Keshi

I don't get this community sometimes

People complained that G1 didn't interact with their playerbase. Thats an issue (well ofc it is)
We have people now trying to interact with their community and wants to stream the game and have fun (People are still hating)

What should the staffs do, live in social and stream "free 3d glasses" all day? or will that be a problem too because an ex-cheater has a chance of winning a 3d glass as well or those who spend allot on key to the world for those "exclusive glasses" will get offended calling it unfair?

Edited by Keshi
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Funny how g1 had GM's doing events and players trolled them.
Funny how tiggs streamed and got trolled and whatever.

It's not G1's fault that communication ended it's how players treated them. And I wonder how long it needs till LO acts the same. And then all these bad people can finally beat the Scapegoat LO for scewing up.

For me APB now turned into a social experiment and I just wanna see if LO goes the road g1 did and history repeats or if things happen different and how the bad parts of the community try to screw that up too.

other things I expect to die within the next 2 years:  Post reactions, Polls.

Edited by LilyV3
typoos, typooos everywhere.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

It's just people wanting something to cry about. A whole situation that was literally nothing was taken the way as if the world was going to end. One grabbed a pitch fork and more followed.

51 minutes ago, Keshi said:

People complained that G1 didn't interact with their playerbase. Thats an issue (well ofc it is)
We have people now trying to interact with their community and wants to stream the game and have fun (People are still hating)

What should the staffs do, live in social and stream "free 3d glasses" all day? or will that be a problem too because an ex-cheater has a chance of winning a 3d glass as well or something?

Its as if multiple people dont want the same thing. Unimaginable.

I mean yeah the loud minority can be toxic af but still.

Because some people wanted the attention for themselves, since someone they didnt like was getting somewhat more attention because they were playing with said person, the one's who couldn't help themselves had their child instincts kick in so they cry about it, if they couldn't be the ones to be there playing with the CM, then no one could, so they decided to ruin it for everyone

6oijnwbi637z.png

and some people feel proud of it, its sad how some people think that taking away positive things is a good thing, just because they weren't the ones that felt as involved in it or on the receiving end of attention.

• Like 3

If the staff are gonna play with streamers like kempington, ppl are gonna say omg look at em pocket gms.

If they are playing with obt/cbt veterans, ppl are gonna say omg they dont play with others.

If they play with silver district players, they complain hey they dont play with bronze dist players.

Its the same as you use explosive weps you're a noob, use percs ure a noob, use atac ur a noob, use nfas u're a noob and u shd learn to play, use condor/nano-p2w noob, yukon -fill it here-

Ppl gonna hate and complain. Its gonna happen.

Didn't really watched the stream, but oh man the drama that followed was something.

I don't get it as well, I'm quite happy to see the new management team actually caring, discussing openly with us and playing with us. People used to cry that mods / devs were never in-game, and now that they are, we'll still cry and nitpick about every aspect of their gameplay, people they plays with or the fact it's unfair they got guns to shoot us.

I think it's sad to see this getting cancelled after one try. I think that was a good idea, and I for one do not care if she got max rank and weapons through commands, or who she plays with.
Would it really be better to watch her struggle, probably getting streamsnipped and not having a good time instead of being able to group up with more players, face more of them and actually show some content?

I'd love to see a second go at that, and I'd watch it purely for entertainment.

Nice try to spread misinformation.
People didn't "hate" because she was streaming or communicating but because this was going Revomag 2.0. It's good that people reacted and hopefully stopped this while still in germ.
Last time I checked communicating and picking up favourite weren't the game thing. 
Oh, I know, I know..."friends". If those "friends" were indeed friends they would have told her how this is going to end but no time for that, gotta ego-boost.
Play with the rest of the staff and randomly pick people if you really wanna  play with the community.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 3

Well, stupid human beings exist.

btw.
WhY dID yoU nOt AccEpT mY fRieNdrEQuEs oN StEAm @Rubih

i don't even care about the stream and what happened i just want a fooooking matchmaking balance!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Misakaaa said:

i don't even care about the stream and what happened i just want a fooooking matchmaking balance!!!!!!

I just want a stable 144fps without having to leave my game on minimum but lixil isnt part of that team so 😕
35 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

The devs do streams? 

There was one yesterday (that i missed because this happend wihle i was at work but i saw the VOD on lixil's twitch)
50 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Nice try to spread misinformation.
People didn't "hate" because she was streaming or communicating but because this was going Revomag 2.0. It's good that people reacted and hopefully stopped this while still in germ.
Last time I checked communicating and picking up favourite weren't the game thing. 
Oh, I know, I know..."friends". If those "friends" were indeed friends they would have told her how this is going to end but no time for that, gotta ego-boost.
Play with the rest of the staff and randomly pick people if you really wanna  play with the community.

