Spudinskes

Any Plans To Combat Intentional Griefing?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

From the new Code of Conduct:

"Play fair. Follow the rules and don’t cheat, grief, hack, dethreat, or exploit bugs."

GG EZ

Yeah you would think that but then you have staff saying otherwise.

41 minutes ago, SelttikS said:
Yeah you would think that but then you have staff saying otherwise.
I would assume there is a line between certain types of griefing and what is, or is not, allowed. Until we get an official statement though, I would take it on as per-case basis and probably a decision from individual GMs to give a warning or not. Edited by Neonis

8 hours ago, illgot said:
part of the fun in APB is the randomness of just driving around or having a shoot out.  There are many times on both sides where a random car hits a bunch of runners holding the objective off the road.  Or when you are lining up a shot and a vehicle nudges you and the person gets away.

Random crap that happens keeps the game enjoyable.  If everything was predictable and you didn't have to stay attentive from outside influences it would be rather boring.
as much as i feel the same way a lot other people dont; this suggestion comes up a lot

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just follow the CoC and yer gucci.
gg ez

18 minutes ago, Neonis said:
I would assume there is a line between certain types of griefing and what is, or is not, allowed. Until we get an official statement though, I would take it on as per-case basis and probably a decision from individual GMs to give a warning or not.

People will always be upset when one follows the rules but others do not, worse so when no action is taken by the authorities. Can not give details but things that are very against coc, blatant interfering with missions with proof being one.

doublepost error

Edited by vsonyp0wer-xyz

Gud mission yes 100% completeable
3mibbgS.jpg

Putting neutral players into "passive mode" would ruin the atmosphere in the game for me. I don't grief and have no problem getting griefed, it's just part of the game.

plus how can I use oncoming cars as a ramp for my 4x4.

6 hours ago, Mitne said:
Yeah but when we talk streamers it's whole different story. Look at Summ1t stream. For me it just should make other apparent and give player status "IN MISSION".
It should be just opposition and your team, not anyone other from district against you.
And for god sake, don't make them transparent for this outside missions. It's so idiotic. People do races, have fun around sandbox...
Why should we change how the game works because of streamers?

And any streamer that plays a competitive game live and expect no one to stream snipe them isn't playing smart.

oi if i want to drive around a dump truck and meme, u cant stop me. go play the quiet district if you care so much bruh

200w.webp

AINT EASY TO WIN BRO
#DJKHALED
#BANWEEBS&FURRIES
#GRIEFERSAREN'TTHEPROBLEM

We all know what the problem is....

#banFr3e

I'm a bit late to the party and have not read anything outside of the OP.

My friend Mynd suggested that any out-of-mission object (vehicle, shield, ammo box, etc...) should be 'ghosted' (players doing the mission can walk through it) if said object/vehicle is within x meters of an objective.

I think that's a pretty solid solution to be honest and it's why I've put it on my list (see signature).

If they simply had in-game GMs... and they could go and see what was happening by watching chat for example... and if they saw misbehaving weebos... they could push their "snitch to the higher powers" button... and
giphy.gif

Wait a minute, not that gif... this one...
giphy.gif

Roast those baddies..

I have a suggestion for this

Anyone not in a mission that would be ops  is red

period...... kill them all

What makes you think they care about griefing, when they already have publicly stated they aren't going to take action against obvious dethreating?

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

What makes you think they care about griefing, when they already have publicly stated they aren't going to take action against obvious dethreating?

but they have stated they intend to deal with dethreating

Just now, BXNNXD said:
Just now, Hexerin said:

but they have stated they intend to deal with dethreating
Yes they did say they would

On 7/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, Fennel said:

make cars transparent... it will stop so much suffering.

yes downvote me over a harmless suggestion, give in into your hate.

Please don't. This isn't a good idea.

Even if they made vehicles outside of missions ghosted, if I really wanted, I'd still find a way to grief you
And really, how much does griefing even happen? Sounds like people crying over something that rarely happens, and even if you got griefed, if that caused you to lose the mission, then you were going to lose it anyway

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Triksterism said:

My friend Mynd suggested that any out-of-mission object (vehicle, shield, ammo box, etc...) should be 'ghosted' (players doing the mission can walk through it) if said object/vehicle is within x meters of an objective.

I think that might be a decent solution for a very specific type of griefing, aslong as you make sure the radius is very limited. For the other type of griefing, I believe more active GMs and more punitive actions would help. Turning everyone outside of your mission invisible would severely alter the experience of the game, and remove a big part of what makes APB unique.

The type of griefing where several players is trying to disrupt a single player is highly unusual, and is mainly affecting bigger streamers. There could be a GM command that temporarily ghosts that specific player from outside of mission players, just to let him get out of those situations, but this should be an exception rather than the norm. I also believe that it would be good to have GM on duty for big streamers such as those, as they're directly promoting the game, and their experience with it is what's being advertised.

16 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Even if they made vehicles outside of missions ghosted, if I really wanted, I'd still find a way to grief you
And really, how much does griefing even happen? Sounds like people crying over something that rarely happens, and even if you got griefed, if that caused you to lose the mission, then you were going to lose it anyway

I agree, people sitting on your bomb plant/raid/bug with dump and armored trucks dont affect the outcome. If anything it's up to the player to play around that obstacle while also fighting the opposition. It's part of APB. Edited by Spudinskes

On 7/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, Fennel said:

make cars transparent... it will stop so much suffering.

yes downvote me over a harmless suggestion, give in into your hate.

Do we really want this? I don't think that griefing happens that often and on such big scale to justify such drastic step. It would kill the open world immersion and would be just another thing after 4x4 roof stunts and shaders that was taken away because of some bad apples.

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Do we really want this? I don't think that griefing happens that often and on such big scale to justify such drastic step. It would kill the open world immersion and would be just another thing after 4x4 roof stunts and shaders that was taken away because of some bad apples.
I agree, we don't need a sweeping change that makes people like you lose your immersion. We just need a fix for griefing so that it isn't so easily do-able. Edited by Spudinskes

25 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

make those bad apples transparent during missions, problem solved everything else works as usual. As for immsersion, I dont understand it from a gameplay standpoint, youre going to be ignoring most of everything and just be doing your objective, its best that the experience for that isnt ruined by some a-hole that isnt involved in your mission while you remain defenseless about it.