You can go into the chat box and create a new chat to limit to only your teammates, friends, etc. This allows you to turn off district chat and whispers, if you are having problems with specific people, hit them with that /ignore and go on about your day. It takes less energy to not care than to worry about it.

Thats what you get to play those games.

These kids dont know what is really toxic if they didnt play diablo 2 or warcraft 3 (private). People would say the nastiest insults to each other and never been a problem and we all kept playing and enjoying the game.
If you try to "stop" toxicity it only gets stronger because players will retain their frustration to themselves lol.

Edited by Excalibur!

I can't edit the post since there's a video in it, but there's a bunch of good examples of why this is a stupid solution in this reddit post atm:

"I got banned for saying my nationality..."

In the end, this only matters to Ubi, because Siege wants to be taken seriously as an e-sport, and that requires them fitting into Twitch's rules of conduct.

Otherwise streamers are just gonna panic constantly as people yell the n word and what not on their stream, since they get the punishment even tho they had nothing to do with it happening.

You don't want a word-police in your game, you don't want any police at all if it is possible - because once you start policing, where is it gonna end?
Okay, now it is the stupid 13yo rager in chat throwing around with insults bigger than his pubic extremities, then it's the guy who uses a racial slur in a moment of anger (Pewdiepie anyone?) then goes on to someone making jokes over a nationality stereotype in chat, eventually anything someone may find offensive needs to be policed, i don't see anything healthy coming from this.
If people want to rage - let them rage - not like you are going to prevent t-bagging/griefing/ghosting any time soon either.

There is this notion of chivalry that existed strongly in this game in the beginning, and to some extend even today and it is absolutely great. But that does not mean that every player is up to it or values themselves so high - suppressing (actually "oppressing") them would be a very bad thing both long- and short-term. These demands for chat-policing would create an atmosphere where everyone has to be on their toes constantly about what they say, and if players have to bend their personality to be permitted to play a game it would likely end in many of them leaving rather than faking a false identity.

Think of what you ask for, seriously.

P.S.: @Dopefish I am especially shocked to see you get behind this. From watching your gameplay i have seen you put up many times with that sort of behaviour and you always managed a great way. It really gave your persona character and i thought you were way past these childish attempts of controlling expression.

Edited by Sniperturtle
  • Thanks 1

training of beginners is done well . they find it difficult to understand the settings

On 7/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, uraputz said:

sadly it seems acceptable for nasty, toxic people to say and or do whatever they like as there is no recourse for their actions. hopefully that will change in time.

hopefully not. "toxic" and "nasty" are too subjective. most people can ignore and handle things they don't like in the chat without having the offender punished.
  • Like 2

Can someone do me a favor and kurt cobain me in the back of the head irl so I dont have to suffer another day in this leftist sjw paradise this generation has shat out into the world, thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Percocet said:

Can someone do me a favor and kurt cobain me in the back of the head irl so I dont have to suffer another day in this leftist sjw paradise this generation has shat out into the world, thanks in advance

Wouldnt it be under the jaw?

Overwatch’s Trolls Are Losing
- New system where you level up a badge next to your name through endorsements.
- Unable to see your teammates stats if you're not friends.
- Improved reporting system, with the ability to report for toxicity.

ilehrjtbp4wnjlhiupom.png
  Edited by Dopefish
Added image

7 hours ago, Dopefish said:
Overwatch’s Trolls Are Losing
- New system where you level up a badge next to your name through endorsements.
- Unable to see your teammates stats if you're not friends.
- Improved reporting system, with the ability to report for toxicity.
You're trolling right?
The first paragraph of that newsreport (Kotaku as well omg) makes it obvious 🙂

I will be short and sweet:

If you trash talk you are a certified b*tch. No excuses.

I have disabled the VOIP and Chat. I only log on to play. I don't enjoy wasting my time arguing with some losers online.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, CookiePuss said:
I have zero players on ignore.

Ive always said... if your ignore list is full, the problem is you, not them.
A gold teammate is fighting another gold, and i join in to help and kill the gold enemy , the gold teammate kills me and calls me a kill stealer > totally my fault
next encounter where i see gold teammate fighting a gold enemy, i do not interfere as i don't want to be tk'ed again for "kill stealing" , gold teammate dies, gold enemy kills me next, i re-spawn next to my gold teammate, just to have the gold teammate kill me again for "i quote" "being a worthless teammate that lets their teammates die so i deserve to get tk for it" > again totally my fault......
  Edited by ShaiShai
fixed spelling

3 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:
A gold teammate is fighting another gold, and i join in to help and kill the gold enemy , the gold teammate kills me and calls me a kill stealer > totally my fault
next encounter where i see gold teammate fighting a gold enemy, i do not interfere as i don't want to be tk'ed again for "kill stealing" , gold teammate dies, gold enemy kills me next, i re-spawn next to my gold teammate, just to have the gold teammate kill me again for "i quote" "being a worthless teammate that lets their teammates die so i deserve to get tk for it" > again totally my fault......

If enough people have done that to you to fill your entire ignore list, then I do apologize.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
4 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

If enough people have done that to you to fill your entire ignore list, then I do apologize.
well now all i do when i enter a mission is usually put the enemy on ignore right away so i don't have to hear their pm's on how im a bad silver and should not be in silver ........ the horror, a silver in silver district ....... where she belongs ... anyhoo , i then have less room for other issues like that, although i do delete them (if i remember to) from ignore after the mission and if not, i clear out my ignore list when it gets full (remove all and start over)

if only there was a way to not reply to ingame chat

some kind of thought process that intentionally stops any response 

@ShaiShai
Yeah I hate golds who act like that. The idiots dont realize that if golds could only play with other golds, we'd never have full districts,
Also, kudos to you for not just stomping on noobs in bronze district.
If you ever play Jericho hmu, I'll group with you.
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:16 AM, Sniperturtle said:
You're trolling right?
The first paragraph of that newsreport (Kotaku as well omg) makes it obvious 🙂
Dont even bother answering him.
He can go back to play his cuck game anytime and feel the safer millennial on earth.