Keshi

I don't get this community sometimes

So do we really want someone with zero experience in networking and coding working on that? Or would it maybe be ok to have them work on what they actually know how to do instead? Also it is not likely for them to hire a bunch of people just for that. First this game is most likely not making any money so why invest more into it. Second it is likely a ton of work to get anyone trained on the spaghetti code that is apb so that is even more time and money that this game does not deserve at this point.
They are doing what they can with what they have. Give them a break guys.

4 hours ago, neophobia said:
uhh... the weapon balance stuff is being done parallely to the engine upgrade... so... that's different from what he wanted.

(dunno about the trade, but i think that was actually afterwards - as he said, so i suppose you are right there)
No trade system would come prior to engine upgrade and so would trade system and so would weapon balance.

#EDIT: Also not sure if they would have a hard time hiring all the people they need because you know LinkedIn is a thing these days but the factor of 3.5 they can easily outsource that's not that specific, to be honest, and work is work so I think people over there will gladly take the job. Edited by YeOldLegends

I don't understand this community . I don't see any comments from old players ! write the participants who got into the game around 2015 . players who have 1000 -2000 hours of play . with 20.000 -30.000 total murders . it's good to be an expert sitting on the couch . 

4 hours ago, Yood said:

I don't understand this community . I don't see any comments from old players ! write the participants who got into the game around 2015 . players who have 1000 -2000 hours of play . with 20.000 -30.000 total murders . it's good to be an expert sitting on the couch . 

as an old player i think you’re an idiot who writes barely legible posts and isn’t worth trying to communicate with 
  • Like 1

listen to scammers and immature children . and everything will be fine .

On 7/13/2018 at 4:00 PM, CookiePuss said:
It wasnt the community.
The CEO reviewed the situation and recognized it for what it was... a bad idea.
the situation was created by the community, wasn't it?

52 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:
On 7/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, CookiePuss said:
It wasnt the community.
The CEO reviewed the situation and recognized it for what it was... a bad idea.
the situation was created by the community, wasn't it?
If I read his statement correctly, Matt thought the decision itself was a bad idea.
I find it hard to believe he is catering to a handful of players who happen to dislike Flaws.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:
If I read his statement correctly, Matt thought the decision itself was a bad idea.
I find it hard to believe he is catering to a handful of players who happen to dislike Flaws.

ok waid, I might have lost the thread somewhere, what exact decision was said to be a ba idea? Are we still talking about that streaming? Edited by LilyV3

Before this starts again just read the goddamn statement (+ additional 5 pages)
Don't start over again you will find you discussion there...

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

ok waid, I might have lost the thread somewhere, what exact decision was said to be a ba idea? Are we still talking about that streaming?
Like @TheJellyGoo said, read the thread.

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Wow, how did I miss that thread.
Now I feel disheartened with what happened.
Bullshoot sucks.

Although, it's reassuring hearing what MattScott had to say at the end.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:25 PM, CookiePuss said:

I have read this, I still don't see the bad idea, except for what some players did, nothing was wrong. No need to stop streaming or not having all stuff unlocked, I thinkt hats even good for showcasing and also realising how crap some stuff is for the streaming staff.  All I see is that the involvment of CM's thats common in orther game was yet again desteroyed by some Members of the community.

7 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I have read this, I still don't see the bad idea, except for what some players did, nothing was wrong. No need to stop streaming or not having all stuff unlocked, I thinkt hats even good for showcasing and also realising how crap some stuff is for the streaming staff.  All I see is that the involvment of CM's thats common in orther game was yet again desteroyed by some Members of the community.
I reread Matt's post, and found a few things that probably contributed to the problem...

imo, Lixil should be allowed to play/stream on a non-gm account, as all the community gm's are required. (If anyone doesn't know, community gm's can't ban, and can't play missions on a GM account.) However, she should still be allowed to play, so long as it's not an Little Orbit account. 

Lixil getting paired with the questionable team, well, that can be remedied by having either another play session with other members of Little Orbit, or her friends. (So long as no one is getting special treatment.)

Kinda reminds me of those Undercover Boss shows. 

7 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

The CEO (Matt Scott) decided it was a bad idea, not the community. 

13 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:
I reread Matt's post, and found a few things that probably contributed to the problem...

imo, Lixil should be allowed to play/stream on a non-gm account, as all the community gm's are required. (If anyone doesn't know, community gm's can't ban, and can't play missions on a GM account.) However, she should still be allowed to play, so long as it's not an Little Orbit account. 

Lixil getting paired with the questionable team, well, that can be remedied by having either another play session with other members of Little Orbit, or her friends. (So long as no one is getting special treatment.)

Kinda reminds me of those Undercover Boss shows. 

