Spudinskes

Any Plans To Combat Intentional Griefing?

make cars transparent... it will stop so much suffering.

yes downvote me over a harmless suggestion, give in into your hate.

Edited by Fennel
  • Like 5

adding a "passive" toggle like in gta 5 has where everyone is still visible but untouchable would probably affect the "open world" feel the least

that and expanding the GM team i guess

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fennel said:

make cars transparent... it will stop so much suffering.

I have dreams about this.

Just add in more in-game GMS, report and ban these intentional griefers for a week, if they reroll, detect their ip... if it matches with their banned account, extend their ban time and the problem will solve itself not entirely but sufficiently (I don't see anyone going through the trouble of changing their ip's/using vpn just for the sake of griefing alone unless they're severely "special") , there's no need to make cars transparent or anything along those lines, it just makes the game feel more empty. 

Edited by MySodium
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

adding a "passive" toggle like in gta 5 has where everyone is still visible but untouchable would probably affect the "open world" feel the least

that and expanding the GM team i guess

part of the fun in APB is the randomness of just driving around or having a shoot out.  There are many times on both sides where a random car hits a bunch of runners holding the objective off the road.  Or when you are lining up a shot and a vehicle nudges you and the person gets away.

Random crap that happens keeps the game enjoyable.  If everything was predictable and you didn't have to stay attentive from outside influences it would be rather boring.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Total transparent cars for players outside missions... at least during missions. (Or I even think it would be perfect if only during missions/witnesses)

Edited by Mitne

Lol all these griefers downvoting the best way to handle it. Tbh summit looked like he was having fun anyways. 

10 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Total transparent cars for players outside missions... at least during missions. (Or I even think it would be perfect if only during missions/witnesses)

Making vehicles outside of the missions transparent would make it too easy.

1) you would immediately know which player vehicles belong to the enemy team.  It takes some forethought to aim at the vehicles around your mission point to see if the enemy has already gotten there or if those are non mission player owned vehicles then toss a grenade at the most threatening of those (vehicle spawner, ammo, radar).

2) hiding behind non mission player owned vehicles is useful even if it doesn't stop bullets.  Enemies can't see through the vehicles so you can set up an ambush or use those vehicles as cover if an opponent tries to run you over.  It is extremely useful if you know how to use it right.

I've come across very little actual griefing outside of the random few seconds of someone bumping into me or running me off the road for fun as they go to their own mission point.

1 minute 11 in.. Guy says "didnt think it was going to be this AIDS tonight".. that bigfarger needs to leave the house and try to find a girlfriend. What a stain on humanity.
Glad these muppets are getting serial griefed.

I submitted another griefer to support last night. Didnt wanna put it on forums because of name and shame, and i was lazy to edit their names out the whole video lol

2 hours ago, illgot said:
Making vehicles outside of the missions transparent would make it too easy.

1) you would immediately know which player vehicles belong to the enemy team.  It takes some forethought to aim at the vehicles around your mission point to see if the enemy has already gotten there or if those are non mission player owned vehicles then toss a grenade at the most threatening of those (vehicle spawner, ammo, radar).

2) hiding behind non mission player owned vehicles is useful even if it doesn't stop bullets.  Enemies can't see through the vehicles so you can set up an ambush or use those vehicles as cover if an opponent tries to run you over.  It is extremely useful if you know how to use it right.

I've come across very little actual griefing outside of the random few seconds of someone bumping into me or running me off the road for fun as they go to their own mission point.
Yeah but when we talk streamers it's whole different story. Look at Summ1t stream. For me it just should make other apparent and give player status "IN MISSION".
It should be just opposition and your team, not anyone other from district against you.
And for god sake, don't make them transparent for this outside missions. It's so idiotic. People do races, have fun around sandbox... Edited by Mitne

20 minutes ago, Mitne said:
Yeah but when we talk streamers it's whole different story. Look at Summ1t stream. For me it just should make other apparent and give player status "IN MISSION".
It should be just opposition and your team, not anyone other from district against you.
And for god sake, don't make them transparent for this outside missions. It's so idiotic. People do races, have fun around sandbox...
you can still race with transparent, just saying...

