MattScott

Apologies for issues today

I don't understand how it can be so hard to just not be a shit bag.  What are they even getting out of this?  "Duhurhur i maek dem serverz lagee"

Like, I don't think anyone here has even had time to have a grudge against LO.  I can understand holding one against G1, I mean everyone hated them, but LO has only been here for like 3 or 4 months.  How did they fuck you hard enough to want to do this in that time span? Probably just some sad kid who didn't get his account back.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

4 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I don't understand how it can be so hard to just not be a shit bag.  What are they even getting out of this?  "Duhurhur i maek dem serverz lagee"

Like, I don't think anyone here has even had time to have a grudge against LO.  I can understand holding one against G1, I mean everyone hated them, but LO has only been here for like 3 or 4 months.  How did they fuck you hard enough to want to do this in that time span? Probably just some sad kid who didn't get his account back.

Is it possible that attack isnt against apb specifically, but that apb is just caught up in a wider attack?

2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I think that speculating about "who" is behind this only feeds the troll doing it, I bet the guy reading this comments must be licking his cheek every time we say anything about this, but at the end the DDoS attacks are harming the community more than anything, so it looks like it is someone who really hates the community or a part of it. That would make sense considering how far our beloved players, particularly some of the top ones, can go with their bullying and authoritarianism towards other players.

These players, same as the DDoSers, truly act and talk as if they were the owners of the game with authority over any other player who is not on their level or part of their group, so I think it makes more sense to think the attacks are aimed to such people and not to the company. Although I always had this paranoid of thinking behind APB cheats and other attacks is someone with deep access to the game code, someone close to the developers or someone who was part of them, not even saying it is a programmer, it obviously is someone with a lot of free time and unable to do anything productive with his life.

But I'm more leaned to think is just a banned group of players, I think of a group of scammers or account thieves, these are the worst kind, with a criminal mindset and a computer to remain anonymous, wouldn't surprise me the same people involved in shady real money trades (not the ones helping their friends trading purchases for ingame stuff), scams and account stealing and keylogger sniping are the ones with easier access to resources to just click and pay for DDoS attacks.

And yes, I keep doing the TLDR thing...   *shrugs*

On 7/15/2018 at 12:03 AM, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:
FBI: *WE'RE OUTSIDE THE VIRGINS HOUSE*
Virgins: WE HAVE DDOSED APB
FBI: FBI OPEN UP
VIRGINS: SHIT THE JIG IS UP RUN!
*Gets caught*
*You're under arrest for ddosing. Anything can and will be used in the court of the law.*

The ddoss wont jump from apb to my pc right?

Is there a permanent solution to this? With so many dev replies and threads its gonna take a bit for me to find the thread. I think Matt posted

I appreciate you coming forward and talking about the issue instead of staying silent.
Bottom line I'd wager you'll get more people on your side if you talk about the issues. Maybe even some of the individuals behind those attacks.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:05 AM, Ramihyn said:
Yes, its totally free and big fun and clever and there are no consequences ever https://www.google.com/search?q=youth+police+arrest+ddos

ps: this posting may contain irony or sarkasm
www.darn-ifuckedupmylifeanddidntrealisethatishouldhavegrownupinstead.org
Sir are you mentally handicapped? He asked about cost so I said no cost. It's free.

The ddos a few days was frustrating for me as I finally had some time to myself while my kids went out with my wife.

Jumped on APB and got kicked within minutes 😞

Not played since 😞 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, itsmeJosh said:

The ddos a few days was frustrating for me as I finally had some time to myself while my kids went out with my wife.

Jumped on APB and got kicked within minutes 😞

Not played since 😞 

I uninstalled because of the mess, then I too. went out with your kids and wife.

Please opt to continue giving us information.  I really don't want the silent treatment again :<

I'm tired of miscreants ruining it for the rest of us too.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:50 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This is just a brief post to acknowledge and apologize for the horrible networks issues today. Our servers were hit with a series of nonstop DDOS attacks across both regions for about 5 hours between 11am and 4pm PDT. This is by far the worst series of collective attacks we’ve seen. We switched to mitigation and tripped another network issue with our provider that made the issue worse.

We will do better in the future.

Sorry,
Matt

I wish you all the best. Hope you haven't taken on something too much.

9 hours ago, wibsey said:
I uninstalled because of the mess, then I too. went out with your kids and wife.

lol sick burn