utilizator

This wories me ...

Okay so when little orbit took things over from tiggs and her corrupt regime, it was exciting news and everyone was having their minds blown and cheering on our new benevolent dictator and his army, welcoming them with songs and flowers as they march their tanks and troops through the town square, And no one seemed to have any reservations or take anything said with a grain of salt, putting all their hopes and dreams into the little orbit basket like nothing could ever go wrong.

I for one remained a little skeptical and cautious, after all a lot of things said just sounded too good to be true and i dont expect any fundamental changes to be done to the game, so i didnt get overly excited and raise my expectations sky high, the only expectation i have is the promised new maps, that's all i ask, and if they can deliver on that, i will let my guard down a little more.

But anyway, now that the QnA livestream has concluded, we already have a few worrisome signs of things to come, and here are some of them:

Second, I love the immense creativity at the heart of APB. Personalizing your character, weapons, and vehicles is one of the aspects of this game that makes it fun. Overall, I don't want to dampen that creativity. However we have limits. This is a game. Nudity doesn't have a place here, and it's not allowed. Hate speech or symbols are also not allowed.

Use some common sense, and you'll be fine.

If You love the freedom of expression so much, why you want to restrict it and tell people what they can and cant do? why do you have to bring your prudish, regulative, normie baggage into this game with you?

dont get me wrong, i do think coloring your bikini in same color as your skin and drawing crude nipples on it is just in bad taste, but its the freedom to do so is what makes this game so great and I will defend peoples right to do so even if i dont agree with it myself. While you want to take that freedom away and to get people up on their "common sense" toes about how they dress or what symbols they make.

And what do you even define as nudity? is running around in nothing but a thong and a bikini top constitutes nudity? if not than drawing some MSpaint style nipples on that bikini top is not really nudity either and everyone can see that shes still wearing a bikini.
And what about all the anime tiddy symbols on people's profiles? or the ahegao faces, will those be gone too? This is an 18+ game about drugs, gun violence, bad language and stripper poles, you should add the option to get naked instead of playing fashion police!

As for hate speech and such, it is the law after all, it was never allowed and it should go without saying.

Edit: To people with reading disability, im talking about about the freedom of expression granted by APB's customization tools, not freedom of speech.

We'd like to get a new weapon in the game.

Why does this have to be your priority? the game already has a crap ton of weapons and half of them are just useless, why not add something the game actually needs more of? like new cars (and not just another fancy sports car either).

For those that aren't aware, the Netherlands and Belgium have approved laws that define Loot Boxes or any randomized reward system as gambling based on specific criteria.
We are watching this fairly closely.

I like the Netherlands approach, because they have specific guidelines and timelines to help publishers get into compliance. Belgium not so much. Most likely we will keep the Joker Box system, but the rewards wont be tradable, which means the price may go down.

This is all sorts of messed up, first of all, if you go by the netherland's law alone, you will still be violating belgium's law by keeping the joker boxes in the game, so if you can afford to just pick and choose which countries laws to follow, why follow them at all? or why not just make joker boxes inaccessible to people from belgium and netherlands? Also does the netherland law even apply to joker boxes? since the things you win can only be sold for ingame space bucks and not actual real world money like CSgo.

Second, NOOOOO you back of mister, do you realize that buying legendary weapons off the user marketplace is the only way for some people to ever get their hands on them? not everyone has access to their mom's credit cards, i have been grinding my patootie of for months to get that FFA RND, and now thanks to you i will never get to experience it, and i sure as hell aint going to shovel my hard earned money for your scummy gambleboxes for a 0.1% chance of winning it, either get rid of the joker boxes entirely and find another way to randomly earn them or just allow people to buy legenderies off armas (although that would ruin the whole point of them being legendary. or leave weapon trading alone. Not to mention, you are going to kill the weapon market and destabilize the game economy by removing one of the game's biggest money sinks. Do you understand what you are doing?

And this also conflicts with the trading system you have been talking about, if legendary weapons arent tradable, whats the point of having a trading system? 99% of all the trading scam and people begging for a proper trading system is because of the legendary weapons, everything else can just be sent through the market with the restricted option or through mail free of charge so theres no need for a trading system for that.

