What's a real problem of APB...i got 3 Character's and all of them has full ignore list(50 player's)(Never start any of this "Trash talk's")

Edited by DopeSV

1 minute ago, DopeSV said:

What's a real problem of APB...i got 3 Character's and all of them has full ignore list(50 player's)(Never start any of this "Trash talk's")

I have zero players on ignore.

Ive always said... if your ignore list is full, the problem is you, not them.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not necessarily.  I mean I have no one on my list but that is partly because i forget why someone is there and remove them. But there are a few people that would warrant an ignore to a degree or 10. Like MikeHell but i liked messing with him so no ignore.

More on topic, APB will always have trash talk just because that is how the game is and there is no reason for people to not be toxic in game. BUT there is a line that is crossed a lot that should be dealt with and it seems is not dealt with by support so that is sad sauce. Edited by SelttikS

14 hours ago, uraputz said:

sadly it seems acceptable for nasty, toxic people to say and or do whatever they like as there is no recourse for their actions. hopefully that will change in time.

This type of statement always freaks me out, cause i don't think you actually realize what you're asking for here. Controlling speech is almost always the worst possible solution, and it's gonna come back and hit you in the bum when the control gets excessive, and we all have to be super self aware of every single word we use. There is a person out there that will be offended for each and every possible thing you could think to say, having to censor yourself for everyone will just make you a silent nobody. You might take trash talk seriously, whilst i personally enjoy shooting the shit with some randos, cause that's all it is. Most people have no idea who you are, thereby making the insults completely baseless and meaningless. Actually letting yourself get affected by them is silly, and although some people can be annoying s**ts, the alternative you suggested here is far worse.

I'd take the ability to talk freely over a safe controlled space anyday.

14 hours ago, AlexandraTromp said:

Yup turn off all the useless chats and if you're in voip with your mates tell them to stop it or get better mates. 

Some people like to trash talk, that does not make them bad mates, you just prefer something different than they do.

2 hours ago, killerskull said:

Like every one who regurgitated and threw up in the next posters mouth just to repeat again, disable chat and whatever and ur good. The thing is, sometimes players get so frikkin toxic that they will tk u and then tea bag you. Even tho ur ignoring them and not doing chat or voip, the still come after you, visually I guess rather than text or audio. But that is a rare case.

This is the real issue imo. (Tho please don't punish ALL tk'ers, some of us genuinely have fun killing/getting killed by our friends)

1 hour ago, K3i said:

as long as a game stays mainly PvP there will always be trash talking, simply learn how to trash talk yourself to fend them off because it will never end, there's just no point in avoiding it.

Exactly, it's part of the fun if you embrace it. If you victimize yourself and take words from complete strangers personally, then it becomes an issue, have fun with it instead. Edited by SanityFlex
  • Like 1

the last person that trash talked me has rage quitted over my use of LTL while he was a gold in a bronze district using a legendary. I know not everyone can stand some mean things being said to them, but i usually just get fun out of it, it either ends with them not replying anymore when they start it or they just leave the game, sometimes fighting back a bully can make a bully stop, even if you don't know how to properly defend yourself yet, it makes them thinks twice about picking on you, of course this doesn't work with people that just want to troll, in that case you just place them on ignore, they aren't worth your time of listening to and just want to waste your time getting a rise out of you. Monitoring everything people say is a huge tasks, you can also report these people, they may end up getting dealt with later.

• Thanks 2

I mean contacting support doesn't do much, I've tried that recently and still haven't got a reply from support 1 month on. Still experiencing the same stuff that I contacted support about because that player seems to have some sort of grudge against me.

gitgud scrubs

Guys, any of you tried to contact a GM ingame? This kind of issues are out of hands because of the lack of moderation ingame, I think we are going to get this stuff solved really soon, I hope so, you guys should start to try yelling at /d requesting assistance from a GM, if they are able to help they'll /w you, and I'm quite sure that a kind word from the GM's to warn these players and ask them to behave better would work just awesomely, saving lot of trouble for the three parties, the victim, the harasser and the moderation staff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lixil said:

Depending how bad it is some can come off as harrassment. If you feel like this is happening feel free to contact our support regarding it.

