Kylegrey2

G1 processing cc payments as cash withdrawals

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

That's weird. So no sales tax if I use Paymentwall/Steam?

I have spent 770$ through steam on this game. Can confirm THERE IS NO EXTRA FEES WHEN BUYING THROUGH STEAM.

Awesome. And where you live?

17 hours ago, Leander465 said:
On the side note:
The problem with paypal is that there is a lot of tax on top of the price. While on other payment options there isn't any tax added to the price. How does that come?
4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Paypal has fees from what I see when I try to buy:

s4HrRbK.png

2hGhUQY.png

G1/LO just adds the taxes directly at PayPal, whereas for Visa etc. the paymentprovider (PaymentWall) will, is my best guess.
Also you might get additional fees if your CC is charging you extra for payments e.g. outside of the EU.

Moving to USA *cough* should get you the G1C without the added tax though when using PayPal. Edited by neophobia

I am surprised you guys don't remember the whole EU digital goods VAT tax changes that went into effect on Jan 1st, 2015.... It was a big to do back then....

https://www.developersalliance.org/news/eu-value-added-tax-vat-changes-what-you-need-to-know

Then you also have these new proposals that they are talking about just this year:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/company-tax/fair-taxation-digital-economy_en

7 minutes ago, neophobia said:
G1/LO just adds the taxes directly at PayPal, whereas for Visa etc. the paymentprovider (PaymentWall) will, is my best guess.
Also you might get additional fees if your CC is charging you extra for payments e.g. outside of the EU.
And how you explain this ?

People need to understand that different tax laws where the company is located and where you live affects how taxes, etc. are handled on your purchases.

Some people who have posted don't get taxed when they buy through Steam. Well, I get taxed when I buy through Steam.
Some people here get taxed when buying through PayPal. I do not get taxed when buying through PayPal.
PaymentWall charged tax when I used them to make a CC purchase.

I'm switched to using PayPal exclusively now because I do not get charged tax as long as I go through them. Doesn't matter if I used Debit/CC or bank withdrawal so long as I go through PayPal to do it.
This will obviously be different for others due to where they live and their local tax laws and how PayPal has to abide by those laws. Edited by Neonis

How much you payed for your last PayPal G1C buy?