Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Nite said:

I'd assume if anyone gets caught creating unsanctioned content during a live stream the studio is allowed to point to the rules and say "this player created content outside the allowed terms so this isn't something we approve of" or something to that effect.

Not necessarily. People still get banned using VRChat and accidentally livestreaming all kinds of things created and enacted by others, even if they are against the TOS.

Edited by Rhiza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhiza said:

Not necessarily. People still get banned from VRChat for accidentally livestreaming all kinds of things created and enacted by others, even if they are against the TOS.

Lol... So they get banned for not knowing da wae (sorry, had to do this kind of idiocy)

I wasn't aware of people getting banned for streaming such content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

o man you are such a brainlet

 

it comes down to this:

 

if they don't want it in their thing, they can tell you they don't want it in their thing and enforce that they don't want it in their thing

 

you are complaining like your freedom of expression is being taken away from the "government" and that it's a bad thing

 

it's their platform, they can do it and it's not in violation of the first amendment

 

if you want tiddies, go play aa2 or sl or teaching feeling

 

if you want magnets i'll help

Oh man, this is so ironic, i wanted to call you a brianlet like 2 times but i held back and deleted it only for you to throw that at me.

 

Look here, i understand that its their game and they do whatever they want, you dont need to make a these weirdly spaced replies like you have downs to say that, what i am complaining about is what they are doing with it, i know they can, that doesnt mean i have to like what they are doing, why is ti so difficult to comprehend? Its their service yes, but we are the users of their service, it is done for us, and we know better what we want, we dont like things being decided for us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rhiza said:

Not necessarily. People still get banned from VRChat for accidentally livestreaming all kinds of things created and enacted by others, even if they are against the TOS.

Wait, as in they get banned from the game they're streaming and not just the platform they're streaming on?

 

That's new, never heard of that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Why are people legit unhappy about losing tiddies? I mean, half of all humans have them and you can easily see them by either looking in a mirror or searching "tiddies" on google. This isn't some horrible giant thing.

I can use the same exact reason to add them once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nite said:

Wait, as in they get banned from the game they're streaming and not just the platform they're streaming on?

 

That's new, never heard of that before.

Sorry, no; I mean they get banned from Twitch for looking at/hearing stuff in VRChat. It's made a lot of streamers incredibly jumpy about all sorts of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ken2 said:

I can use the same exact reason to add them once again.

Except it's common decency not to expose them in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about you but when I first started playing this game, there weren't anime tiddies all over the place. It slowly got worst.

 

Really has nothing to do with free speech. Tired of seeing social filled with trash 24/7 tho. You can have your basic mainstream weeaboo anime thot just cover it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think the main reason that people are worried about nudity is, bluntly, the trend of "Anti-sex appeal" that has hit gaming pretty hard. It's less that they want bare breasts everywhere and more that they don't want to see stuff like

Removed: All bras outside of default bras.

Removed: All underwear outside of default underwear.

Removed: All short shorts.

Removed: All skirts.

Modified: All dresses no longer render cleavage.

Removed: Breast slider.

Changed: Characters are no longer allowed to be shirtless or without pants. Default clothing will now appear on any character without a shirt or pants.

 

and other such modifications covering the patch notes. It's censorship, plain and simple. The whole thing on Freedom of Expression that was brought up is that, in a game that ADVERTISES YOUR FREEDOM TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER, you are now being told that you cannot customize your character in certain ways. We are having an advertised and hyped feature of the game REMOVED. So now you have issues with false advertising, among other problems. We already technically have a potential false advertising issue because the APB Reloaded steam page advertises 50v50 matchmaking. In addition, the trailers for the game still feature muzzle flashes and tracers, which is also false advertising.

 

Not to mention the wildly skewed moral compass: We have missions fighting over drug caches, blood money, weapon shipments, and holding transplant organs hostage for blackmail among many other things. Along with this, we have literal suicide bombing techniques using detonator and vehicles. Not to mention the basic level of shooting other people in the face. But no. No sex allowed. Sex is bad. Go back to catholic school and be chaste and cover everything up. Pretty crazy morals.

 

Pre-post edit: Calling people sexist and resorting to the "You're just objectifying women" is a really weak argument because it is just another form of body shaming, even if you're body shaming "conventionally attractive" people.

Edited by Freewind
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Personally, I think the main reason that people are worried about nudity is, bluntly, the trend of "Anti-sex appeal" that has hit gaming pretty hard. It's less that they want bare breasts everywhere and more that they don't want to see stuff like

Removed: All bras outside of default bras.

Removed: All underwear outside of default underwear.

Removed: All short shorts.

Removed: All skirts.

Modified: All dresses no longer render cleavage.

Removed: Breast slider.

Changed: Characters are no longer allowed to be shirtless or without pants. Default clothing will now appear on any character without a shirt or pants.