So yeah that is all, this thread is mostly here as proof that "i told you so" when the honey moon phase is over and you all will be giving little orbit the same amount of hate that you do towards G1/RP

Edited by utilizator
  • Like 7

Nudity - Because rating system. duh
Guns - cause that's what brings people back to try new stuff. duh
Loot boxes - cause revenue and exciting for some people, they're not based in belgium so while it does affect them, it's not a major playerbase demographic. duh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure, they just have to follow the law in the countries they got servers/ offices in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nidd2 said:

Nudity - Because rating system. duh
Guns - cause that's what brings people back to try new stuff. duh
Loot boxes - cause revenue and exciting for some people, they're not based in belgium so while it does affect them, it's not a major playerbase demographic. duh

Drugs, violence, bad language should already set the rating to mature. duh

New cars are new stuff that bring people back too. duh

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like. duh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, utilizator said:

Drugs, violence, bad language should already set the rating to mature. duh

New cars are new stuff that bring people back too. duh

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like. duh

nudity generally gets a game a higher rating than just violence and bad language, especially in places like the u.s. and australia

you can make the same argument for “why a new car” that you made for “why a new gun”

the belgium and netherlands laws are more than likely going to spread across the eu at the very least, it’s far better to get ahead of the curve

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

nudity generally gets a game a higher rating than just violence and bad language, especially in places like the u.s. and australia

you can make the same argument for “why a new car” that you made for “why a new gun”

the belgium and netherlands laws are more than likely going to spread across the eu at the very least, it’s far better to get ahead of the curve

But isnt game rating made for restricting the sale of physical copies to minors? like you cant buy GTA in stores in australia but you can still buy it on steam because steam is not located in australia? Also this game had nudity for 10 years under the old owner ship and it was never a problem, no one cared, why would it become a problem now when ownership changed?

New content in general is what attracts people back, it can be anything, not just guns, it just needs to be new content. Also the game is over saturated with guns, not cars.

Yeah but what im saying, shouldnt they be following belgium's law too than in that case? and remove the joker boxes entirely.

Edited by utilizator
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Last I checked multiplayer usually doesn't receive a general rating. So unless they add nudity themselves then it wouldn't have a higher rating. Otherwise anything with an online component would have M rating or the equivalent as a baseline.

Cars are limited in general and there has been what like 2/3 new ones since g1 took over where as there has been what 20+ new weapons? With most of these being redundant or garbage because of gimmicky shit.

Yeah it's best to plan for it. Still idiotic, but whatever nanny states will nanny.

European audience is the largest, so it is pretty obvious the company is going to force their progressiveness onto everyone in order to appease the probable complaints from the EU tarts. So I am not surprised they would immediate go in to do something about our Joker boxes that have been around for 7-8 years. I would HOPE they would either fix where they're going to place legendaries and not just put them up on ARMAS and piss off the older players. Legendaries are legendaries, not commonly bought and found weapons.

And regulating Nudity doesn't really have anything to do with freedom of speech. I would expect them to continue to allow swears and the like, but if they start regulating certain words then I will probably just find another game that isn't becoming stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, utilizator said:

But isnt game rating made for restricting the sale of physical copies to minors? like you cant buy GTA in stores in australia but you can still buy it on steam because steam is not located in australia?

New content in general is what attracts people back, it can be anything, not just guns, it just needs to be new content. Also the game is over saturated with guns, not cars.

Yeah but what im saying, shouldnt they be following belgium's law too than in that case? and remove the joker boxes entirely.

idk the specifics of rating regulations but i’d assume too high of a rating (probably an ao or whatever a specific country’s rating is) could get the game banned

nudity is just a slippery slope imo, we’ve already seen the annoyingly subjective moderating that results from leaving it up to creative freedom

i’d def argue we have a larger descrepancy of existing cars vs used cars than existing guns vs used guns

also don’t know the specifics of the loot box laws but i assume there’s some kind of wiggle room

The game is free to play on steam, anybody has access to the game, like the rating is going to stop anybody because you can just pretend to be older than you are. Plus not everybody has the same opinion on

nudity, personally, I'm all for it but I do agree with Mr Scott in saying that it has no place in a game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guns AREN'T their top priority, if you bothered to pay attention to the QnA, you would know that. Their priorities for the game are in a very good order, to quote the QnA they are going to lay the foundation for the game before they start adding stuff in. Not only that but they won't be adding stuff until the engine updates since it would make more work for them when they come to move it over to 4.0, which should be common knowledge to anybody who plays games that gets updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, the loot boxes, if the laws were to go ahead and come to the rest of the population, they would have to change it anyway. The game has done a very good job at keeping RMTing down but it will be in the game somewhere until they set a specific trading system into the game, they did say they were looking to make legendary guns account wide which is an excellent quality of life change for the game. 

