Sign in to follow this  
illgot

can we convert all weapon/vehicle stats as factual numbers?

The "stats" listed as bars are a horrible.  I can't really tell anything by the bars because the bars seem to mean different things depending on the weapon and vehicle type.

Can we please just convert all these stat bars to factual numbers? 

• Like 3

Just now, illgot said:

The "stats" listed as bars are a horrible.  I can't really tell anything by the bars because the bars seem to mean different things depending on the weapon and vehicle type.

Can we please just convert all these stat bars to factual numbers? 

https://db.apbvault.net/

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
we shouldn't have to rely on an outside database (which maybe out of date and doesn't list all weapons) to see what the range is on the weapon I am currently using in game.

It also doesn't help new players who have no idea what they are doing when the weapon shows 50% full bar for range and 30-40% full bar for TTK Edited by illgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, illgot said:
(which maybe out of date and doesn't list all weapons)
Its not, and it does.
Info is from files supplied by G1.

as nice as apbdb (both versions) are and as grateful as i am to the creators (both of them), all of that information needs to be ingame imo - and not just tucked away in the somehow-still-lackluster tutorial, stats should be easily displayed when guns are in your locker as well as on their respective armas page as well

unfortunately im pretty sure anything like that would have to wait until we get a unified UI, which means probably not until after the engine upgrade

also there needs to be a solid indicator of dropoff ranges, as well as a solid explanation of what they even are - too many new players shooting stars at 80m targets

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

21 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

as nice as apbdb (both versions) are and as grateful as i am to the creators (both of them), all of that information needs to be ingame imo - and not just tucked away in the somehow-still-lackluster tutorial, stats should be easily displayed when guns are in your locker as well as on their respective armas page as well

unfortunately im pretty sure anything like that would have to wait until we get a unified UI, which means probably not until after the engine upgrade

also there needs to be a solid indicator of dropoff ranges, as well as a solid explanation of what they even are - too many new players shooting stars at 80m targets

#hardfacts

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

what's the current ui interface thingy called?

scaleform?

man, they said they were going to add so many new things.

i think the only thing that's scale form is the main menu and the /fps command.

why do i type like this

7 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

scaleform?

why do i type like this
the shitty one thats from original apb and lags to hell is kismet iirc

the one that g1 partially integrated is scaleform

tutorial is scaleform as well

stop copying the way i type

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

35 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

scaleform?

why do i type like this

27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
the shitty one thats from original apb and lags to hell is kismet iirc

the one that g1 partially integrated is scaleform

tutorial is scaleform as well

stop copying the way i type
Minor note: Kismet is more than just a UI solution, its a complete visual scripting system akin to (was actually replaced by) Blueprint Script in Unreal 4. You can build anything with it.
  • Like 1

Really enjoying everyone being hopeful again and making good suggestions. Have wanted this forever 🙂

5 hours ago, Teardrops69 said:

Really enjoying everyone being hopeful again and making good suggestions. Have wanted this forever 🙂

it actually irritated me when I was trying to look at my vehicles carrying capacity to fit a large item for a mission and just saw a bar.  WTF is this bar, is it 5 items, 6 items?

Sign in to follow this