LulaDoodle

Apb custom crosshair argument

2 minutes ago, YooD said:

Advanced Launcher another big problem of the game .

AL not only lets more people play the game, but also gives no advantage whatsoever. 
  • Like 2

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Just now, YooD said:

AL not only lets more people play the game, but also gives no advantage whatsoever. 
that's not true.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
28 minutes ago, YooD said:

Then why use it?
Same argument against custom crosshairs.
Both are fine. Only people that bltch about either are bltches that want to bltch about everything.

There are blatant cheaters streaming and making videos that are not getting banned by LO so why would anyone care about a damn dot.

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:
Then why use it?
Same argument against custom crosshairs.
Both are fine. Only people that bltch about either are bltches that want to bltch about everything.

There are blatant cheaters streaming and making videos that are not getting banned by LO so why would anyone care about a damn dot.
Advanced Launcher use also on strong computers .this evil .

with the return of macros and shaders, we leave in 2014

I use Advanced Launcher to increase every setting so my game can look the best it possibly can because I'm a man of aesthetics. (Put slider on Ultra, and the customize to increase everything else.)
Since the days of RTW I have always had a rather beefy computer and played APB at "Max" settings. I'm just like most modern gamers who want the game to look the very best. I've been playing video games for almost 3 decades now (first video game I played was 27 years ago) and I'm not going back to playing them with "Low" settings.

I still play at ~100 FPS with my setting choices and rarely experience any stuttering with the game (which, when I do, is easily fixed by restarting the game; it is also not a problem with APB alone but a problem with GPU drivers and certain games.)

There was a time that I used a crosshair shader when I felt I needed learning assistance when I first started running with shotguns a lot back around 2012-2013, and my recorded videos from that time show the crosshair in full view.
I do not need one now because I've learned how to keep my aim mostly on point through practice and muscle memory (except for my random hand muscle spasms that cause me to fling my mouse a few inches off target, but that's a medical thing).

Edited by Neonis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

If Matt said that, then I can't argue anymore about the crosshair. :classic_mellow:

I can only hope that Advanced Launcher will go away when UE3.5 lands. 

I hope it brings all the advance launcher options to the game.
Also, all the advanced launcher does is ini edits... Crosshairs are shader edits.. two different things. Edited by BlakeEclipse

I wish that she would allow it, I find the feeling when shoting simply beautiful with a point in the middle
and if it has no advantages anyway, why not.
("The crosshair is then like in Fortnite")

Edited by TackoGirl

1 minute ago, TackoGirl said:

I wish that she would allow it, I find the feeling when shoting simply beautiful with a point in the middle

She?

1 hour ago, TackoGirl said:

I do believe that Matt's response was that they are looking into ways to add crosshair options built-in to the game. They just don't like people using 3rd-party or edits because it should not be needed and is just bad game design to not have that option for your players.

I could be wrong, but I have a memory of something like this being said. Edited by Neonis

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
🤔
LO was doing Monster High school dress up games....

2 minutes ago, Neonis said:

I do believe that Matt's response was that they are looking into ways to add crosshair options built-in to the game. They just don't like people using 3rd-party edits because it should not be needed and is just bad game design to not have that option for your players.

I could be wrong, but I have a memory of something like this being said.
it will only be problems with the ursus, becouse of this special Crosshair.

The main difference that I see using a custom crosshair, is that the player no longer has to deal with "Standard recoil Bloom"
of the APB vanilla bloom that occurs when firing.

So with a custom crosshair, the player's crosshair can stay centered on target with no bloom effect.

Is that not considered an advantage ?

2 minutes ago, Westford said:

The main difference that I see using a custom crosshair, is that the player no longer has to deal with "Standard recoil Bloom"
of the APB vanilla bloom that occurs when firing.

So with a custom crosshair, the player's crosshair can stay centered on target with no bloom effect.

Is that not considered an advantage ?

Persistent center dots are also an advantage.
Still doesnt change the fact that there is nothing LO can do about it.

they should first fix the buggy crosshair first. the bullets go above the crosshair, and indicates nothing of the weapons accuracy!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neonis said:

I do believe that Matt's response was that they are looking into ways to add crosshair options built-in to the game. They just don't like people using 3rd-party edits because it should not be needed and is just bad game design to not have that option for your players.

I could be wrong, but I have a memory of something like this being said..

3rd party can trigger battleEye and ban players randomly. That's why the maker of advanced launcher gave his code out to them so they could approve it. Edited by BlakeEclipse
screw phone keyboards

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Persistent center dots are also an advantage.
Still doesnt change the fact that there is nothing LO can do about it.

The "Persistent center dots are also an advantage." was my point.

Also, there are some weapons (I think the OCA is one of them), that do not provide a tight crosshair reticle, but a bit expanded reticle.
Where as a custom crosshair circumvents that particular ingame mechanic.

"Still doesnt change the fact that there is nothing LO can do about it."
The OP's initial post was pointing out that custom crosshairs do not provide an advantage,
which I am not sure is an accurate statement.

As far as LO's ability to stop people from using them, might be a different discussion.

• Like 1

99 % of the players trying to gain an advantage in any way .if you want new shaders they must be made by developers and available to everyone.

Edited by YooD

20 minutes ago, BlakeEclipse said:

3rd party can trigger battleEye and ban players randomly. That's why the maker of advanced launcher gave his code out to them so they could approve it.
USPStyle gave them the source code because LO did not know if BE would detect the advanced launcher program as harmful. This was just a precaution since most players use the advanced launcher to edit their config and start the game, and they did not want BE to give false-positives for it.

What the advanced launcher does, though, is just make .ini edits easier with a GUI.
You do not need the advanced launcher to change the config files, and as far as we have seen, BE does not detect harm with certain changes to user-editable config files. I could be wrong, so correct me with proof if I am.
There are other config files that you can change for aesthetic purposes that are not included as part of the advanced launcher, and these do not trigger BE (as of right now at least).

To make it easier to understand, you can do the same thing that the advanced launcher's main purpose is with Notepad, Word, etc. and it is not adding any additional files to the game.

Crosshair shaders add additional files to the game which are not normally a part of base APB. This is technically considered illegal game modification, since APB was not built with modding in mind. Edited by Neonis

Just dont use direct game files jeez... we dont want LO to go like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8YywSPlzQc

regardless of whether it gives you an advantage or not, a permanent crosshair is clearly not something that was intended and until that changes ingame you're technically still breaking the rules

ive never been killed and thought to myself "if only he didnt have that custom crosshair!!!!11",  and i personally dont give a shit what anyone else does, so go wild if u want to