Sign in to follow this  
Jukin

[Game] Enable auto-sprint & push to crouch ingame

I would like to suggest these get implimented for the fact that battle eye will be implemented, Some might disagree with this statment but for me personally, i feel that it gives a strong advantage already for players not knowing how to do these settings in the config ini. Files. It should be avaliable for everyone as it dose help in stressful situations where togglecrouching can make you slower in a game where movement is everything. Also to add, having auto sprint enable you to have an open key for exp. The pinky or the shift key that can be now changed to crouch while having your fingers stay on the movement keys. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't say an auto sprint is needed, what I believe should be done is what many other shooting games have. Press sprint once and you will sprint until you decide you don't want to, not have to hold the button down. If that makes any sense.

• Like 2

Toggle sprint mode

Toggle crouch mode

Just note if you permanently sprint your aim / crosshair will be larger, the player not sprinting will have higher accuracy.

So depending on the weapon you are using you would have to disable the auto sprint each time before you start shooting otherwise any mobility during combat will kill your accuracy.

This might seem like a small disadvantage but it can save your life 😉

Edited by ElectroStingz

8 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Toggle sprint mode

Toggle crouch mode

Just note if you permanently sprint your aim / crosshair will be larger, the player not sprinting will have higher accuracy.

So depending on the weapon you are using you would have to disable the auto sprint each time before you start shooting otherwise any mobility during combat will kill your accuracy.

This might seem like a small disadvantage but it can save your life 😉

Not if youre V-switching it dosent. Because it closes the crosshair everytime you swap shoulders, allowing the animations to skip, it also skips steps in animation making it harder for them to hit you while still having good accuracy. -edited : forfor hipfiring that is. If you need more accuracy thats what marksmen is for. 

Edited by Jukin

Make an option to choose between Toggle or Hold crouch and sprint

This one is pretty easy to make since there are already the settings in Engine/BaseInput.ini if i recall correctly but since they are going to use BattlEye and editing configs may trigger the anti-cheat i'm going to stop using the edited CFG for toggle sprint and hold crouch.

Thank you so much LO if you are going to make this change.

Could have separate binds for hold or toggle for both crouch and sprinting.

Edited by Dopefish

3 hours ago, Jukin said:

Not if youre V-switching it dosent. Because it closes the crosshair everytime you swap shoulders, allowing the animations to skip, it also skips steps in animation making it harder for them to hit you while still having good accuracy. -edited : forfor hipfiring that is. If you need more accuracy thats what marksmen is for. 

What I am saying is that if you take 2 players, one sprinting the other not.

The crosshair for the one sprinting prior to firing the first shot will be much larger.

The player who isn't sprinting will have a smaller crosshair to beging with.