Sign in to follow this  
Haddok

Color blind help - LO please read

Please, LO, you need to make name tag colors adjustable. I'm color blind so this information is valuable and accurate for you.

The old G1 said color blind settings was a great idea..... in 2012..... of course they did nothing. Now guys are here to show how things are done.

Matt mentioned this briefly when he said changing the color of the crosshair would help color blind people.

But the most important part if you want to help the 8-10% (males. 1 of 200 in women) of people who are color blind is to make the actual nametag colors changable, not only into any color but to remove opacity, so they don't get affected by lighting conditions, background etc becuase that also messes it up for us color blind people, when it start blending with world colors etc.

I'm red/green color blind myself, so I'm telling you, this is what would really help. Some times, especially when there is no time to read what a name tag says, it is impossible to tell if it's a friendly or enemy name tag for us color blind people. It sucks having to tell people all the time that you're color blind when they get annoyed of you shooting at them.

The percentage of color blind people adds up to a fair amount of players as well.

Edited by Haddok
  • Like 8

I agree that there should be colorblind mode that allows you to pick different sets of colours for things, but messing with text (background?) opacity would be an advantage and everyone would use it because if the text had a background "block" behind it, it would be almost like having a huge downwards pointing arrow on top of everyone.

• Like 1

Yes, please. I'm a light color-blind and some of the colors are disturbing to me as fuck, need to be changed.

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

I agree that there should be colorblind mode that allows you to pick different sets of colours for things, but messing with text (background?) opacity would be an advantage and everyone would use it because if the text had a background "block" behind it, it would be almost like having a huge downwards pointing arrow on top of everyone.

Well the text itself could just have 0% opacity without there being a block behind it.

Yes please. I created that post in the old APB forums in 2012. It got massive support from the players/forum users and G1 said they liked the idea, but they never did anything.

To this day I sometimes shoot/kill teammates since I think they have red names, or I sometimes do not shoot at enemies because I think their name is Green (or I can't see what color it is and don't want to risk a team kill).

Edited by VegaStar
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, Haddok said:

But the most important part if you want to help the 8-10% (males. 1 of 200 in women) of people who are color blind is to make the actual nametag colors changable

Very good point, this will definitely help.

• Like 1

This would improve the game for a lot of people, and is an default option in most games nowadays. I'd like to see this implemented sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I've read this, and added it to our internal tracking system. I honestly have no idea where it fits within the roadmap, but we have at least one color blind person in the office, and several of these comments already came up.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

I've read this, and added it to our internal tracking system. I honestly have no idea where it fits within the roadmap, but we have at least one color blind person in the office, and several of these comments already came up.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks Matt! Imo it doesn't have to be super #1 priority, just don't forget about us colorlind people when you're about to make some actual changes to the game. red/gray color blind here

• Like 1

At worst you could ajust your monitor settings in the meantime but I doubt it'd help much 😕

2 hours ago, RubyGee said:

At worst you could ajust your monitor settings in the meantime but I doubt it'd help much 😕

That doesn't do anything I'm afraid.

What would help all colorblind people is if you could simply select a different color for the friendly and enemy nametag. 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

YES PLEASE - " make the actual nametag colors changable," - that is exactly what I need as R/G colorblind as well.  In other games - protanopia settings usually work for me.
As other folks have said - depending on time of day, I absolutely cannot tell name plate colors apart.   

There's no reason why a colour blind mode shouldn't be implemented into the game. On top of that it's just good business, making the game more accessible to more people is a win for everyone. I hope that now APB has fresh developers these kinds of problems will be made more of a priority. It's great that Matt has recognized this issue and even let us know that it's going to be worked on. Here's hoping you get your colour blind mode soon. 🙂

Edited by CombatMedic02