Sign in to follow this  
spher3

Censoring something will never work.

To censor something will never work and will upset ppl no matter what. i dont post on the forums because idc about the shitstorms here, i just read blues and get on with my life... but this upsets me on so many levels i cannot understand myself. not because i care about what is in there, but because of the edgy title censoring the post will just amount to a shitstorm, because it makes it look like you f'd up and now want to hide it.

dlmjyt.png

they let it play out for like 13 pages bro

and then we had another thread that went to like 6 pages

what more is there to say lmao

we can summarize it for you, some children were mad that someone they didnt like was getting more attention from the CM than they were, they were probably also bringing in some drama bait over it so they got banned, so then they decided to start the drama in the forums.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

beatingthedeadhorse.png

• Like 1

It's resolved really, why are you upset?  There was good intention, and there will be something good in the future, and mistakes were made that the CEO won't make again.  Simple really. Win-win.

Im not upset, thats not the point of the post, the point of the post is it CAN upset people to censor something with such a title to the point where people assume, and given the trackrecord of our "lovely" community, it can turn real bad real quick, im just saying that its better to lock a thread and let it be visible than to censor it as a whole. i did in fact see the thread before and yes, people overreacted alot. but nonetheless, if the thread would be left locked and visible. it is a sign of good faith. not everything is left in LO's hands, we as a community have a responsibility at this point too. good intentions or not, from the PoV of an unknowing individual, this is extremely bad, solely due to the title in combination with the hiding of the post.

as we know, we as a community have a record of blowing things right out the water.

OP wanted his thread locked and removed. 
Do some research before complaining. Google still has the page cached.
yikes

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Censoring seems to work well for China.
... just saying

theres many reasons we dont want things to work like china

1 minute ago, Fennel said:
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Censoring seems to work well for China.
... just saying

theres many reasons we dont want things to work like china
China too stronk.

little orbit is very tolerant . she has a lot of restrictions on the punishment.

Edited by YooD

2 hours ago, Netzu said:

OP wanted his thread locked and removed. 
Do some research before complaining. Google still has the page cached.
yikes

not everyone does that, and if you need to check google cache for it, its too far of a stretch for non tech minded individuals. dear god this was a constructive critisism post. never should research be involved to read a simple forum post. your point is invalid. and tbh, id lock this thread if i could, waiting for mod to do so, comments such as "git gud at google" is just plain stupid.

5 minutes ago, spher3 said:
not everyone does that, and if you need to check google cache for it, its too far of a stretch for non tech minded individuals. dear god this was a constructive critisism post. never should research be involved to read a simple forum post. your point is invalid. and tbh, id lock this thread if i could, waiting for mod to do so, comments such as "git gud at google" is just plain stupid.
whats the deal? the issue has been dealt with, the community has lost the ability to play with staff, theres nothing else to discuss

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
11 minutes ago, spher3 said:
whats the deal? the issue has been dealt with, the community has lost the ability to play with staff, theres nothing else to discuss
now i know that the issue is dealt with. i know the issue in full about F and lixil, i dont give a flying f about that issue, the individual is clean in my book.
this is about the way of censoring the post. but still if youre going to be ignorant dont comment, simple as that?. this isnt about that forumpost, its about removing threads with questionable titles as a whole. drop the whiteknighting. 

to put it simply: someone questions a CM/GM/DEV, post gets removed, still shows up on the only and most known admintracker around, controversy will ensue. Edited by spher3

I really hate to agree with this OP but they really should not have removed it, Locked it sure but not removed it. It looks shady to anyone who didn't spam refresh for 2 hours.

crap everyone act like they are working Matt is here!

Edited by SelttikS

I though this thread was gonna be about not being able to say patootie. 

letdown/10

Hi there,

This is exactly why we normally do not delete threads unless they violate our ToS. Deleting a thread removes the context for readers like yourself aftert the fact, and it leads to assumptions like ‘censorship’ and ‘abuse of power’.

In this case, the OP of that thread asked us to remove it. I started a new thread. Let that get discussed for several hours, and then removed the OP’s thread. It wasn’t ideal. I felt she suffered quite a bit at the hands of the community, and I don’t like all that toxicity.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Just now, MattScott said:

Hi there,

This is exactly why we normally do not delete threads unless they violate our ToS. Deleting a thread removes the context for readers like yourself aftert the fact, and it leads to assumptions like ‘censorship’ and ‘abuse of power’.

In this case, the OP of that thread asked us to remove it. I started a new thread. Let that get discussed for several hours, and then removed the OP’s thread. It wasn’t ideal. I felt she suffered quite a bit at the hands of the community, and I don’t like all that toxicity.

Thanks,
Matt

in forum sits virus .

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you for understanding what i was getting to, and i guess that yes, you did what was best of the situation. this was more of a constructive critisism post than a rant. 

To anyone whose feelings were rattled, i apologize, i should have phrased it better.

feel free to lock the thread, i think it has fully served its purpose Edited by spher3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

I felt she suffered quite a bit at the hands of the community, and I don’t like all that toxicity.

Right now I feel like I want to smack a very specific person who started all of this. Not in an angry way, in a very educative way. Edited by RovingFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr CEO reviewed, agreed it was a bad idea, wont happen ever again

Dev Stream or the gameplay with certain ppl on stream?

4 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:
18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr CEO reviewed, agreed it was a bad idea, wont happen ever again

Dev Stream or the gameplay with certain ppl on stream?
Rather than me butchering Matts words, heres the link...
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

I've got a warning from a mod due to my outburst reaction to one of the original overexaggerated kids on Lixil's stream, and i felt relieved to be honest.

The bold part of your text summarizes my feelings at that very moment. I truly felt anger for the ones attacking Lixil, because she wanted to do something nice, and some people tried to turn all that not into a COMPLAINT, but instead, they forcefully tried to DESTROY A CAREER or A LIFE with that circlejerking attitude.

They were not like "Hey, it's bad to play with a self proclaimed ex-cheater", but they were like "HEY, YOU'RE A TERRIBLE CM, YOU'RE LIKE TIGGS," and turn everything into a freak show.

Lixil clearly don't deserve it.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I've got a warning from a mod due to my outburst reaction to one of the original overexaggerated kids on Lixil's stream, and i felt relieved to be honest.

The bold part of your text summarizes my feelings at that very moment. I truly felt anger for the ones attacking Lixil, because she wanted to do something nice, and some people tried to turn all that not into a COMPLAINT, but instead, they forcefully tried to DESTROY A CAREER or A LIFE with that circlejerking attitude.

They were not like "Hey, it's bad to play with a self proclaimed ex-cheater", but they were like "HEY, YOU'RE A TERRIBLE CM, YOU'RE LIKE TIGGS," and turn everything into a freak show.

Lixil clearly don't deserve it.
l m a o expecting this community to not be toxic xDDD