"I told you so"......

Don't be petty, at least wait until you start saying things. You should be thankful that a company is so motivated to pick the game back up, no matter their intention.

Edited by Michi

3 minutes ago, Michi said:

The guns AREN'T their top priority, if you bothered to pay attention to the QnA, you would know that. Their priorities for the game are in a very good order, to quote the QnA they are going to lay the foundation for the game before they start adding stuff in. Not only that but they won't be adding stuff until the engine updates since it would make more work for them when they come to move it over to 4.0, which should be common knowledge to anybody who plays games that gets updates.

If you bothered paying attention, i was quoting the part of the QnA where thy talk about the kind of new content they will be adding once those foundations are laid.

Also, you will be the first one to who i will say i told you so :33333

Just now, utilizator said:

If you bothered paying attention, i was quoting the part of the QnA where thy talk about the kind of new content they will be adding once those foundations are laid.

toxiccccc

• Like 1

I for one, am quite sad. I mean, where will a 35 yr old grown man get a glimpse of womenly tidbits now?

Edited by Puffdragon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

I for one, am quite sad. I mean, where will a 35 yr old grown man get a glimpse of womenly tidbits now?

There is always second life!

1 hour ago, utilizator said:

Okay so when little orbit took things over from tiggs and her corrupt regime, it was exciting news and everyone was having their minds blown and cheering on our new benevolent dictator and his army, welcoming them with songs and flowers as they march their tanks and troops through the town square, And no one seemed to have any reservations or take anything said with a grain of salt, putting all their hopes and dreams into the little orbit basket like nothing could ever go wrong.

I for one remained a little skeptical and cautious, after all a lot of things said just sounded too good to be true and i dont expect any fundamental changes to be done to the game, so i didnt get overly excited and raise my expectations sky high, the only expectation i have is the promised new maps, that's all i ask, and if they can deliver on that, i will let my guard down a little more.

But anyway, now that the QnA livestream has concluded, we already have a few worrisome signs of things to come, and here are some of them:

If You love the freedom of expression so much, why you want to restrict it and tell people what they can and cant do? why do you have to bring your prudish, regulative, normie baggage into this game with you?

dont get me wrong, i do think coloring your bikini in same color as your skin and drawing crude nipples on it is just in bad taste, but its the freedom to do so is what makes this game so great and I will defend peoples right to do so even if i dont agree with it myself. While you want to take that freedom away and to get people up on their "common sense" toes about how they dress or what symbols they make.

And what do you even define as nudity? is running around in nothing but a thong and a bikini top constitutes nudity? if not than drawing some MSpaint style nipples on that bikini top is not really nudity either and everyone can see that shes still wearing a bikini.
And what about all the anime tiddy symbols on people's profiles? or the ahegao faces, will those be gone too? This is an 18+ game about drugs, gun violence, bad language and stripper poles, you should add the option to get naked instead of playing fashion police!

As for hate speech and such, it is the law after all, it was never allowed and it should go without saying.

Why does this have to be your priority? the game already has a crap ton of weapons and half of them are just useless, why not add something the game actually needs more of? like new cars (and not just another fancy sports car either).

This is all sorts of messed up, first of all, if you go by the netherland's law alone, you will still be violating belgium's law by keeping the joker boxes in the game, so if you can afford to just pick and choose which countries laws to follow, why follow them at all? or why not just make joker boxes inaccessible to people from belgium and netherlands? Also does the netherland law even apply to joker boxes? since the things you win can only be sold for ingame space bucks and not actual real world money like CSgo.

