Spudinskes

Any Plans To Combat Intentional Griefing?

While griefing on one side is hideous, it's also pretty hilarious on the other spectrum.

But we all agree as hilarious it could be, it must be stopped/avoided.

23 minutes ago, Fennel said:
51 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Do we really want this? I don't think that griefing happens that often and on such big scale to justify such drastic step. It would kill the open world immersion and would be just another thing after 4x4 roof stunts and shaders that was taken away because of some bad apples.
make those bad apples transparent during missions, problem solved everything else works as usual. As for immsersion, I dont understand it from a gameplay standpoint, youre going to be ignoring most of everything and just be doing your objective, its best that the experience for that isnt ruined by some a-hole that isnt involved in your mission while you remain defenseless about it.
how many times per week do you get griefed and it makes you lose?

23 minutes ago, Fennel said:
51 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Do we really want this? I don't think that griefing happens that often and on such big scale to justify such drastic step. It would kill the open world immersion and would be just another thing after 4x4 roof stunts and shaders that was taken away because of some bad apples.
make those bad apples transparent during missions, problem solved everything else works as usual. As for immsersion, I dont understand it from a gameplay standpoint, youre going to be ignoring most of everything and just be doing your objective, its best that the experience for that isnt ruined by some a-hole that isnt involved in your mission while you remain defenseless about it.
But this is APB for me. Random crash on the way to objective, random road blockade. While annoying this is the hidden beauty just like funny bugs that happen once in a blue moon but give good giggles. Without it APB will get closer to arena shooters which I hate.

Getting from point A to B, standard route, perfect and already known ETA while driving thru city that is in chaos. Meh that would be boring and bland. APB is fun because of it's randomness and chance of getting rekt on the way to C was always part of it. Edited by Clandestine

4 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
  But this is APB for me. Random crash on the way to objective, random road blockade. While annoying this is the hidden beauty just like funny bugs that happen once in a blue moon but give good giggles. Without it APB will get closer to arena shooters which I hate.

Getting from point A to B, standard route, perfect and already known ETA while driving thru city that is in chaos. Meh that would be boring and bland. APB is fun because of it's randomness and chance of getting rekt on the way to C was always part of it.

I've been griefed this way so many times back on 2011. At first i used to get mad, but then i burst into giggles right after.

Also did it quite a few times back on 2011, and gotta admit it's hilarious to see someone standing behind/next to a car, and not have any evil thoughts seeing it.

That's GTA vibes. This game was somehow based off it, so this kind of thing was normal.

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:
the only time i find griefing funny is when im out of mission, i never do it myself because im usually playing the game the way its mean to be played, free roam works the way it works because it was also meant to fool around in, but not when im in a mission, the amount of times i get griefed in missions is irrelevant, i believe there's no place for it in missions thus why it shouldn't be doable against players in missions. Not sure what is also classified as a arena shooter since the type of shooters i played are rather limited.

Also i dont understand the argument of "immersion" I play an enforcer, my duty is to kill or arrests criminals. Most enforcers probably killed more civillians than criminals through running them over, shooting them, getting caught in a crossfire, or maybe from vehicular explosions or nades or rockets, I also happen to see super models wearing high heels and surfing muscle cars at high speeds while being able to properly aim a rocket at such motions. What is there to feel immersed about? this game is fun but its also a clusterfock that i cant feel immersed in it over it.

1 hour ago, Fennel said:
the only time i find griefing funny is when im out of mission, i never do it myself because im usually playing the game the way its mean to be played, free roam works the way it works because it was also meant to fool around in, but not when im in a mission, the amount of times i get griefed in missions is irrelevant, i believe there's no place for it in missions thus why it shouldn't be doable against players in missions. Not sure what is also classified as a arena shooter since the type of shooters i played are rather limited.

Also i dont understand the argument of "immersion" I play an enforcer, my duty is to kill or arrests criminals. Most enforcers probably killed more civillians than criminals through running them over, shooting them, getting caught in a crossfire, or maybe from vehicular explosions or nades or rockets, I also happen to see super models wearing high heels and surfing muscle cars at high speeds while being able to properly aim a rocket at such motions. What is there to feel immersed about? this game is fun but its also a clusterfock that i cant feel immersed in it over it.
When you randomly crash into random crims that's not even griefing. That's your mistake and part of APB

43 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
2 hours ago, Fennel said:

When you randomly crash into random crims that's not even griefing. That's your mistake and part of APB
ok? what point does that address? Edited by Fennel