Is it harrasment when someone will whisper "get ebola"? That's like saying I'm a voodoo witch and you gonna get rekt.

5 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Guys, any of you tried to contact a GM ingame? This kind of issues are out of hands because of the lack of moderation ingame, I think we are going to get this stuff solved really soon, I hope so, you guys should start to try yelling at /d requesting assistance from a GM, if they are able to help they'll /w you, and I'm quite sure that a kind word from the GM's to warn these players and ask them to behave better would work just awesomely, saving lot of trouble for the three parties, the victim, the harasser and the moderation staff.

Do GMs leave social?

lol jk

I onced asked a social TGM if they could do something about a guy spamming chat trying to sell legendaries for real world money.

... they told me to contact support! 
:classic_laugh: Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

not wanting to hear high pitched beeps surely is my problem - especially when people just them as their theme to annoy others.

well - sure it is my fault for being annoyed by that too.
as well as dying to them in the first place - i suppose.

1 hour ago, Cheeseburger! said:

Disabling District Chat makes the game much more enjoyable.

I rather enjoy fooling around with all other 79 people in the district. Makes the game much  more dynamic.

Other mmo's don't have the same sort of interactions with chat, as it either gets too cluttered, or no one uses it. APB has the perfect balance, whilst enabling free speech.
With freedoms like Free Speech, you can't have the right to free speech, and the right to not be offended.

It's one or the other.
However, harassment isn't offending someone, that's you intentionally abusing someone, albeit physical or verbal.

1 minute ago, neophobia said:
not wanting to hear high pitched beeps surely is my problem - especially when people just them as their theme to annoy others.

If you have met enough earrape theme users to fill your ignore list, then I do apologize. 

53 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Do GMs leave social?

lol jk

I onced asked a social TGM if they could do something about a guy spamming chat trying to sell legendaries for real world money.

:classic_laugh:
Oh damn, thought Tiggs wasn't in command anymore! Its G1 all over again! The past is haunting us!! 👻

...just joking, not sure why this forums makes me feel I need to clarify this some times.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
2 hours ago, neophobia said:

If you have met enough earrape theme users to fill your ignore list, then I do apologize. 
well more than zero xd

nah tbf, that's the only time i ever feel the need to ignore someone

or if they do the most ridiculous hackusations so i get tempted to answer

14 minutes ago, neophobia said:
well more than zero xd

nah tbf, that's the only time i ever feel the need to ignore someone

or if they do the most ridiculous hackusations so i get tempted to answer
Yeah, Ive done the temp ignores for music spammers in social. I just normally clear em out after.

Honestly never understood how people can get so mad at dying in a regular way in an online pvp shooting game and feel the need to make the effort to insult someone over it. Getting told to die of cancer for shooting at an enemy is great.

Or those that go gg ez after winning a mission, as if its their first ever win or something. Even if you don't play lame at all they will always find ways to insult you. People on this game are just trash. It feels funny when I see people in stream chats acting all nice when they have trash talked me and others for no reason in game before.

People rage because they can get away with it online.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Do GMs leave social?

lol jk

They send me this stuff directly. Not sure why they told you to contact support. 

Edit: Talked to my TGMs and they said they misunderstood what you meant, they had a lot of whispers and players contacting them. I do apologize for that!

4 minutes ago, Lixil said:
7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Do GMs leave social?

lol jk

They send me this stuff directly. Not sure why they told you to contact support. 
Me neither.
Was the one with the long hard to pronounce name.

I think their exact words were "That is DEFINITELY something you should contact support over as it is against the ToS."  Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Edit: Talked to my TGMs and they said they misunderstood what you meant, they had a lot of whispers and players contacting them. I do apologize for that!
No need to apologize. 
We cool.