Second, NOOOOO you back of mister, do you realize that buying legendary weapons off the user marketplace is the only way for some people to ever get their hands on them? not everyone has access to their mom's credit cards, i have been grinding my patootie of for months to get that FFA RND, and now thanks to you i will never get to experience it, and i sure as hell aint going to shovel my hard earned money for your scummy gambleboxes for a 0.1% chance of winning it, either get rid of the joker boxes entirely and find another way to randomly earn them or just allow people to buy legenderies off armas (although that would ruin the whole point of them being legendary. or leave weapon trading alone. Not to mention, you are going to kill the weapon market and destabilize the game economy by removing one of the game's biggest money sinks. Do you understand what you are doing?

And this also conflicts with the trading system you have been talking about, if legendary weapons arent tradable, whats the point of having a trading system? 99% of all the trading scam and people begging for a proper trading system is because of the legendary weapons, everything else can just be sent through the market with the restricted option or through mail free of charge so theres no need for a trading system for that.

So yeah that is all, this thread is mostly here as proof that "i told you so" when the honey moon phase is over and you all will be giving little orbit the same amount of hate that you do towards G1/RP

Don't worry boss, we will have gms not doing a good for the game like is controling cheaters, if not  attentioning like allways and on top (the fruit of teh cake) they are VOLUNTEERS -you may know what it means...-

17 hours ago, Lixil said:

My GMs are strictly volunteers. They will not be banning players.

You need to understand that they brought the game to console peasants, they had to lower the graphics to console levels (it still run like shit for them lmao) and censor the most posible because kids and sensible people will be playing the game.

edit: nowhere been stated that their previous staff were changed, and they still gamersfirst. You know what it means too, right?

inb4 toxicity to speak out truth

1 minute ago, utilizator said:

You only quoted a very basic string or words, and you clearly weren't paying attention if you think that.

Don't be so toxic, this place is to discuss things, I've merely told you what I think.

I thought this thread was only about  sorry.

The legendary thing is a bad idea.

The rest of it I don't care about or agree with.

The laws concerning gambling will likely only be pertinent to the countries the servers reside in. So your scenario about the e.u. being a abomination of red tape is meaningless.

2 minutes ago, Michi said:

You only quoted a very basic string or words, and you clearly weren't paying attention if you think that.

Don't be so toxic, this place is to discuss things, I've merely told you what I think.

Sorry but toxicity goes both ways, you, cant be toxic to me and expect me to not be toxic back and than tell me to not be toxic lol. you started it and i just replied to you in the same manner that you used.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utilizator said:

Sorry but toxicity goes both ways, you, cant be toxic to me and expect me to not be toxic back and than tell me to not be toxic lol. you started it and i just replied to you in the same manner that you used.

Stop using the word toxic unless you are an sjw, just call the guy an pleasant fellow.

50 minutes ago, utilizator said:

Maybe they just don't want that 'bad taste' you speak of plastered all over the game all the time? Maybe they it's crasse and might be potentially off-putting for some potential new players? There's more to this decision than "it's a 18+ / mature rated game, titties should be allowed everywhere".

There are plenty of other places you can look at or draw feminine features.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I thought this thread was only about  sorry.

The legendary thing is a bad idea.

The rest of it I don't care about or agree with.

The laws concerning gambling will likely only be pertinent to the countries the servers reside in. So your scenario about the e.u. being a abomination of red tape is meaningless.

"Gambling is not problem, if not what you do with your gains", as far as i understand. Does it make any sense for you?

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Stop using the word toxic unless you are an sjw, just call the guy an pleasant fellow.

You are right, using their words brings us down to their level.

4 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

"Gambling is not problem, if not what you do with your gains", as far as i understand. Does it make any sense for you?

Oh man I hate correcting  people, it's like I'm kicking puppies. The E.U. is not a country as much as it wishes to be, most of the laws are not universal and countries can opt out of laws.

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

Maybe they just don't want that 'bad taste' you speak of plastered all over the game all the time? Maybe they it's crasse and might be potentially off-putting for some potential new players? There's more to this decision than "it's a 18+ / mature rated game, titties should be allowed everywhere".

There are plenty of other places you can look at or draw feminine features.

If you care so much, then bid the displays screens and show your art. What? That you dont care? Why caring about what is shown then?

• Like 1