I mean, I know APB has been around for many years and now we have way less players on NA than before.
Do you guys think that APB can simply end and go offline sometime soon due to the lack of population on the servers or will they keep the servers up as long as there are people frequently playing?
I wish APB lasts.

apb died and dieded a long time ago and its dying until it dies and it dies again....

idk

• Like 1

if orbit can fix these server/ddos issues in a timely manner i think we'll see a decent pop resurgence

if not, well then its anyone guess

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Everything comes to an end eventually.

Not with Unreal Engine 4.0

If it ever gets there, of course ( I hope it does )

54 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Even Fortnite
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lato said:
59 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Even Fortnite
Hopefully soon.

LO just bought a dying game... they bought it with lots of issues, lots of bad code, lots of problems and it's going to be some time before they get the game polished and shiny for advertising... but when they do, it's going to be popular...  maybe not PUBG or GTA5 popular, but a lot more popular it is now with all the problems.... Just give the company time to unfold their battle plan to fix this game, and then yes, absolutely it's got GREAT potential to be profitable and fun for a few more years.

APB is no longer a "dying" game... it's just in a kind of alpha state atm.

• Like 1

Really?

NcTqaz3.png

I mean, you are new :classic_rolleyes:so we are already getting new players, which contradicts your statement... 🤔

26 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

LO just bought a dying game... they bought it with lots of issues, lots of bad code, lots of problems and it's going to be some time before they get the game polished and shiny for advertising... but when they do, it's going to be popular...  maybe not PUBG or GTA5 popular, but a lot more popular it is now with all the problems.... Just give the company time to unfold their battle plan to fix this game, and then yes, absolutely it's got GREAT potential to be profitable and fun for a few more years.

According to leaked Steam achievements data 15 million people have played GTA on Steam at least once. Around 5 milion played APB. Having 3 times less people than GTA or Skryim is pretty high number. If they manage to fix the game and pump out decent new content we might see pop going back to old time levels.

5 minutes ago, KNickz said:

when will my life end

dontcountonit.jpg

while the game is constantly lagging, even if LO brought thousands of players back...its still dead to me because its UNPLAYABLE

5 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

apb is kinda popular tbh
it just has a really bad reputation because of the server lags , bad optimization and 2008 graphics (yes people care about graphics)

Every game dies eventually

In terms of its longevity, If you give the roadmap a good read it'll give you some good insight into this. Adding to this, if LO does a "relaunch" after upgrading to UE4 and properly advertise the game(e.g. sponsoring streamers to play the game) I believe the games population could go on the rise. In my opinon, LO is approaching this game with the correct amount of caution and addressing problems in not only unique ways, but effective as well. 

The reason APB died and decayed so to speak is because G1 never updated/released anything substantial in their last year(s), the game became stale in its broken state thus the players left gradually over time.

This game just got bought by a company that has set APB as it's first own big project to be more independent than just developing games for others. Do you think they will just let their new "flagship" die after purchasing it for probably a couple millions? At this state we are far away from the end of this game, just take a look at the roadmap and give the new devs some time to clean up whats left behind by G1.

Edit: Months before LO bought APB the EU server population was around 4-600 but nowadays it's back at 1200 (haven't seen that number in 3 years)

Edited by PHM

APB lives in our hearts.

APB is dead? 600+ on at any given moment in NA during the daylight hours is not dead.
Now if it's the middle of the night yeah it's dead because people are asleep.
But that doesn't make APB dead.

Edited by Fortune Runner

10 hours ago, Ebola-Chan said:

apb is kinda popular tbh
it just has a really bad reputation because of the server lags , bad optimization and 2008 graphics (yes people care about graphics)
The funny part is the graphics were better back in 2010 than they are now.

And yeah the game will eventually die.  Every game does at some point.  But I don't see it happening in the near future now that LO has taken over and based on the stuff Matt told us when he talked to the Nekrova team, they have some pretty big and awesome plans for the future.

APB already died. what we have now is a corpse.