Antemalagon

Traffic Light positions

I know it's a small thing lol but it'd be great if the traffic lights got moved to the correct side 🙂

I see nothing wrong with the current traffic lights 🤨

• Like 1

not this meme again

• Like 1

They don't work in Financial anyway, right now.

• Like 1

Nah, traffic lights should stay the same. It's a quirk.

Not everyone realizes that the traffic lights are backwards.

• Like 2

1.jpg

If you look at the image, the traffic light at the intersection is on the side of the street it governs. This games is supposed to take place in the U.S.A... so .... it should use U.S. styled intersections. i.e.

duGkL.jpg

Notice how the traffic lights are on the opposite side of the intersection.

k.jpg

Edited by Sergsininia
added photos
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

1.jpg

If you look at the image, the traffic light at the intersection is on the side of the street it governs. This games is supposed to take place in the U.S.A... so .... it should use U.S. styled intersections. i.e.

duGkL.jpg

Notice how the traffic lights are on the opposite side of the intersection.

k.jpg

they aren’t always like that tho, i’ve got several traffic lights in my town that are like they are in apb

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

they aren’t always like that tho, i’ve got several traffic lights in my town hat are like they are in apb

You might want to sue your community for breaking people's necks when they're at stop lights.

Just now, Obvious Lesbian said:

You might want to sue your community for breaking people's necks when they're at stop lights.

i tried but they banned me from the town hall meetings

• Like 1

no time for role players  

3 minutes ago, wibsey said:

no time for role players  

oh noehs you didn't ^^

No, it is America that has weirdly placed traffic lights.

bwQKW1r.png

Also, the game studio was located in the UK, at least be happy that the they designed the traffic on the right side of the road.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

they aren’t always like that tho, i’ve got several traffic lights in my town that are like they are in apb

And how do you even see them if you're the first car to stop at the red light? They're directly above you, you wouldn't be able to see them as shown in APB.

1 hour ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

And how do you even see them if you're the first car to stop at the red light? They're directly above you, you wouldn't be able to see them as shown in APB.

In germany, traffic lights are where you stop your car, literally in front of you.

No neck-breaking required because there's lights at the very top for the third and more vehicles, and one on the side for the first two cars. You need to move your head at times because your A pillars or the rear view mirror block the line of sight.

Sometimes there's also an additional, single light on the left side of the road.

I do prefer the american way of traffic lights though, where it's on the opposite side of the intersection.

Edited by GhosT

3 hours ago, Usas said:

No, it is America that has weirdly placed traffic lights.

bwQKW1r.png

Also, the game studio was located in the UK, at least be happy that the they designed the traffic on the right side of the road.

Look at the solid white line on that road and the distance to the stop light.

Then look in game at the white line of the roads and their stop light positions.

17 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Look at the solid white line on that road and the distance to the stop light.

Then look in game at the white line of the roads and their stop light positions.

tumblr_inline_mr7mc5hPAC1qz4rgp.png

To be fair in most Europe traffic lights are just as they are in game. And as previously said, the dev team was from UK, so the game has been made with the European look in mind. I think they are placed correctly, no need to change them.

Edited by Nessie

Europian traffic lights are superior. Because they are before the intersection you have to stop a bit further away from the intersection, thus you're safer. Especially considering the vast majority of vehicle drivers are absolute garbage in traffic.

Edited by Haganu

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

... APB has traffic lights?

They're made of paper mache.

I'm genuinely confused why this seems like a confusing topic; they are European style (on same side) but lacking the light down lower; thus making it illogical since the first two cars could not possible look up and see what color the light is. So they have two options to make it logical; add the lil one down low to make it properly European or move them across the intersection like an American intersection.

Edited by Archon

Maybe add more traffic signs and then partner with the DMV so we can teach people how to properly drive and park. 😮

25 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

Maybe add more traffic signs and then partner with the DMV so we can teach people how to properly drive and park. 😮

I'll have you know I drive quite properly while running over civilians and random street signs.