 

and other such modifications covering the patch notes. It's censorship, plain and simple. The whole thing on Freedom of Expression that was brought up is that, in a game that ADVERTISES YOUR FREEDOM TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER, you are now being told that you cannot customize your character in certain ways. We are having an advertised and hyped feature of the game REMOVED. So now you have issues with false advertising, among other problems. We already technically have a potential false advertising issue because the APB Reloaded steam page advertises 50v50 matchmaking. In addition, the trailers for the game still feature muzzle flashes and tracers, which is also false advertising.

 

Not to mention the wildly skewed moral compass: We have missions fighting over drug caches, blood money, weapon shipments, and holding transplant organs hostage for blackmai among many other thingsl. Along with this, we have literal suicide bombing techniques using detonator and vehicles. Not to mention the basic level of shooting other people in the face. But no. No sex allowed. Sex is bad. Go back to catholic school and be chaste and cover everything up. Pretty crazy morals.

 

Pre-post edit: Calling people sexist and resorting to the "You're just objectifying women" is a really weak argument because it is just another form of body shaming, even if you're body shaming "conventionally attractive" people.

Mate... You're right. If LO bows down to SJWs that don't even play the game, they'll have to re-create the formula. BUT, IMHO. Following the lore of APB:
"Not to mention the wildly skewed moral compass: We have missions fighting over drug caches, blood money, weapon shipments, and holding transplant organs hostage for blackmai among many other thingsl. Along with this, we have literal suicide bombing techniques using detonator and vehicles. Not to mention the basic level of shooting other people in the face. But no. No sex allowed. Sex is bad. Go back to catholic school and be chaste and cover everything up. Pretty crazy morals."

 

The city is falling apart due violence. So criminals are doing what they want and not giving a fuck about it.

APB's motto is: BE WHAT YOU CAN'T BE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Personally, I think the main reason that people are worried about nudity is, bluntly, the trend of "Anti-sex appeal" that has hit gaming pretty hard. It's less that they want bare breasts everywhere and more that they don't want to see stuff like

Removed: All bras outside of default bras.

Removed: All underwear outside of default underwear.

Removed: All short shorts.

Removed: All skirts.

Modified: All dresses no longer render cleavage.

Removed: Breast slider.

Changed: Characters are no longer allowed to be shirtless or without pants. Default clothing will now appear on any character without a shirt or pants.

But anyone with any modicum of common sense knows none of those things are on the table and aren't going to be.

 

Why are gamers obsessed with considering themselves persecuted? Because we're not. We really aren't, like.

Edited by MrChan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrChan said:

But anyone with any modicum of common sense knows none of those things are on the table.

Probably not, but it is a concerning notion that we will have the potential that "It was okay for you to get rid of this, but people are still running around in lace thongs and adhesive bras. You need to get rid of it too."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrChan said:

But anyone with any modicum of common sense knows none of those things are on the table.

Thank God. But the way some companies are bowing down to some SJW bullshoot... BUT, everybody knows that these companies are doing it for the money, they don't really care for the sjw "fight", well played capitalism... Well, played. =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a second moderator warning on this topic. Do not clog legitimate topics with discussions that are out of place. If it is not related to the topic or the topic gets derailed, your post will be removed again and you will be warned. All free discussion is to be done in proper places. People reading a certain topic expect to see useful posts.

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To expand on the thought on my previous post, Twitch for example doesn't allow streaming of games rated AO (adult only). So while this game is 18+ here in europe, which is kinda the "top kek tier" because we are seen as adults at this point and are able to buy beer n stuff around that age (minor differences between the exact age and legislation between countries), there are no further tiers for rating games. In US of A this is rated M, which is something like 17+ if I've understood it correctly, which is still one tier down from your "adult only" content.

 

You don't want to risk a game to get pushed to AO only due to people being able to create AO content aka. "gentleman's special interest literature", because it'll pretty much ruin a lot of potential for events and e-sports and what not that could be created around that game.

 

Tiddies with some cloth thrown on them is sexual content (M). Naked ones are ****ographic (AO). It's that simple. Now making this ruling (which has pretty much always existed and was just worded badly and interprented in various ways) enforced after such a long perioid of total anarcy is going to make some feel like something is being taken away. And indeed something is being taken away, though it is things that shoudn't have been there in the first place due to what I just explained. But earlier administration was propably already deep enough in trouble with more burning day-to-day issues when tiddies and whatnot started appearing on creations and character designs, and the fine line drawn on water on what was and what wasn't allowed has been floating around in the sea of neglect ever since.

Edited by Chinook
damn filters :D
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

Except it's common decency not to expose them in public.

Decency for who? Males nips are not censored anywhere.

Female objectification is not a reason to hide them. Special treatment for one gender is called sexism and male nips are not censored, not even in game.

 

32 minutes ago, Chinook said:

To expand on the thought on my previous post, Twitch for example doesn't allow streaming of games rated AO (adult only). So while this game is 18+ here in europe, which is kinda the "top kek tier" because we are seen as adults at this point and are able to buy beer n stuff around that age (minor differences between the exact age and legislation between countries), there are no further tiers for rating games. In US of A this is rated M, which is something like 17+ if I've understood it correctly, which is still one tier down from your "adult only" content.

