In my opinion, I find it better than the HVR. Sure, it fills up slightly different roles, but the main role is sniper so I usually prefer a DMR instead of an HVR. It's nice and fun to play, very versatile. You can slap HB on it and it becomes a LTL so you can support your cop buddies. I find it nicer to shoot with because since it has more ROF, it's more forgiving than the HVR, and it also feels "faster to kill with" even thought it isn't (I think?). It however can have the same kill potential as the HVR, since the reverse-dropoff perk can enable it to two-shot people. The weapon's hard damage is also very good and therefore it makes the weapon really "jack-of-all-trades-ish" since it can kill, stun, and destroy! I also really like the sound and the look of it.
I was wondering if with the engine update, the draw distance could increase, making this weapon a extreme long range sniper? The setups I usually run on this weapon are HS3 with Tagger and sometimes HB3.

What are your opinions on the DMR-SD?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I like the DMR. I think the main thing that makes it so non-meta is that you can't bull crap your way to a kill with it if you get hit someone, like the HVR. The DMR is a lot of fun to play around with, just not very usable in CQC like the HVR is.. I feel like if the HVR gets nerfed so that it's less useful in CQC, much like the DMR is, then the DMR will rise to be more meta.

• Like 1

I like it when people think it requires two shots with DMR, when you can easily kill tagged opponents due to its increase in damage after certain distance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnNighthawk said:

dmr-av does it better
  • Like 1

Wanna Nerf the n-hvr? Lock the secondary slot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
2 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

dmr-av does it better
I actually don't like Cooling Jacket on this weapon!
37 minutes ago, scaredofsnakes said:

Thank you for giving us your opinion

You're very welcome. It's nice to take a break from all the complainy posts.

5 minutes ago, JohnNighthawk said:
neither do i, the pr1 is the only real choice 

3 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
In my opinion, I find it better than the HVR. Sure, it fills up slightly different roles, but the main role is sniper so I usually prefer a DMR instead of an HVR. It's nice and fun to play, very versatile. You can slap HB on it and it becomes a LTL so you can support your cop buddies. I find it nicer to shoot with because since it has more ROF, it's more forgiving than the HVR, and it also feels "faster to kill with" even thought it isn't (I think?). It however can have the same kill potential as the HVR, since the reverse-dropoff perk can enable it to two-shot people. The weapon's hard damage is also very good and therefore it makes the weapon really "jack-of-all-trades-ish" since it can kill, stun, and destroy! I also really like the sound and the look of it.
I was wondering if with the engine update, the draw distance could increase, making this weapon a extreme long range sniper? The setups I usually run on this weapon are HS3 with Tagger and sometimes HB3.

Its quiet a weapon.

C wut i did thar HUEHUE

Not sure why people don't like the DMR-AV PR2. It's a straight upgrade for shooting vehicles and people within 40m. Just time your shots to fit the range and situation, not really too difficult.

I like the DMR-SD a lot, mostly because of the lower recoil compared to AV and the suppressor. It's also quite nice to mess around with the open slots of it, lots of different combos to be had there

Edited by SLICKIEM

7 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
it also feels "faster to kill with" even thought it isn't (I think?).
It kills in 0.15s less than HVR with 3 shots, but the substantially higher damage all around is considered more valuable.

7 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

I use it with flak jacket and med spray when ppl spam volcanoes/osmaws from far away

does it still have that decrease in damage from 0-80 meters?

• Thanks 1

It's my favorite weapon and all I used for a long while! I never saw it used and decided to try and learn to be competitive with it. At first, I sometimes got kicked at the start of matches when the leader didn't like that I used it and I'd refuse to change, even though I was leading in kills or contributing. I didn't initially know about the max range damage boost, too, so that was an amazing surprise. It's my go-to gun when struggling with other things. DMR-SD and RFP are my favorite combo from 2013 on.

The -AV is great, too, and the sound is amazing. I've often used it it just to deal with vehicles, but I prefer the -SD for the surprise factor.

