Aeronaut

guess it's time to find out what would happen if Little Orbit bought APB

ylAG_rlh6cnrbzwvpgDp-V8TMdK4LokJVh3pNce- Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 1

When was this? I remember seeing them archived not to long ago searching for stuff in the old forums...

incoming ban

10 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

When was this? I remember seeing them archived not to long ago searching for stuff in the old forums...

if i screenshotted it on the same day it happened, it would be July 7th, 2017. Just over a year ago. woah.

LO hit the ground running, with a very engaging ceo and focus on communication.. the opposite being the thing almost everyone hated about g1 (pretty much 1 year into the era of tiggs).

but while there are a lot of game changes in store, they should not forget that customer service goes a long way. The moment when g1 stopped they stop putting effort into player issues (outside ban related stuff), is when a lot of aspects of the game went to hell. Hopefully, LO can handle both the easy cases and the obscure ones that g1 neglected and pissed off a lot of key players with.

Edited by tennogrineer
  • Like 1

Don't remind me of that week. That got me my first ban on this very forum account, and if i'm not mistaken, same to yours. (or to Word2)

Clearly old Mud Squids were too sensitive to defend the out of order status quo that forums had going on.

Edited by Poperon
  • Like 1

That was golden. Worth remembering.
I'm glad you never left.

Reminds me of the good ol' days were forum goers requoted:

A blog post would be nice

50+ times until we'd finally get one.

Edited by Talla
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I'm in that screenshot! Niiiiice.

1 hour ago, Poperon said:

Don't remind me of that week. That got me my first ban on this very forum account, and if i'm not mistaken, same to yours. (or to Word2)

Clearly old Mud Squids were too sensitive to defend the out of order status quo that forums had going on.

nah. I got banned for "impersonating an official in a mocking way."

it was the post where someone was complaining about the laggy servers and I said something in the lines of 

"sorry, we're working on it. we've recently changed the formula for the hamster feed and it has produced unexpected results."

that got me the "impersonating an official in a mocking way"

I then posted about how mods should be more clear and list the exact guidelines broken in the forum guidelines and that thread got deleted. that was about a week or month where someone was going on a banning/deleting rampage.

that got me my last and final warning?

then someone else posts a very similar post regarding the moderation actions and it stayed up indefinitely.

weird and inconsistent. Edited by Aeronaut

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

it was the post where someone was complaining about the laggy servers and I said something in the lines of 

"sorry, we're working on it. we've recently changed the formula for the hamster feed and it has produced unexpected results."

I then posted about how mods should be more clear and list the exact guidelines broken in the forum guidelines and that thread got deleted. that was about a week or month where someone was going on a banning/deleting rampage.

then someone else posts a very similar post regarding the moderation actions and it stayed up indefinitely.

weird and inconsistent.
Man, the Reloaded Mod Squad was such buuuuulllsheeeeetttt

Glad those days are over
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

weird and inconsistent.
Oh god, I remember that quote, it was gold. I can't believe I forgot who said it.

and that's stupid they banned you for that, considering the community, and sarcasm that was clearly obvious ... or was it?...
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

weird and inconsistent.

We know Mud Squid 20 was the Mussolini Pasta boi around back then. Now we actually have good mods, Hooray!!

I've been bothering a few forum mods occasionally and they replied nicely but would be unfair to compare with the former forum volunteers because I never had to send a message to them that I could remember.

But idk why when we say something good about the new staff sounds like implying the old staff was bad...this forums these days makes me feel we have to clarify everything...  😧

Edited by Salvick

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

idk why when we say something good about the new staff sounds like implying the old staff was bad

probably because the old staff was bad
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sergsininia said:
Oh god, I remember that quote, it was gold. I can't believe I forgot who said it.

and that's stupid they banned you for that, considering the community, and sarcasm that was clearly obvious ... or was it?...
The person who was on the rampage was Tiggs, and it was my opinion that that is why they thankfully removed her from a position of community leadership.

8 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

weird and inconsistent.
I remember that post...
oHNdVxQ.gif

A lot of good people were lost during that forum purge. Off course I can't say who's responsible, but someone definitely got triggered into flinging toys out of the G1 pram left and right, resulting in a ban barrage for what was obviously nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek forum happening.
In fact, the banning behaviour reminded me quite a bit of what happened during the weapons-in-Social glitch/bug. Edited by AsgerLund

Where is my name on this list???! Oh wait, GotItDone already removed my post privs before this.. Ach well. Im back now so no harm done (arseholes)

13 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

weird and inconsistent.

13 hours ago, Nite said:
Man, the Reloaded Mod Squad was such buuuuulllsheeeeetttt

Glad those days are over

13 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

I always wondered why they did that since it was obvious you were teasing and not impersonating.

12 hours ago, Poperon said:

We know Mud Squid 20 was the Mussolini Pasta boi around back then. Now we actually have good mods, Hooray!!

wth is a Mussolini Pasta boi rofl I get that hes bad but what??? 

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
12 hours ago, Salvick said:

idk why when we say something good about the new staff sounds like implying the old staff was bad

probably because the old staff was bad

Yeah

4 hours ago, ColterWall said:
13 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

The person who was on the rampage was Tiggs, and it was my opinion that that is why they thankfully removed her from a position of community leadership.
It was not just Tiggs banning that day but she was blamed because she was the main voice from everyone else dumping it on her. That whole staff was involved. nothing happens without a boss's permission right? And back then a few were vocal about it then went silent and posts of theirs disappeared  left the baggage on Tiggs.

17 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

yeah. as silly as it was, i was curious as if they REALLY wanted to ban me from the forums for THIS. so i contacted support. the regular support gave me the run-around but sounded like they were just following instructions from someone higher up. 

modsquad20 seemed to not be able to see the silliness of the situation after my messaging him. then i was able to talk to tiggs, but she held her ground as well for some reason. we're talking about gassy hamsters, folks.

16 hours ago, Poperon said:

jesus christ

8 hours ago, ColterWall said:

if tiggs didn't budge, i would assume that she was okay for me getting banned for gassy hamsters.

8 hours ago, AsgerLund said:
I remember that post...

A lot of good people were lost during that forum purge. Off course I can't say who's responsible, but someone definitely got triggered into flinging toys out of the G1 pram left and right, resulting in a ban barrage for what was obviously nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek forum happening.
In fact, the banning behaviour reminded me quite a bit of what happened during the weapons-in-Social glitch/bug.

pretty mind boggling.

7 hours ago, Seedy said:

Where is my name on this list???! Oh wait, GotItDone already removed my post privs before this.. Ach well. Im back now so no harm done (arseholes)

wasn't gotitdone from like 3-4 years ago??

3 hours ago, CrimeCleaner said:

well.. if it wouldnt be for LO then id eventually quit.

haven't we all been saying that for years? out of all the people who claim they're going to quit, only a small minority have actually left the game 

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

wth is a Mussolini Pasta boi rofl I get that hes bad but what??? 

28 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

jesus christ

Mussolini = Dictator
Pasta = Origins from Italy
Both Italian?

Well, i need to quit drinking while posting 🤔🤪

1 hour ago, InkieTheSauzeGod said:

Fucc. me.

Ok 👌