 

You don't want to risk a game to get pushed to AO only due to people being able to create AO content aka. "gentleman's special interest literature", because it'll pretty much ruin a lot of potential for events and e-sports and what not that could be created around that game.

 

Tiddies with some cloth thrown on them is sexual content (M). Naked ones are ****ographic (AO). It's that simple. Now making this ruling (which has pretty much always existed and was just worded badly and interprented in various ways) enforced after such a long perioid of total anarcy is going to make some feel like something is being taken away. And indeed something is being taken away, though it is things that shoudn't have been there in the first place due to what I just explained. But earlier administration was propably already deep enough in trouble with more burning day-to-day issues when tiddies and whatnot started appearing on creations and character designs, and the fine line drawn on water on what was and what wasn't allowed has been floating around in the sea of neglect ever since.

Thats quite contradictory, lingerie like what we have in the game, is way more erotic than simple naked bodies.

Edited by Ken2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

Thats quite contradictory, lingerie like what we have in the game, is way more erotic than simple naked bodies.

I'm not in charge of legislation, but I know I can advertise lingerie with pictures of a girl wearing nothing but on a street but not put the same picture in the same place without them (unless I add something else).

Edited by Chinook
added missing words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I must point out is that GTAV and GTA Online both have uncensored nipples with a M rating. In addition, GTA Online has the capacity to call women from the strip bar to a player owned home to perform lap dances for free instead of paying the fee that the strip club charges.

 

APB should be no different, and the markets for these games is identical, virtually identical or 99% overlap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I'm not in charge of legislation, but I know I can advertise lingerie with pictures of a girl on a street but not put the same picture in the same place without them (unless I add something else).

And thats exactly why its not making any sense. Genitalia was the line...

 

There are plenty of foot fetishists, we can have naked feets in the game right? How is that common decency? How can anyone show their feets? Some guys literally blown their mind with feets... whats next? Full muslim dress? Thats not common sense in any way.

 

I may understand that there is a whole business with the censorship and game editing stuff... but at least make any sense,  its really frustrating...

 

8 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Something I must point out is that GTAV and GTA Online both have uncensored nipples with a M rating. In addition, GTA Online has the capacity to call women from the strip bar to a player owned home to perform lap dances for free instead of paying the fee that the strip club charges.

 

APB should be no different, and the markets for these games is identical, virtually identical or 99% overlap.

 

Edited by Ken2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Freewind said:

Something I must point out is that GTAV and GTA Online both have uncensored nipples with a M rating. In addition, GTA Online has the capacity to call women from the strip bar to a player owned home to perform lap dances for free instead of paying the fee that the strip club charges.

 

APB should be no different, and the markets for these games is identical, virtually identical or 99% overlap.

I've heard from cases where people have been temporarily banned from Twitch for spending prolonged perioids of time in the strip club looking at the ladies.

 

Some content on games is always going to be borderline, and it's often as much about how the rules are interpreted as it is about the rules. If you have clear rules, they are easier to interprent and thus enforce. It could be as simple as LO wanting to make it easier to interpret what is allowed and what not, it's not like the symbols are critical to gameplay in a way that there either must be nudity or they're useless.

 

In my opinion, nudity isn't required element in APB. I prefer to leave some room for imagination... 🤤

Edited by Chinook
typos once again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I don't think nudity has a place in the game.

 

But I don't think that'll stop people from making anime tiddy symbols.

Edited by Bornstellar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I've heard from cases where people have been temporarily banned from Twitch for spending prolonged perioids of time in the strip club looking at the ladies.

Twitch has specific regulations regarding sexual content when playing games.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Twitch has specific regulations regarding sexual content when playing games.

 

 

 

"Games featuring nudity, movieography, sex, or sexual violence as a core focus or feature, and gameplay modified to feature these elements are entirely prohibited. Occurrences of in-game nudity are permitted, so long as you do not make them a primary focus of your content and only spend as much time as needed in the area to make progress. Games rated Adults Only (AO) by the ESRB are not permitted in gameplay-oriented broadcasts or complete or unedited format on Twitch."

 

From what I understand, as long as you're not streaming making nude symbols or taking every oppertunity to ram your camera into your characters feminine features or someone elses feminine features, you should be 100% fine. 

 

https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/community-guidelines/sexualcontent/#nudity-and-sexual-content-in-games

Edited by Freewind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That there's nudity possible in the game doesn't mean it should be abused for degenerate purposes. We're in an 18+ game, sure, but that doesn't mean you should disturb others with public nudity, showing feminine features like it's the most normal thing to do. It's degenerate as fuck, and I can see why Little Orbit doesn't want that around. 

 

Maybe strictly prohibiting is not a great idea on one hand, this community likes to light up their torches about anything they disagree with like mr blue bird (aka red bird reincarnate) here. I remember reading that in RTW you were able to even unequip underwear-type clothing, but despite that I think the amount of degeneracy was very little. Only RTW players will know. I'd lean more towards allowing it, but discourage it strongly, but considering this playerbase likes to exploit literally everything that can be exploited, maybe prohibiting something degenerate isn't much of a bad thing.

Edited by Haganu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...