Hydralox

Game not displaying at the correct resolution

This only started happening recently but sometimes when the game is launched it does not display at the correct resolution instead it resizes my entire monitor desktop, windows, etc. It does this even though the game launched fine the previous time and was shutdown properly.

The only way I can fix it is by either putting the game to windowed mode then back to fullscreen, but that only last until I have to launch the game next time. The other way of fixing it is to delete the entire Config folder located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame" and that fixes it until it decides to mess up again.

The attached image is not a screenshot because it would not display the issue properly instead it would only look like I have the wrong resolution.

19dfedc917.jpg

Edited by Hydralox
  • Like 1

This issue happens sometimes when you change resolutions and toggle between windowed and fullscreen modes.

The fix (rather than resetting the entire config folder) is to manually edit the "APBMachineOptions.ini" file under ."..\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config" and change the following lines to your desired resolution:
ResX=1920
ResY=1080

• Like 1

I never toggle between windowed and fullscreen (only done to try and fix the problem not before hand). I'll close my game normally and then next time I boot it up its messed up, but I will look there next time to see if that fixes it. Will update.

Edited by Hydralox

8 hours ago, TheSxW said:

Nvidia / AMD panel and change scaling to stretch 🙂

Did that looked like patootie.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Ashley said:

\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config

I had a similar issue... blurry looking textures... and what solved it for me is deleting the Config folder, starting the APB launcher->options->repair.

it will download some textures and rebuild that folder.

my game now looks beautiful.

always make a backup of the Config folder before you do this just in case...

I'm experiencing the same issue sometimes when toggling between windowed and full screen modes. However, I also experience a issue where after toggling out of the game's windowed mode other apps' window are displaying completely off screen and right-clicking the window in the Taskbar then selecting maximize brought it back. There was no way I could get the window restored to where I could move it around my screen with my mouse. Luckily, I know a fixed, but the issue still resurfaces after a while or whenever I reinstall the game.