2 hours ago, Signarly said:

Lol all these griefers downvoting the best way to handle it. Tbh summit looked like he was having fun anyways. 

He said on stream that he wants to play APB after they release the engine upgrade but fears that the griefers will make it very unenjoyable in the long term.

Griefing in general is an issue, in my thousands of hours of mission gameplay I've lost countless missions because some random out of mission person hit my car, blocked a car spawner so I couldn't spawn my own car or just simply distracted me because there was another mission going on in the same place as my own. 

I've suggested this countless times but my ideal solution for this would be making EVERYONE outside of your mission invisible and with invisible I mean it. This could also be done by having sort of a server instance just for yourself (Maybe something to look into after the 3.5 update when they implement Cross District Matchmaking?)

I know that not many people like this idea because it takes away the immersion of being inside a chaotic city while playing missions but personally for me and many others this immersion is not worth the tradeoff of getting confused or griefed by someone outside your mission, intentional or not.
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Frosi said:

EVERYONE outside of your mission invisible

Why not just make it so collisions with players outside your mission are turned off?
No point in making the map feel like a ghost town every time you're in a mission, just make it so you can't be griefed.

Just now, Asparii said:
Why not just make it so collisions with players outside your mission are turned off?
No point in making the map feel like a ghost town every time you're in a mission, just make it so you can't be griefed.
That won't fix the issues of randoms taking pedestrian cars from you nor will it help with the randoms having a mission in the same place as yours.

2 minutes ago, Frosi said:
That won't fix the issues of randoms taking pedestrian cars from you nor will it help with the randoms having a mission in the same place as yours.
That's just the chaos of APB, without that it's going to be a ghost town.
Frankly I like having others doing missions near by, and if someone takes a civis car then oh well they got their first, they're doing their own missions. Without chaos like that what's the point of it being an open world multiplayer?

My idea was to stop griefers, not ruin APBs atmosphere. Edited by Asparii
  • Like 2

Griefing is a crap part of APB but it is also APB. It cant be removed and will not be cured. The game is after all, a city that has been taken over by rowdy criminals and enforcers who are a law un to then selves. The game is not always about the mission you are on. It is about the atmosphere of San Paro. Take out the griefing, take out the lame patootie AI as was suggested in another thread and the game will be boring as shit. I know poeple are complaining about griefing such as people crashing in to you when you are on route to a mission. How many times have you done it your self? If you say never then your bullshiting.

• Like 2

Isnt there already a nice sized suggestion thread on this topic? 

Collision is good, it makes the city alive and real. So you need to be more creative with a solution. Again, I suggest yall read that suggestions thread. 

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

He said on stream that he wants to play APB after they release the engine upgrade but fears that the griefers will make it very unenjoyable in the long term.

Griefing in general is an issue, in my thousands of hours of mission gameplay I've lost countless missions because some random out of mission person hit my car, blocked a car spawner so I couldn't spawn my own car or just simply distracted me because there was another mission going on in the same place as my own. 

I've suggested this countless times but my ideal solution for this would be making EVERYONE outside of your mission invisible and with invisible I mean it. This could also be done by having sort of a server instance just for yourself (Maybe something to look into after the 3.5 update when they implement Cross District Matchmaking?)

I know that not many people like this idea because it takes away the immersion of being inside a chaotic city while playing missions but personally for me and many others this immersion is not worth the tradeoff of getting confused or griefed by someone outside your mission, intentional or not.
ok, I believe this is what we need, the griefers can grief all the not-in-mission players they want, but they shouldn't be able to massively interrupt your mission when you're in one. This will solve so many problems and frustrations, i know people are against this but honestly the so called IMMERSHUN as stated before isn't really worth it. Not to mention how some players sometimes take advantage of this to purposely cause players to lose, the problem with how its setup is how youre completely defenseless against the griefing, you cant kill the player or blow up their cars, i wouldn't mind it as much if there was SOME way to defend against the griefers during missions.

"Griefing is not considered against the rules."

That's the answer it seems.

From the new Code of Conduct:

"Play fair. Follow the rules and don’t cheat, grief, hack, dethreat, or exploit bugs."

GG EZ