Sign in to follow this  
MrKindlyCat

The new threat system

Hi 

All new players has an option to play in districts by recommendation... Silver player will play in silver district but all we know in silver district are playing gold players as well and it is bad for whole game coz we lost new players. The new players ( silvers ) without a skill start to play with skilled players and this is bad idea and difficult for them so they drop the game. I know I saw it to many times that the new players dont know about a button ADVANCED where they can choice the bronze district so...

G1... if you want to see the new players you have to make the system which will block gold players to play in silver district but silver players could play in gold district ( this is for friends you have to stay an opportunity to play together )

2nd... if player will attach gold treat in silver district server have to kick him from the server and the gold player will connect to gold district and make it for all treats... in bronze district will be kicked by server all silvers and golds

I know too many golds who make special silver treat and going to bronze district to be like a god so it is annoying and bronze guys left this game if you want to see this trade no problem... your game - your rules

I hope you understood what I said 

12 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

Just bring back the RTW threat system.

would work just fine

4 hours ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

Just bring back the RTW threat system.

even if its just the emblems I've been saying this for years.

17 hours ago, notHunky said:

How did the RTW system work again?

current one shows ur rank and lvl

old one showed rank and threat level

it means there were bronze 1-10, silver 1-10 and gold 1-10

i loved that threat system and in my opinion it worked just fine

gold 10's were pretty much god tier and very good players where gold 1 were average golds and then there were silvers etc

maybe the system will need some tweaks but its much better then the current one imo

21 hours ago, MrKindlyCat said:

G1... if you want to see the new players you have to make the system which will block gold players to play in silver district but silver players could play in gold district ( this is for friends you have to stay an opportunity to play together )

Man i was playing on the Falange server when they implemented this on the server, it was a mess.

Players dethreating to silver to change districts all the time they got to gold again.

Maybe the old RTW system could fix the problem.

So what you are asking is, Gold players should be only able to play in gold districts and are restricted to gold unless they lose their rank and they can access the other districts and when they go back to gold they must go back to a gold district. fight club and social district in general. you want to separate what little player base we have by their threat levels. mainly greens against green, bronze against bronze, and ect.

4 hours ago, KawaiPotato said:

current one shows ur rank and lvl

old one showed rank and threat level

it means there were bronze 1-10, silver 1-10 and gold 1-10

i loved that threat system and in my opinion it worked just fine

gold 10's were pretty much god tier and very good players where gold 1 were average golds and then there were silvers etc

maybe the system will need some tweaks but its much better then the current one imo

The old threat system had gold go up to 15 

I can't say if I am for or against this since I don't know much about the details on how good and accurate it would function with today or future apb matches.

RTW's threat system had only 15 levels(no gold/silver/bronze) and was determined by your 15-20 most recent mission outcomes. Essentially, if you were on a large win streak you would be the highest threat level. It was a simple system that didn't take into account individual performance or the skill of your opposition, it literally just looked at if you won missions or not.

G1 introduced the 30 level gold/silver/bronze system with a hidden rating behind the scenes. This system was quite a bit more complex and similar to what a lot of other games have in place as far as mmr/elo based skill tracking and matchmaking. I believe this system is still in place they just reduced the number of visible rank-pools a player can be put into to 4 (gold/silver/bronze/green). I think a lot of people liked the old 30 level system as climbing the threat ladder was a kind of end game progression mechanic to do after you had maxed your character's rating. Of-course there were some drawbacks such as all the negatives that come along with the increased stakes missions had as there was actually something on the line to lose.

I feel like this belongs to https://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/7-game-forum-suggestions/

And I'd rather vote for a hidden one where people can't boast about + boost their ego with... Or where others are discouraged cause they see some highranks. Open Conflict felt nice in that regard.

However the old one with announcement was quite baddass I gotta say xd

Threat segregation only caused issues for APB.

The old penalty-system - as in: get 20% or even less rewards when you play in lower districts used to work quite well unless people just wanted to farm weapon roles...

Edited by ❤BR)))❤