Lixil didnt "get paired" with them, she is friends with them and chose to play in a group with them on her stream. When people asked questions they were banned from her twitch (by other apb players whom Lixil made moderators) and then chat was changed to subscribers only so the only way you could talk was to give money. 
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Lixil didnt "get paired" with them, she is friends with them and chose to play in a group with them on her stream. When people asked questions they were banned from her twitch (by other apb players whom Lixil made moderators) and then chat was changed to subscribers only so the only way you could talk was to give money. 
Ah, didn't know that.
Censorship was a bad idea ;-;
thanks for the info

On 7/12/2018 at 2:00 PM, Seedy said:
unfortunately this is pretty much it in a nutshell.
I too really want APB and LO to succeed with the game. People who are always toxic here on the forum and in game towards others need to GTF right off the case. If they dont like whats going on then leave LO to do what they need to do to help APB.
Gl with most of the cry babies in this game.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

ok thats an interesting detail that was not written in his post, but then this specific thing should be preventet and not streaming in general.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

i think if they added the  "follower mode" thing and add an extra hour before you can chat, would of handled the things better than subscriber mode. But then again her moderators made the changes not Lixil herself....right? or am i missing something?

3 minutes ago, Keshi said:
i think if they added the  "follower mode" thing and add an extra hour before you can chat, would of handled the things better than subscriber mode. But then again her moderators made the changes not Lixil herself....right? or am i missing something?
Honestly things were pretty chaotic at that point with everyone getting banned from chat, and I immediately turned it off once I couldn't type, so I cant say for sure.

59 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Honestly things were pretty chaotic at that point with everyone getting banned from chat, and I immediately turned it off once I couldn't type, so I cant say for sure.

exactly..so if Lixil didn't specifically make the changes herself and didn't tell her mods to put it in subscriber mode, i don't think we can "blame" Lixil for it
But then again since it was pretty chaotic i guess they did what had to be done to keep the twitch chat clean. But that's just me lol
If i had a lot of people watching me and the chat is chaotic i'd do anything possible to stop the hate as well 

33 minutes ago, Keshi said:
exactly..so if Lixil didn't specifically make the changes herself and didn't tell her mods to put it in subscriber mode, i don't think we can "blame" Lixil for it
But then again since it was pretty chaotic i guess they did what had to be done to keep the twitch chat clean. But that's just me lol
If i had a lot of people watching me and the chat is chaotic i'd do anything possible to stop the hate as well 
Oh Im sorry, yes Lixil definitely told them to do it.
Chat was clean it was just a lot of "You know that guys been banned like 15 times right?" or "Why are you grouping with a cheater?". It wasnt like abusive or anything. I think the only swearing and stuff was done by Lixil, not in chat.
You can try and look for the VOD, but I think it's been deleted.

Edit: its still up, you can check it out yourself. Probably better than trusting my memory in the first place.
Edit: Lixil put it in subs / followed for at least a month only mode (Natzu's reaction is priceless)
Edited by CookiePuss

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Oh Im sorry, yes Lixil definitely told them to do it.
Chat was clean it was just a lot of "You know that guys been banned like 15 times right?" or "Why are you grouping with a cheater?". It wasnt like abusive or anything. I think the only swearing and stuff was done by Lixil, not in chat.
You can try and look for the VOD, but I think it's been deleted.

Edit: its still up, you can check it out yourself. Probably better than trusting my memory in the first place.
Edit: Lixil put it in subs / followed for at least a month only mode (Natzu's reaction is priceless)

No i did not know about this...
that's really F'ed up tbh..
I think lixil was at a point where anything she'd do at that point she would still be eaten up xD

On 7/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 7/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, Yood said:

as an old player i think you’re an idiot who writes barely legible posts and isn’t worth trying to communicate with 

That's correct except for the "idiot" thingy, is just a language barrier but we couldn't tell if he is actually someone interesting to talk with due to this.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:01 PM, Yood said:

listen to scammers and immature children . and everything will be fine .

This sentence is pretty clear indeed, and I partially agree.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, CookiePuss said:

Yet it seems he is catering to a handful of players who happen to like ...[insert a few names you want here]

On 8/1/2018 at 10:22 AM, LilyV3 said:

As always happened on APB. Wish the new management would be a bit more autonomous on their decisions instead of apologizing so much so often with us.

When was that APB player base became the ones who tells the game producers how to designs their game?

17 hours ago, Salvick said:

When was that APB player base became the ones who tells the game producers how to designs their game?

This started haappening when good designers were lacking (remember glory old games?) and then someone started making games people wanted even if they by design were bad. Thats a good tactic to get sales as customers do get what they want, but most of these games are mainstream trash. However with APB there is that problem of a vocal toxic elite that just tries to convince the designers their need is everyones need, and when designers listened to that lots of things will go horribly wrong.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1