntec with carbine accuracy. What I strongly prefer about the JG is the damage feedback. Since it's pellet count is so much lower, I can actually tell from the bloodsplatter how much damage I did on the shot, and what move would be wise to continue the fight. I quite often end up doing two poor shots around a corner with the JG, and quickly switching to my Colby to get that last shot in, or in the worst case 2. Whereas with the CSG, I couldnt tell in most situations, surely you can somewhat estimate the damage received through its hitshape, but not as easily with the JG where you can actually count the bloodsplatters. When Im facing a CSG user with my JG, I try to play to my strength with the JG, which would be dead on close range, or prolonged trades around a corner with my side-arm at the ready. Again, that's just playstyle really. 

In other words, I find the 'peek-a-boo" playstyle more beneficial with a JG than a CSG.

Edited by Slickmund

1 minute ago, Slickmund said:

Reg? You mean hitreg by that? I have no issues with that at all

Shotguns are INFAMOUS for hitreg issues.
Why do you think they are getting the "buff" they are getting?

lately the hitreg issues weren't there for me, the hits were landing as they should, sadly i ended up switching into an hvr after due to how the last battle i was in involved being on rooftops.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Shotguns are INFAMOUS for hitreg issues.
Why do you think they are getting the "buff" they are getting?
I've read plenty about that yes. Again, I have no hitreg issues at all unless I can notice the servers are having issues. Im not saying that issue doesn't exist for others, Im saying it doesnt appear to affect me as much or at all. Not with any weapon I have ever though, hey where'd my hit go? Without knowing I just fucked up on the accuracy or angle.

Just now, Slickmund said:
I've read plenty about that yes. Again, I have no hitreg issues at all unless I can notice the servers are having issues. Im not saying that issue doesn't exist for others, Im saying it doesnt appear to affect me as much or at all. Not with any weapon I have ever though, hey where'd my hit go? Without knowing I just fucked up on the accuracy or angle.
Dont play Jericho right now then, many guns are having the first 2 shots not register.
Luckily Matt and the team are on it.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Dont play Jericho right now then, many guns are having the first 2 shots not register.
I play on Citadel indeed, unless I feel like trollforcing with LTL or if Citadel is down. 

1 minute ago, Slickmund said:
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
I play on Citadel indeed, unless I feel like trollforcing with LTL or if Citadel is down. 
Lucky you, shits been so bad on Jericho for a while now.

guns llike nfas or true ogre shouldn't even exist

• Like 5

Just now, tries said:

Hey if people wanna play garbage guns, let em I say.

Just now, tries said:

True ogre, though I cant consider it a good weapon to begin with, I simply find over the top in terms of auto-spamming a shotgun. Guns like that often have mechanical issues and risk of breakage whilst using which is not a factor in a game like this at all. NFAS, well Im not a fan of auto-shotties, but I can see why some people would prefer it and I dont mind it. They dont outperform pump actions, theyre simply easier to use.

Get a SG-21 Strife. It one shots players with Fragile.

Personally I agree with you on the JG, it has more potential damage output, at 85 in 2m distance, whereas max is 55 on a csg.
CSG is more consistent when you're at ranges like 10-15m.

The strife can 3 shot anyone at 25m if you have Ir3 on it though. Peek-a-boo from the roof above 😉

Edited by CrunkGirl
Added more helpful things if the poster didn't want a strife.
  • Like 2

JG is fine but i really dislike how the pellet spread works, it's too random at times... CSG is a lot more consistent. 

Ive got one of those on my trollforcers, love it, use the TG-8 along with that. I main criminal, on Citadel though, alt on Jericho which I play LTL only on.
@MySodiumFair point, up close its not that big of a deal, but especially on the longer ranges, the RNG can get you as lucky as unlucky most of the time it being the latter. Thats why you carry a side-arm though.

Edited by Slickmund

40 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

bloodsplatter

blood is client side and is not accurate for judging damage or even hits

• Thanks 2

I think it depends on your situation. I play asylum alot and the jg is just superior over the csg there, but, in mission I'd prefer a csg, especially on attack over defence. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

Now on the topic of hitreg issues, I've experienced worse hitreg with the csg over the jg. 

18 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

Personally I agree with you on the JG, it has more potential damage output, at 85 in 2m distance, whereas max is 55 on a csg

This info is incorrect. I don't have the stats on hand but i know for a fact the csg is 65 not 55. I believe the jg is 72 but someone feel free to correct me.  Edited by Nanometic

15 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

Get a SG-21 Strife. It one shots players with Fragile.

Personally I agree with you on the JG, it has more potential damage output, at 85 in 2m distance, whereas max is 55 on a csg.
CSG is more consistent when you're at ranges like 10-15m.

The strife can 3 shot anyone at 25m if you have Ir3 on it though. Peek-a-boo from the roof above 😉

Strife can 1 shot fragile, but only with a near perfect shot (missing 2 pellets makes it a 2 shot).
JG does 792 damage.
CSG does 651.

But yeah CSG has tighter grouping so slight better outside of extreme cqc.

Strife at 25m with IR3 is rng based luck, not to mention 2.5 second ttk with 3 shots.

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

blood is client side and is not accurate for judging damage or even hits

Ya bullet holes are as well especially on the hvr, ignoring bloom after shooting secondary and you see it fly off into the shit abyss on the road and hits the middle of the crosshair. I wonder if tracers were back in the day probly

Ah, I wrongly mixed up what the Strife was, thought that was the stunshotgun, no I dont have that one, looks amazing though. Might get that, expensive asf though.

On the topic if the strife. I think it has the potential to be a total monster if this next patch is significant enough. 

Sign in to follow this