Sign in to follow this  
Gizzly

Question for N-TEC mains

Does any of you have a good argument for it being balanced? Here's a couple of arguments I've heard. I'm fairly sure people who say these doesn't understand what balance means.

- You need a lot of skill to use it, so it's okay that it's better than every other gun.

- It's not overpowered, all other AR's just needs a buff (this one in particular makes me a laugh)

• Like 3

its fine, carbine is the same if not better than the ntec, just depends on the situation and how you handle it

• Like 2

ntec is so op, everyone uses it, all the smgs, shotties, rifles, sniper rifles get ignored all the time.....

(this is sarcasm incase your sarcasm sensor isnt working)

Edited by Fennel
  • Like 1

it's only real strength is that it is adaptable. At CQC it'll lose out to SMGs and shotguns, at longer ranges it'll lose out to HVRs and Marksmen rifles. It works well in APB because having a gun that can play most objectives is good.

• Like 3

Just because something is used a lot does not make it OP. Even if the NTEC got nerfed in to the ground it would still be used a lot due to versatility. The problem arises not because the NTEC is OP, but because none of the other ARs in its typing are as accessible AND up to the same standard. Thus buffs should be looked at for the other guns rather than a nerf to a balanced gun that wouldn't even solve the issue of mid range ARs being all around in a meh place.

• Like 1

People who hate the ntec cant use the ntec. 
Also, why does other ARs being bad make you laugh? 

this thread is another one of those bait threads to complain and start more arguments about the ntec and how people who do not use it properly suck and people who use it properly are 'OP' and it needs a nerf or some other crap.

1 hour ago, hotbot said:

it's only real strength is that it is adaptable. At CQC it'll lose out to SMGs and shotguns, at longer ranges it'll lose out to HVRs and Marksmen rifles. It works well in APB because having a gun that can play most objectives is good.

This is about the n-tec being unbalanced in terms of other AR's. Why do people keep bringing up other weapon types when that's completely irrelevant to the conversation?
46 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

People who hate the ntec cant use the ntec. 
Also, why does other ARs being bad make you laugh? 

I can use and do use the n-tec quite often. Which is why I see a majoe problem as it's counterparts seriously lacks in some aspects and the n-tec has no drawback. It makes me laugh cause saying that all other ar's needs a buff is just another way of saying the n-tec is way better than every other ar in the game. Nerfing n-tec or buffing all other AR's doesn't matter LO needs to adress the problem that the n-tec outshines all of it's counterparts.
Furthermore, when it comes to buffing all other AR's then all of a sudden we'll have a whole weapon class that outpreforms all other weapon types. Just nerfing the n-tec would be metter, make it meet with the majority of the weapons in the game.
21 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

this thread is another one of those bait threads to complain and start more arguments about the ntec and how people who do not use it properly suck and people who use it properly are 'OP' and it needs a nerf or some other crap.

Not srarting more arguments, I'm just adding fuel to the conversation about the n-tec. As a sane person I actually want the weapons ingame to be balanced but a lot of people like the ntec as it is, yet they never try to use any other weapon. If you only have 1 weapon in your arsenal you souldn't be talking about weapon balance as you obviously only know the one weapon that's blatantly better than anything else.
  • Thanks 3

NTEC is fine as it is really, and appart from some armas AR's theres plenty of decent counterparts. Star beats NTEC at CQC if played well, and up to its effective range if used well (play around cover you have the maneuverability advantage after all). Below a range of 20-30 meters weapons with an efficient range like the ATAC or Carbine overtake it in terms of play, below that range SMG's and shotguns beat it. Naturally, all if played according to the weapon's fighting style. NTEC sweetspot is between that 30m and 70ish meters, there it beats pretty much anything in TTK if handled well. Beyond that range, other weapons overtake it again, like snipers, dmrs (yes i know dmr is catagorized as a sniper in this game but thats just wrong really, since DMR = Designated Marksman Rifle, which the obeya 762 should fall under as well but alright), and mid to long range rifles. The Cobr-a defenitely needs a buff, VAS spearhead I dont have and see to seldom to compare fairly. Otherwise, the AR catagory is in a good place.

The VAS I don't want to bring up, I find it a weird weapon in terms of accuracy bloom.

Reason why people compare other gun-classes to the NTEC is because were talking about NTEC balancing, and its rather uncommon to see other AR's used against NTEC players.
No weapon is OP, only the Yukon when its in your face because it is a bit bugged, appart from that its shite anyways. Fang isn't even OP, it still loses to a burst rifle, and still loses to a long effective range weapon. It's a really good backup for QS'ing which though I am not a fan of, I can't even consider being OP.

If you as an NTEC user have yet to be beaten by a STAR user or an ATAC, then you still haven't ran into anyone who actually mains that gun or is simply skilled with it.

Edited by Slickmund
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I find the ntec, star, and far to all be perfectly viable tbh. 

The problem with the ntec is how fast you can accurately shoot at ranges. Both FAR and STAR's bloom recovery makes them practically useless vs an ntec at 50-60m. On top of that the ntec can easially deal with snipers and such up to 75 even 80m. I don't want the ntec to be useless. I want a very slight adjustment to either it's damage dropoff range or it's bloom recovery.

except you need to bring up other weapons because balance takes other weapons into effect. Being an unbalanced weapon would mean it outperforms at ranges other guns should have a niche over, and the NTEC does not. The ATAC is viable as well but it is meant for closer distances. 

the NTECs strength comes from its ability to adapt to most situations

what exactly are you trying to do to the ntect to make it more balanced? Anything you do will make it pretty much useless. 

