the talking grow directly in the way you feed it.

i have only love talking in my chat tab.

and usually my max talking in district chat is "press K free donuts"

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
I have zero players on ignore.

Ive always said... if your ignore list is full, the problem is you, not them.
And if i just...play a game?!Alot's of them told me what im p2w,but they can buy OCA nano anytime on mp and other legendary's too and since than stock Ntec is p2w!?
This is not normal dude... Edited by DopeSV

Toxicity in games is a big problem, and should be taken seriously. Disabling chat, putting people on ignore, or "growing thick skin" are not solutions to the actual problem. There has to be much harsher punishment for the use of racial or derogatory slurs, and even more so for death threats or insinuating that people should kill themselves.

Overwatch introduced a system where abusive players would get warnings telling them to act nicer, which helped reduce abusive chat with over 25%. Another step would be to add a proper ingame report system for abusive chat, where it could mark the time in the chat logs for support to go through. If people know that they can easily get suspended from the game due to toxic behavior, they'd think twice before posting such stuff. Twitch have banned streamers for a month, just for saying a derogatory word.

For APB, I believe alot of these issues stems from frustration caused by the game itself, mainly due to poor balancing, and being built to allow unsportsmanship like behaviour. Toxicity also feeds toxicity, so letting it remain unhindered will only turn more and more players toxic, as it becomes the norm of the language used in the game. I believe it's being detrimental to the growth of the game in general, as there's people who have left due to the verbal abuse in the game, not to mention how unwelcoming it is for new players.

@Lixil & @MattScott, I suggest you should sign up with the Fair Play Alliance. It's a group of developers that collaborate on research and best practices that encourage fair play and healthy communities in online gaming. Blizzard, Riot and Twitch are only a few of the companies that are participating in this:
http://www.fairplayalliance.org/

EDIT:
Rainbow Six Siege players who use slurs are now getting instantly banned

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 8

57 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Toxicity in games is a big problem, and should be taken seriously. Disabling chat, putting people on ignore, or "growing thick skin" are not solutions to the actual problem. There has to be much harsher punishment for the use of racial or derogatory slurs, and even more so for death threats or insinuating that people should kill themselves.

Overwatch introduced a system where abusive players would get warnings telling them to act nicer, which helped reduce abusive chat with over 25%. Another step would be to add a proper ingame report system for abusive chat, where it could mark the time in the chat logs for support to go through. If people know that they can easily get suspended from the game due to toxic behavior, they'd think twice before posting such stuff. Twitch have banned streamers for a month, just for saying a derogatory word.

For APB, I believe alot of these issues stems from frustration caused by the game itself, mainly due to poor balancing, and being built to allow unsportsmanship like behaviour. Toxicity also feeds toxicity, so letting it remain unhindered will only turn more and more players toxic, as it becomes the norm of the language used in the game. I believe it's being detrimental to the growth of the game in general, as there's people who have left due to the verbal abuse in the game, not to mention how unwelcoming it is for new players.

@Lixil & @MattScott, I suggest you should sign up with the Fair Play Alliance. It's a group of developers that collaborate on research and best practices that encourage fair play and healthy communities in online gaming. Blizzard, Riot and Twitch are only a few of the companies that are participating in this:

I don't think toxicity is a problem. If people want to be dicks, let them be. That's just life, some people are nice, some are not. As long as they're not griefing or cheating there's no real harm. If people can't handle some mean comments maybe they shouldn't play an 18+ game about killing each other in which even NPCs and pedestrians swear.

Blizzard has been trying for a long time with Overwatch like you said and I still see people trash talking in almost every game, even on GM level. Forcing people to be nice isn't really gonna work, they're just gonna find a different way to be toxic.

I recommend to stop getting offended about what some random immature people said on the internet. It really shouldn't be that hard, unless you think they're right, in which case maybe it's not really that toxic after all?

Also Twitch has nothing to be proud of. Banning people because they said a word? Like, what? Soon we won't be able to talk at all, we will just be spamming smiley faces and hope the other side doesn't get offended because the smiley has a different skin colour then them. Edited by Uke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you should just give up multiplayergames on the internet alltogether then.

10 minutes ago, Uke said:
I recommend to stop getting offended about what some random immature people said on the internet. It really shouldn't be that hard, unless you think they're right, in which case maybe it's not really that toxic after all?

^That, the problem is obviously not with the trashtalker, but with the person who gets offended. The only fair solution to it is to give an unlimited ignorelist.
  Edited by Sniperturtle

41 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Dopefish   you're my Bunny . swum )  bla bla bla ...    if you're a bad person, I'll keep telling the truth .                       
  it's a 2011 box .  https://ibb.co/kUSTRo

Dopefish - you used Advanced APB Launcher , shaders , macros ? 
  Edited by YooD

16 minutes ago, Uke said:
Forcing people to be nice isn't really gonna work, they're just gonna find a different way to be toxic.

best statement in this entire thread

• Like 1

Just now, Ohshii said:

best statement in this entire thread

I don't think so .
18 minutes ago, Uke said:
I don't think toxicity is a problem. If people want to be dicks, let them be. That's just life, some people are nice, some are not. As long as they're not griefing or cheating there's no real harm. If people can't handle some mean comments maybe they shouldn't play an 18+ game about killing each other in which even NPCs and pedestrians swear.

