MattScott

Apologies for issues today

40 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We tested network code last week, and it still needs some work, so it wont be ready for Tuesday.
Believe me, we are pushing as hard as we can.

BTW - in publicly acknowledging and apologizing for the DDOS attacks (over Twitter, Facebook, and this forum), we got two more attacks within minutes.
I often debate exactly how much information to share with the community due to this exact problem.
LO has not interest in hiding anything, but every time we give information out, it also goes directly to the people initiating these attacks.
Fortunately we're on mitigation right now, and those attackers wasted their efforts. They can't make it any worse.

Rest assured, we're not giving up.
Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

I think being open and honest about the game's issues and progression, even when it goes slow, is the reason the community is a lot more positive and hopeful these days.
Maybe you could share the usual information but not so much regarding the servers and DDOS, give the least necessary information regarding that?

As @Birmingham said, we got your back.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This is just a brief post to acknowledge and apologize for the horrible networks issues today. Our servers were hit with a series of nonstop DDOS attacks across both regions for about 5 hours between 11am and 4pm PDT. This is by far the worst series of collective attacks we’ve seen. We switched to mitigation and tripped another network issue with our provider that made the issue worse.

We will do better in the future.

Sorry,
Matt

Hi  MattScott

please tell me which server you worrying about DOS attacks Jericho ?

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We tested network code last week, and it still needs some work, so it wont be ready for Tuesday.
Believe me, we are pushing as hard as we can.

BTW - in publicly acknowledging and apologizing for the DDOS attacks (over Twitter, Facebook, and this forum), we got two more attacks within minutes.
I often debate exactly how much information to share with the community due to this exact problem.
LO has not interest in hiding anything, but every time we give information out, it also goes directly to the people initiating these attacks.
Fortunately we're on mitigation right now, and those attackers wasted their efforts. They can't make it any worse.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt
Show them your willpower Matt.

3 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Really wondering how much it must be costing these people to DDoS. Mind blowing how far some people will go, honestly.

Thank you for the update.

Nothing. Not even a dime. Its called a botnet.

I just love those IT illiterate people with dozens of viruses on their systems. AFAIK botnets use army of infected computers for ddos attacks so if you know someone who don't know how to keep his PC clean please take a hammer and fix his computer.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
4 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Really wondering how much it must be costing these people to DDoS. Mind blowing how far some people will go, honestly.

Thank you for the update.

Nothing. Not even a dime. Its called a botnet.
Yes, its totally free and big fun and clever and there are no consequences ever https://www.google.com/search?q=youth+police+arrest+ddos

ps: this posting may contain irony or sarkasm
www.darn-ifuckedupmylifeanddidntrealisethatishouldhavegrownupinstead.org
  • Like 1

when in DDOS, play skribbl.io.

Should this thread maybe but under announcements so the community has more visibility on our lovely CEO's actions?

;)

there is ppls in this community that do not appreciate the actions of L.O and Matt himself , instead they releasing their toxic and salt.
We have to wait , nothing happens in split of a sec ...
@MattScott  , I`m very happy u picked up the glove and u trying to make everyone happy , Thank you!

Edited by MarvellouS

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

This is just a brief post to acknowledge and apologize for the horrible networks issues today. Our servers were hit with a series of nonstop DDOS attacks across both regions for about 5 hours between 11am and 4pm PDT. This is by far the worst series of collective attacks we’ve seen. We switched to mitigation and tripped another network issue with our provider that made the issue worse.

We will do better in the future.

Sorry,
Matt

Are you guys taking legal action yet ? it has to get a disgruntled employee or butthurt kid.

41 minutes ago, wibsey said:

when in DDOS, play skribbl.io.

was a good skribbl.io session last night (with the people from the discord channel). Elon Musk even turned up for a game.

What Im wondering is, what will APB be like when there is no DDoS? And no stuttering and no packet loss or any of these things? Will we be able to handle it? Will we be able to handle playing the perfect APB?

Just now, Seedy said:
was a good skribbl.io session last night (with the people from the discord channel). Elon Musk even turned up for a game.

What Im wondering is, what will APB be like when there is no DDoS? And no stuttering and no packet loss or any of these things? Will we be able to handle it? Will we be able to handle playing the perfect APB?
I uninstalled out fear, from the thought of this. with professional help, I may recover and launch steam again. 

Just now, wibsey said:
3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

I uninstalled out fear, from the thought of this. with professional help, I may recover and launch steam again. 
fwa ha!
I have never seen APB without that little stutter.. Doesn't bother be tbh.

In terms of what to share or not about the DDOS stuff, it's great that you're open about it but I think the majority would be totally OK with if you cut back on that, seeing the consequences.
Nice to see you guys are working hard on it.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt
❤️

What Matt is saying is very smart, every time someone mentions anything related to their activity they gather info and imo they also gain attention which is in some way their final goal, even if someone could say they don't do this for attention and they are doing it just because they are evil, these are still in a deep need of attention too. How could anyone be so poisoned to become so persistent and dedicated to damage others? dang!

Edit: Could anyone link me where the announce of a patch on Tuesday is please? I skipped that and I have no clue what's going on on Tuesday :s
  Edited by Salvick

playing from Belgium, the game is so unplayable, and not stutter, litteraly driving circles from 2 sec dc lag and so on, never ever seen this anywhere, my gtaV plays smooth as butter on max settings, this is beond me. What a waste of time. Wasn't ever this bad even with G1.

1 minute ago, Techdev said:

playing from Belgium, the game is so unplayable, and not stutter, litteraly driving circles from 2 sec dc lag and so on, never ever seen this anywhere, my gtaV plays smooth as butter on max settings, this is beond me. What a waste of time. Wasn't ever this bad even with G1.

give them time, it shall be fixed sooner or later

If LO ever decides to call the cops or any specialized company (if there is) to trace who the hell has been ddosing the servers, i wouldn't be surprised if the attacker was ray the weeb.

People who are doing it seem to hate APB to its guts.

9 minutes ago, Poperon said:

If LO ever decides to call the cops or any specialized company (if there is) to trace who the hell has been ddosing the servers, i wouldn't be surprised if the attacker was ray the weeb.

People who are doing it seem to hate APB to its guts.

I think that FBI was on it since 2014 and they didn't find much

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

In the end it really boils down to this:
  • be honest and pay the price that comes with it
  • say nothing or claim that everything is "status quo" and pay the price that comes with it
I think it's (unfortunately) a lose/lose situation untill you've found a solution that works better than what's been tried so far. Edited by Chinook
  • Like 3

Suggestion: I think its time to give those Japanese, Koreans and other Asian xbox gamers playing this game to have their own server in xbox one version like we have in PC version rather than they lagging both NA and EU regions

Edited by AngelsCircle