It already suffers from extremely high bloom, and its range is poor (Which is why everyone runs the same setup with HS3 and IR3) when compared to other marksmen rifles. At close range its imposible to full auto the weapon and hit anything unless they are right on top of you and not moving. Plus if you're out of marksmen mode the bloom is even worse. The gun is only seen constantly because it works in most situations. 

Just now, Gizzly said:
8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The problem with the ntec is how fast you can accurately shoot at ranges. Both FAR and STAR's bloom recovery makes them practically useless vs an ntec at 50-60m. On top of that the ntec can easially deal with snipers and such up to 75 even 80m. I don't want the ntec to be useless. I want a very slight adjustment to either it's damage dropoff range or it's bloom recovery.
Like I mentioned before, 50-60m is the NTECs sweetspot really. STAR's sweetspot is around 30-50ish, whilst offering more mobility. Again FAR I can't talk about. But a NTEC should not win against a sniper at 75m+, even with IR3 its damage dropoff is too high, giving the sniper plenty of time to 2 or even 3 shot you.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gizzly said:
10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

the NTEC should outshine in that range as the STAR is much easier to use in CQC

1 minute ago, Slickmund said:
Like I mentioned before, 50-60m is the NTECs sweetspot really. STAR's sweetspot is around 30-50ish, whilst offering more mobility. Again FAR I can't talk about. But a NTEC should not win against a sniper at 75m+, even with IR3 its damage dropoff is too high, giving the sniper plenty of time to 2 or even 3 shot you.
STAR got slight advantage at cqc vs ntec. Anything beyhoind 20m and the ntec is stright up better

Ntec is better 40-50
far n ntec better 20-40
star n far better 0-20

also, the ntec is 18stk by 70m... if yer beating snipers at or past that range, then something isnt right

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

With a NTEC, you cannot walk and fire when firing at a range beyond 20m and risk a miss or two. The STAR is way more forgiving in terms of that. If you want to shoot well with a NTEC, at any decent range you have to stand still. That is it's downside, STAR doesnt have that as strongly as the NTEC does. Say if you play star and you get engaged by an NTEC at 60-50m. Use cover to move up, use cover to fight, you have the advantage. If youre caught out in the open by a NTEC with a good angle on you, well sorry, but youre NTrapped at that point. You should play your weapons playstyle with finesse and integrate it completely in your pathing when possible. I'm a fairly decent NTEC user, and I love its playstyle, much like the Obeya762, much like I prefer using Shotguns over SMG's, or the carbine over the ATAC. Yet theres plenty of situations a good STAR user gives me trouble or does me in even. STAR has an entirely different playstyle which can just as well, counter the NTEC's strengths. This is why I've started practising with the STAR as well, since it also offers a lot of versatility, but at a different range than an NTEC.

I personally think the NTEC needs some more balance. I know that may not be a popular opinion considering all that was said above, but I feel like its versatility is too high. Especially with IR3, I have too much trouble trying to counter it at ANY range, unless I switch to the meta NTEC setup myself... But hey, maybe I'm just bad.

are we still allowed to answer even if we dont main ntec?

N-Tec is pretty simple to use, once you're used to firing tbh

Ntec is fine currently. Would still like to see it reverted to its previous state (minus the hb2 change). Its a strong mid range weapon. Yes it can kill in cqc as well. Should it not be able to? Just because someone body stuffs you or jump shots you doesn't make it broken or op. I've been using the gun since 2010. Its pick rate really isnt that absurd. Guns such as the HVR, OCA, and Carbine are picked just a frequently. Don't try to argue it with the stats they used for the weapon balancing because you shouldn't balance weapons based off 5% of the entire game (baylan fight club). The ntec in no way needs to be nerfed anymore than it has been already. I myself will never agree with the tap fire change to it and wish to see it reverted. Apart from that they shouldn't be nerfing it. ESPECIALLY if they're going to be buffing armas assault rifles. The last thing this game needs to do is create a pay2win atmosphere. The ntec needs to stay strong and other Assault Rifles need to be buffed up to where it is in different ways like the ATAC series.

Edit: Yes its a balanced gun. Assault Rifles should be versatile. The ntec has a good range for Semi Rifles and snipers within 60m and enough fire rate to fight smgs in cqc. Even with those it still lacks the damage it can deal per bullet compared to snipers. It also lacks the corner popping and hipfire movement smgs/shotguns have. But inside its range of 30-50m its extremely strong and it preforms at its peak. 

Edit 2: I noticed you mentioned compared to other AR's. So im a firm believer in buffing the other assault rifles up to where the ntec is. Apart from the Star and the Far because i think those two are actually in a good place currently. Guns like the Cobra and the Misery need to have their own play style. Such as the ATAC. Yes if you compare the Ntec to other AR's then ya you can see where the scale might be leaning more towards the ntec but it doesn't make it broken or OP. Its because these guns they add have mechanics on them that just hurt them. Both the Cobra and the Misery have terrible bloom recovery. At the same time though the Cobra has a strong CQC hip fire capability and the Misery is a very accurate ranged Assault Rifle. I understand why you'd complain about the ntec being "broken" comparing it to other Assault rifles but its suppose to be strong because compared to the Star its less forgiving. These were the two assault rifles that were compared to one another long before the new ones. Its more the fault of the company for releasing guns that fall very short to the base weapons. You have to keep in mind that you should be comparing the Ntec and the Star when talking about AR's. I think you need to look at Armas Assault Rifles rather than changing the Baseline for Assault Rifles (Ntec and Star).

Edited by RespectThis

To versatile, needs to have a through look at it.
I've beaten whispers, pmgs, manics, shotguns, auto shottys, 
It's in the meta for a reason, and should be brought down a notch on par with the f2p guns.

Sign in to follow this