Blizzard has been trying for a long time with Overwatch like you said and I still see people trash talking in almost every game, even on GM level. Forcing people to be nice isn't really gonna work, they're just gonna find a different way to be toxic.

I don't . leave the chat in the area for developers only . there are other channels of communication for players .

7 minutes ago, YooD said:
I don't think so . I don't . leave the chat in the area for developers only . there are other channels of communication for players .
?
What?

4 minutes ago, YooD said:
I don't . leave the chat in the area for developers only . there are other channels of communication for players .

wtf-face-little-girl.jpg

Just now, Uke said:
?
What?
Really ? say, whisper, chat group, chat team .... continue?
Just now, Ohshii said:

wtf-face-little-girl.jpg
children! the circus left.

1 minute ago, YooD said:
4 minutes ago, Uke said:
?
What?
wtf-meme.jpg

1 minute ago, YooD said:
4 minutes ago, Uke said:
?
What?
Yeah cool, but how is that connected to anything I said?

Just now, Ohshii said:
WTF-meme.jpg
Bravo

The fact that you received 5 dislikes on your post already says something about the climate too. APB will grow thick skin on you. Just type /ignore playername and they can't write to you anymore.

20 hours ago, Lixil said:

Depending how bad it is some can come off as harrassment. If you feel like this is happening feel free to contact our support regarding it.

This isn't a good idea at all. Contacting support would spam more Tickets and increase the processing time. 

Adding  a Chat Filter which can block certain things is more useful --> Problem solved! Edited by LChristy
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, DopeSV said:
And if i just...play a game?!Alot's of them told me what im p2w,but they can buy OCA nano anytime on mp and other legendary's too and since than stock Ntec is p2w!?
This is not normal dude...
I dont think I understand.

i get downvoted by weebs 24/7 but why are you getting offended on the internet? the game has an ignore feature and if you're filling it out to the point you can't add anyone else to the ignore list chances are you should re-evaluate what ur doing to make people ruin you

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

i get downvoted by weebs 24/7 but why are you getting offended on the internet? the game has an ignore feature and if you're filling it out to the point you can't add anyone else to the ignore list chances are you should re-evaluate what ur doing to make people ruin you

Why are you shitposting all the time?

I started putting all my enemys on my ignore list but there was a problem after 2 days since i can have 100 people on my ignore list and extending it is way to expensive and not worth it.. and anyways there was this one person who msged my friend and told him to tell me to kill myself so yeh this game is full of toxic people same as in all other games and since people feel like they can say whatever they want on the internet it's never going to change and the best you can do it disable the parts of chat you can if you cant disable the whole chat and if you don't want to do that just ignore it. People say alot of stupid and dumb stuff in games like this and most of the time they just get mad cuz they lost and don't really mean to be toxic or anything

You can not stop people from taunting you in game, unless you purely ignore it.

No matter what sort of game it is, players will taunt you.

The developers are not going to cater to your childish needs. The game has plenty of ways for you to block people.

Holy crap, I forgot the internet actually has these kind of people

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bamboozler said:

Why are you shitposting all the time?
why arent you?
  • Like 2

A lot of mentally Ill people play games for release. Just feel sorry for them instead, and give em some love

On 7/12/2018 at 9:49 PM, PinkCake said:

Cant be any way to stop all the trash talks in this game ? i mean mates trash talk ,enemies trash talk , its frustrating , i end up leaving the game  because how mean people in there , can you make like a punishment for insulting others ? or something like that 

Sounds like someone can not handle the interwebs. I want a safe space to if he gets one.
giphy.gif Edited by Willy Wonka

Toxicity in games can be problematic, as they can limit the targetted audience from a broad scale to, well a good comparison would be the average Rust player.
People are right to say you gotta grow a thick skin if you go onto the internet, otherwise you'll just end up having a bad time and feeding those who take joy in making others miserable in such ways.
That said, theres nothing wrong with taking a firm stance against over the top toxic behaviour as a company, neither as community.
When I see someone being explicitely toxic in district chat, I start mocking them in often enough, clever ways that will infuriate them or bore them to death. Naturally not everyone is able to do this or even wants to do this, but if everyone does a bit, it gets better bit by bit. In other words, letting it slip entirely doesn't help either, quite the opposite.

People will be dicks if they want to be, couldnt be more incorrect. People will be dicks if other people let them, which happens quite a lot.

Edited by Slickmund