Plus, you can do this!
https://i.imgur.com/qzcJLBN.gifv

4 hours ago, liliya said:

It's my favorite weapon and all I used for a long while! I never saw it used and decided to try and learn to be competitive with it. At first, I sometimes got kicked at the start of matches when the leader didn't like that I used it and I'd refuse to change, even though I was leading in kills or contributing. I didn't initially know about the max range damage boost, too, so that was an amazing surprise. It's my go-to gun when struggling with other things. DMR-SD and RFP are my favorite combo from 2013 on.

The -AV is great, too, and the sound is amazing. I've often used it it just to deal with vehicles, but I prefer the -SD for the surprise factor.

Plus, you can do this!

Really funny, did it once or twice, but I usually snipe from mid-range and run for the arrest if a teammate isn't nearby.

6 hours ago, illgot said:

does it still have that decrease in damage from 0-80 meters?

Not sure what you mean by decrease in damage. From 0-80 meters, it's a 3 shot, past 80, it's a 2 shot because of the reverse-dropoff "hidden perk" the gun has, which causes more damage over range. That's why improved rifling isn't good on this weapon.

11 hours ago, iPlumbum said:
Its quiet a weapon.

C wut i did thar HUEHUE
Oh you.

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
12 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
neither do i, the pr1 is the only real choice 
Thanks for clarifying!

11 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

Not sure why people don't like the DMR-AV PR2. It's a straight upgrade for shooting vehicles and people within 40m. Just time your shots to fit the range and situation, not really too difficult.

I like the DMR-SD a lot, mostly because of the lower recoil compared to AV and the suppressor. It's also quite nice to mess around with the open slots of it, lots of different combos to be had there

Doesn't CJ3 make the crosshair not close completely before the next shot? I dislike it for longer ranges.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

>"Nerf N-HVR"
>N-HVR gets heavily nerfed
>Everyone start to use DMR
>"Nerf DMR"
>DMR gets heavily nerfed
>Everyone start to use N-HVR
>Repeat to infinity.

If the enemy team has many snipers I sometimes take DMR instead of HVR 

1 hour ago, JohnNighthawk said:
  Doesn't CJ3 make the crosshair not close completely before the next shot? I dislike it for longer ranges.
Yes, but only if you fire as fast as possible. It's nice on the -AV pr2 so you can shoot cars as fast as possible but has to be paid attention to when shooting persons. I prefer Cj2 on the -SD for that reason.

5 hours ago, liliya said:

Plus, you can do this!

Oh yeah the quickswitching, i wonder it they have kevlar you should stun them with 3 shots, since it doesn't increase stamina, right?

10 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
It just allows you to shoot before bloom resets fully, full accuracy fire rate is still the same. That's useful for bigger targets and closer ranges. For long range, trigger discipline is all you need.

10 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
Really funny, did it once or twice, but I usually snipe from mid-range and run for the arrest if a teammate isn't nearby.
  Not sure what you mean by decrease in damage. From 0-80 meters, it's a 3 shot, past 80, it's a 2 shot because of the reverse-dropoff "hidden perk" the gun has, which causes more damage over range. That's why improved rifling isn't good on this weapon.
  Oh you.
  Thanks for clarifying!
it doesn't matter when it's a vehicle, the target is so large you won't miss it.  What will happen is the car will vanish before you can destroy it due to the lack of render and 100m range limit on weapons.

I like the DMR aswell got the AV version account wide :). I call it the anti NHVR since after 90 meters it's 2 shot and shoots faster then a nhvr lol. I would like it to be 2 shot after atleast 80 meters making the weapon more viable and give it a play style worth playing.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mitne said:

>"Nerf N-HVR"
>N-HVR gets heavily nerfed
>Everyone start to use DMR
>"Nerf DMR"
>DMR gets heavily nerfed
>Everyone start to use N-HVR
>Repeat to infinity.

until both are so shit that noone uses snipers anymore and switches to ntec

10 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:
20 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
It just allows you to shoot before bloom resets fully, full accuracy fire rate is still the same. That's useful for bigger targets and closer ranges. For long range, trigger discipline is all you need.
Oh, I see! Very useful!