LulaDoodle

Apb custom crosshair argument

I wanted to try and settle this argument once and for all.

Preface: 
I don't use the crosshair cause I don't want to get banned this is just meant as one time thing as a demonstration to prove that it should be allowed and that it doesn't offer an advantage.

Main point: Custom crosshairs are a thing in pretty much every shooter game ever. I think it's really silly that the custom crosshair shader by dreamz is a bannable thing because it litterally alters nothing in the game outside of adding a crosshair. I think that I would prefer an in game custom crosshair settings thing cause honestly the dreamz crosshairs kinda look like shit from what I saw so they're not really a great option compared to other actually decent custom crosshair options in other games like for instance csgo, overwatch, tf2, etc. But until they actually impliment custom crosshairs in game I think people should be allowed to use these. Again I don't use it cause I don't want to get banned, but I feel like that's something I shouldn't have to worry about. I don't think a custom crosshair offers any advanatage and I don't think this crosshair mod should have been made a bannable offense and I think that decision should be over turned unless you plan on releasing custom crosshairs in the near future. Here is video demonstrating it I didn't edit it at all which makes it kind of a shitty video but I figured people would probably call hacks or something if I made cuts or anything like that. So I hope this goes in a positive direction and I hope we can all come to a logical conclusion about this.

Edited by LulaDoodle
  • Like 4

@14:03 is demonstration number 1 using the crosshair

@25:07 is demonstration number 2 not using the crosshair

Hope that helps and sorry for the unedited video.

and as you can see there is no advantage provided by the crosshair.

Interesting post & video and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
However, as it happens with the Advanced Launcher, so does with the custom crosshair: I am against using third-party tools/changes until the developers implement them in the game.
So, until the devs decide to put a permanent cross-hair option, it's just an idea to be discussed and nothing more.

• Like 1

Ideas and discussion are how we move forward so Imo it's important to talk about and come to a conclusion about the efficacy of things instead of saying "the devs haven't done it yet so I'm against it" what you have to understand is that the developers have limited time and resources and they can't implement every good idea in as rapidly as they might want to so just acting like how the game is in it's current state is law is something that can halt progress. The devs even said the advanced launcher is allowed because they know it can help with preformance and stuff which helps people to be able to play the game in a more stable state while the devs work hard on making the game more stable it's a win-win for the devs cause they don't have to worry about people complaining about the stability of the game as much which lets them focus more on actually developing the game.

Atm i think the only thing cool that can happen with crosshairs is if u can change the colors

I think the shape is important too tbh. I prefer dot or cross crosshairs in most of my games but some people like circles and t's and all kinds of stuff so it'd be cool to have.

• Like 1

little bit of tape right in the middle of the screen there.. its not against any TOS or anything!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seedy said:

little bit of tape right in the middle of the screen there.. its not against any TOS or anything!

I paid 200$ for my monitor I'm not putting tape on it.

Just now, LulaDoodle said:
3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

I paid 200$ for my monitor I'm not putting tape on it.
why would you buy such a cheapo monitor to play APB? You need a decent rig to play this game bud 😛 

You're saying that the crosshair is no advantage, but if that's true - why do you need it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Camouflage said:

You're saying that the crosshair is no advantage, but if that's true - why do you need it?

comfort that's what  I said in the video. It's a comfort thing. Again if you look at the video you can see my aim is exactly the same with or without the crosshair, it's litterally just a comfort thing. It's the same reason in csgo where some people have big crosshairs and others have small ones it just depends on what they like. That's all it's ever been about is comfort.

I am sorry, didn't want to offend you Lula, but I am sharing my thoughts too like you do (maybe not as elegantly).

I don't want to derail your thread, but as you've discussed Advanced Launcher (I only mentioned it as an example), the people that are using it, are telling that it helps them aim better.
Placebo or not, I don't know, but the problem I have with it is that the huge percentage of players don't know about it, or refuse to use it (including me) because they don't want to turn the game into Minecraft: Reloaded. 

Unlike the crosshairs, we talk about something it's not an idea, but a reality and accepted by LO. I don't agree with that decision, but as it won't be permanent, I learned to live with that.
I don't see why custom crosshairs and custom shader settings are so different things.
Also, what are your thoughts about the custom crosshairs some guns do?

yo kurt cobain says we need crosshair changers, i support this because he came back from the dead to talk about it. good for him tbh

We will be getting custom crosshairs, Matt has said as much. 
Can we now cease the endless posting of crosshair threads?

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I was just saying that until they are actually implemented then the crosshair mod should be allowed that was all.
6 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

yo kurt cobain says we need crosshair changers, i support this because he came back from the dead to talk about it. good for him tbh

I don't look like kurt cobain lol.
9 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

I am sorry, didn't want to offend you Lula, but I am sharing my thoughts too like you do (maybe not as elegantly).

I don't want to derail your thread, but as you've discussed Advanced Launcher (I only mentioned it as an example), the people that are using it, are telling that it helps them aim better.
Placebo or not, I don't know, but the problem I have with it is that the huge percentage of players don't know about it, or refuse to use it (including me) because they don't want to turn the game into Minecraft: Reloaded. 

Unlike the crosshairs, we talk about something it's not an idea, but a reality and accepted by LO. I don't agree with that decision, but as it won't be permanent, I learned to live with that.
I don't see why custom crosshairs and custom shader settings are so different things.
Also, what are your thoughts about the custom crosshairs some guns do?

I would say the reason people say they can aim better with the advanced launcher is probably just cause the game runs smoother or something I'd say it's definitely a placebo.
  • Like 1

Just now, LulaDoodle said:
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I was just saying that until they are actually implemented then the crosshair mod should be allowed that was all.
Well I have some good news!
In discord someone mentioned Matt saying "Ive always used a crosshair overlay and I will continue to do so until you add custom ones in game" 
Matts response was "we hope to add them soon". 

So go nuts!

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
In discord someone mentioned Matt saying "Ive always used a crosshair overlay and I will continue to do so until you add custom ones in game" 

So go nuts!
Awesome thank you. I probably won't use the dreams crosshair thing cause I personally think it looks like shit but well at least now it's confirmed that people can use it if they want.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So go nuts!
btw where is that discord and can I join it?

Shaders-they seem harmless only at first glance . there is an advantage . they were officially banned . if they are in the game they must be made by developers and available to everyone .  by setting your shaders you are 1. get advantage 2. fix game files . this is unacceptable

Edited by YooD

If Matt said that, then I can't argue anymore about the crosshair. :classic_mellow:

I can only hope that Advanced Launcher will go away when UE3.5 lands. 

• Like 1

Advanced Launcher another big problem of the game .

• Like 2