xnyuu

Nvidia user performance settings & System tricks & APB Tips

Nvidia user performance settings & System tricks

Less spech, let's start 🙂

• Step 0 • Windows

Right click on your desktop and click personalize, then select and apply the windows classic theme like this:

PkgJD.png

• Step 1 • Nvidia Control Panel

Click START next CONTROL PANEL next HARDWARE AND SOUND next Nvidia Control Panel then click on 3D Settings like this:

as13s.png

Click ADJUST IMAGE SETTINGS WITH REVIEW and then select USE MY PREFERENCE EMPHASIZIG and spin the bar to left on PERFORMANCE when done click APPLY

• Step 2 • Nvidia 3D Settings

Click on MANAGE 3D SETTINGS and copy the exact content of the screenshots(2) below, and click APPLY when done

FfIiP.png

• Step 3 • Nvidia Physx

Click on SET PHYSX CONFIGURATION and select your GRAPHIC CARD when done click APPLY like this screenshot:

UUh9Y.png

• Step 4 • Windows Performance trick

Click on ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS screenshot below:

Q5Tsv.png

Click on ADVANCED and click on SETTINGS ... screenshot below:

DGdJB.png

Now click on ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE and APPLY, for close the windows just press OK screenshot below:

od22Q.png

• Step 5 • APB:R Vanilla configuration

Go in APB:R Options, turn the graphic in minimal, and leave the tick from smooth frame rate and vsync, then go in the tab advanced and leave the two tick and apply

// Updates for advanced users (recommended):

You can disable / enable HPET for the best performance, you can search for this on google and read carefully !

Disable all the power saving option in the bios and windows

Disable in-built audio system from motherboard, these usually uses windows high-definition / realtek drivers and causes alot of troubles like audio stuttering, better using a cheap external sound card at this point

Disable contents indexing of the hard drive where windows is located

Re-locate the page-filing trough another hard-disk, out from the hard-disk where your APB is placed

Re-locate the Asset-cache folder (the one inside APB folder), you have to link that in another hard-disk there should be a Karyl tutorial

// Updates for everyone that uses nvidia:

Texture filtering trilinear optimization should be ON (screenshot mistake) thanks Dive for let me notice that

A lot of thanks to 'Steamcloud' for posting this. I think this thread helped a bunch of people getting into the basics of tweaking mechanics.

xxx

Edited by xNyuu

props for the thread, but the game is just outdated. im on a gtx 1080 and my fps dropping all over the place.

i tried everything in the past just to find out it doesnt help.

Now UE 3.5 upgrade was at 90% at the stream. i would suggest just waiting a little longer and the performance should increase,

but by what percent i dont know.

cheers

Edited by CrimeCleaner

On 6/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, CrimeCleaner said:

props for the thread, but the game is just outdated. im on a gtx 1080 and my fps dropping all over the place.

i tried everything in the past just to find out it doesnt help.

Now UE 3.5 upgrade was at 90% at the stream. i would suggest just waiting a little longer and the performance should increase,

but by what percent i dont know.

cheers

APB Reloaded performance is based on CPU and not on the GPU, the client is also poorly optimised. 

What CPU do you have?

I personally can play APB Reloaded on my 1080 SC at constant 90+ fps only because I have a quite decent CPU, I7 Skylake 4.5Ghz.

I used to play on a GTX 750 TI SC and on a Phenom X4 II 3.5 Ghz Black Edition, and it wasn't enough to even play, with constant 30 to 60 fps, it was a nightmare and it was only till I upgraded my PC that I managed to enjoy the game. 

Edited by PGAW67

1 hour ago, PGAW67 said:

APB Reloaded performance is based on CPU and not on the GPU, the client is also poorly optimised. 

What CPU do you have? 

I personally can play APB Reloaded on my 1080 SC at constant 90+ fps only because I have a quite decent CPU, I7 Skylake 4.5Ghz. 

I used to play on a GTX 750 TI SC and on a Phenom X4 II 3.5 Ghz Black Edition, and it wasn't enough to even play, with constant 30 to 60 fps, it was a nightmare and it was only till I upgraded my PC that I managed to enjoy the game. 

You're right, right before I upgraded my CPU I had an I3, then upgraded to to I5 5600, the same specs only thing changed is the CPU, and now I am rocking FPS in between 60-120 sometimes more.

4 hours ago, PGAW67 said:

What CPU do you have? 

Hello PGA,

im running on at stock Xeon 1230v3 basicly a i7 4770. I didnt mention it, because this is GPU related topic.

I also got a Phenom II x4 and can confirm 35 - 45 fps on Waterfront. Damn cpu based games

GPU is not that important currently in APB... minimum FPS depends on CPU .. you can have monster GPU but if you have some old low profile i5/i3 dont expect stable 60frames never...