Hey all.

After 8 years of playing this game and being involved with the community through the game and the forums alike, I've firmly believed that the developers were the ones letting us down. Every update they inched towards decreasing the stability of the game, lost our trust and fed us lies. Every year we'd be thrown a minimal roadmap for us to look forward to while we ate up ARMAS sales like fools, hoping, that just maybe they'll see the money we're willing to spend to see the game live and evolve. We did all we could as a community; tossed them suggestions on the forums, spent thousands on ARMAS and participated in OTW to steer development in the right direction. But, alas, it wasn't enough. Updates came to a halt and the player base heavily declined. I left at the end of 2015, frustrated with the state of the game, and only came back when it was announced the game had been acquired by a new company.

Enter Little Orbit. Our salvation. This company stepped out of their comfort zone from the previous titles they've made and purchased GamersFirst and all of it's games. Since the acquisition they've been making more progress in a few months than the original owners did in years. They've picked up the pieces that were haphazardly strewn about by our old managers and are figuring out ways to put them back together that were better than before. Little Orbit wants to help us. They want to revive our game, regain our trust and support APB for as long as possible with constant updates and communication. Matt and Lixil have been incredibly transparent and helpful, answering any questions we might have about the present and future of the game.

After 8 years of this tug of war between the community and GamersFirst, we're finally seeing progress in our favor. And yet.. the community is so quick to backlash new advances and methods to progress communication between the two fronts. It's incredible that some are so quick to bite the hand that feeds us when something minimal happens. I hope those individuals are happy that we're now losing communication in one form due to the minuscule stream mistakes that spawned yesterday's drama. We're getting what we've wanted for years and if more of these unnecessary conflicts happen then we will end up in the same situation as we were with the original GamersFirst team. We hold the power to change the course of the game for the better and in our image, yet we're squandering that chance. Now I can see that this time it won't be their fault if it strays in that direction: it will be the community's fault alone.

For the first time in 8 years I can actually say I am disappointed in the community and their recent actions.

I want to, also, say thank you to Little Orbit and the remaining Reloaded developers. You guys are truly the only thing keeping this game alive when even the community has a gun pointed to your head.

Edited by Bornstellar
Cleaned it up a little.
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 7

i don't know who you are but i like you .

• Like 1

Unfortunately there will always be impatient people who want to see results and promises made in a world record time.

I believe they don't realize what all those changes involve (workwise) and that it can't be done by just snapping fingers. Sometimes I feel like people should learn to code something very small to realize if that already takes time, what it means to improve a complete game on different things. 

I usually don't read long posts but this was nice. ❤️

Edited by Keshi

Just now, Keshi said:

I usually don't read long post but this was nice. <3

I was thinking about putting a TL;DR but I don't think it'd be able to capture the point.

2 minutes ago, Bornstellar said:
3 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I usually don't read long post but this was nice. ❤️

I was thinking about putting a TL;DR but I don't think it'd be able to capture the point.
always put in a tl;dr
always

5 minutes ago, Bornstellar said:
6 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I usually don't read long post but this was nice. ❤️

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
always put in a tl;dr
always
TLDR is nice and all, but after reading that i don't think a TLDR is needed... but thats just me 😄

6 minutes ago, Keshi said:
TLDR is nice and all, but after reading that i don't think a TLDR is needed... but thats just me 😄

9 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Let me clarify, if you want more than a small minorty of forum users to read your stuff, ALWAYS include a tl;dr. 

Just speaking from experience here.  Edited by CookiePuss

TL;DR

Also people need to stop putting LO on an altar, it is just a company not your saviors.
When things are done wrong the people will speak out. The CEO seemed to agree that there was an issue this time as well.
Remember when a GM was screwing with a streamer awhile back? The community was adamant that it was a GM doing it but LO was repeatedly stating that it was lag and ddos, LO was wrong and after much more investigation figured that out.

Power to the people not the elite few that brown nose the most, because that is what will actually kill this game AGAIN.

• Like 2

the problem of the game is not the engine, no patches. THE PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM .

Edited by YooD

This is why I only use the forums to look for patch notes and other minor stuff. I didn't even know about this, and honestly didn't care. It was just an uprising of some sort.
Little Orbit promised to fix the game, they're doing it. Apart from that, there's nothing more I'd like to know.

I wish people stopped being so dramatic.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JohnNighthawk said:

I wish people stopped being so dramatic.

You and me, both.
  • Like 2

80% of the forum are here to just Troll people and make them look pathetic, Wich is why the community is horrible in the first place.

Very well written, and I agree with it fully.

• Thanks 1

You stoped playing apb in 2015, nobody quits apb for 3 years!😉

We all got our opinions , alot of long time players consider apb like home, so ofc the shotgun comes out if something new is lurking at your front door.
I do agree some ppl on the forums are always spraying toxic insults, this should stop.

Patience is so difficult, it's like  1 christmas moring every 4y in apb , that supper excited feeling can change into dissapointment,frustration, anger verry easy when something is not living up to expectations SOONtm.
I'm guilty aswell to this, i don't like it but apb can still get under my skin some days.

But good initiative from you OP. Sometimes we forget to step back and look in ourselfs, free selfreflections for everyone and a cookie;)

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Let me clarify, if you want more than a small minorty of forum users to read your stuff, ALWAYS include a tl;dr. 

Just speaking from experience here. 
Can I get a TLDR on your post. Thanks.

Op's got a point if these crybabies keep crying left and right LO might start going silent on us
i mean not like G1 but they start think every time they put a new announcement  people are gonna start using it as a weapon

this community is toxic by its core.
To be honest here LO its giving a lot of hope to the playerbase in other hands trust is yet to be fully earned by some

Edited by Zalman18

13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just speaking from experience here. 
Can I get a TLDR on your post. Thanks.
tl;dr abos > zombies

5 minutes ago, Zalman18 said:

Op's got a point if these crybabies keep crying left and right LO might start going silent on us
i mean not like G1 but they start think every time they put a new announcement  people are gonna start using it as a weapon

this community is toxic by its core.
To be honest here LO its giving a lot of hope to the playerbase in other hands trust is yet to be fully earned by some

I think the community is more like a victim of domestic abuse with a bad case of PTSD from it. The fact that people are scared speaking out will making LO become like G1 was is pretty solid evidence of that.