And thats the problem. Even if lixil chose to play with certain people, if she didnt then that would of been a problem too. If she played solo that would of been a problem too cuz she don't wanna play with the community... everything is a problem. It would be a problem too if she gave out free 3d glasses in social because others who paid for key 2 the world to get those glasses will find it unfair Edited by Keshi

Issue with who they grouped with the issue was grouping with a known cheater, who there is still proof of having cheated available.
And then there was the whole boosted account and banning people from the stream who questioned their choice of groupmates.
If you are a face for a company and are playing that companies game, you are still a face for that company and what you do represents that company.

If they were just solo and played with whom ever the system teamed them with that would have been a very different story.
Honestly Matt already covered most of this anyway, and it is the failed execution of the stream not the complaints that changed things.

if the developers will communicate in the game with you straight, early or later it will lead to abuse. developers should not have friends in the game. this should be completely limited.

Edited by YooD

It's just people with the same mindset as modern SJWs.  All they want is something to complain about.  They don't care what the end result is, as long as they get attention for complaining.  If they find the littlest shred of something they don't necessarily agree with they cling onto that for dear life and try to get as much attention as possible and flat out refuse anyone else's opinion, and in a lot of cases even facts.  When these people get all up in arms about little shit like what happened on stream they either don't understand or care that this is exactly what happened with the old G1 team.  At first they came in all bright faced and optimistic with frequent communication, the community treated them like shit for little things, it decreased the motivation for the team, they started making bigger mistakes, entire community turned on them, they stopped caring, no communication for months at a time, maybe a content release here and there, used the engine upgrade as an excuse to drag us along and keep supporting the game despite their poor performance, they ran out of funds, fired most of the team and eventually sold the company off to be someone else's problem.  I'm happy Androvald and Majik are still here though.

Now here comes Little Orbit.  They're currently in the bright faced optimistic stage, but they fully acknowledge the fact that there's some serious issues with the game.  Let's not let them get to stage 2, which is a lack of motivation due to constant abuse over little mistakes.  If Little Orbit takes the same path as the old G1 team did, the same people will be the ones to complain about it.  They bought a game that has been broken since it's original release 8 years ago.  The game itself is going to be partially to blame for a lot of mistakes that will happen in the future just because of how broken it is.  Mistakes are bound to happen, so lets maybe show a little sympathy when they do?  To me it seems like buying a car that had a few obvious dents in it with the intention to pop out the dents and get it on the road again, and then finding out the frame is rusted beyond repair, and then everyone hates you.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't worry too much about it. 
Don't forget that not much of the playerbase actually talk on the forums. There's a lot of lurkers. And even counting in the lurking folks it's still only a minority that sits on the forums. 
Even if all of us were to agree with the same thing, it'd still be a minority. 
As for the issue at hand, it was blown out of proportion (to forum standards) but MatScott pointed out that there were a few issues here and there.
It's best to put this matter behind us in the past, and for people to grow up and give people a second chance. Imagine being this buttblasted you're still angry at people for cheating in the past. Hilarious.
Matscott did point out that they've taken it as a learning example, so next time's gonna be better. 

• Like 1

It is almost like the community is made up of multiple members that have numerous different perspectives, viewpoints, and opinions of which many contradict each other. Weird.

• Like 1

Yes the majority do not use the forums, but what we have is a representation of the whole.
What we have to hope does not happen is that LO becomes what we had before and it is a slippery slope not a cliff. Things start small and if those are not handled while small they become another Person banning everyone that says anything they dislike. We do not want that correct?
One day it is banning everyone from your steam that says something you dislike, the next its the forums, then its in game. We must always be vigilant against the darkness! So say we all!

Basically this is what happened? Even the staff at this point understands that battle eye isnt working and isnt going to work in the future. So, she tried to get a bunch of cheaters to carry her on stream. o?

Edited by HOAX_X

11 minutes ago, HOAX_X said:

Basically this is what happened? Even the staff at this point understands that battle eye isnt working and isnt going to work in the future. So, she tried to get a bunch of cheaters to carry her on stream. o?

yeah bro spot on

you dropped ur brain back there tho, dont forget it when you leave

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
yeah bro spot on

you dropped ur brain back there tho, dont forget it when you leave
'Pot calling the kettle black' much?

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:
'Pot calling the kettle black' much?
the politically correct term is african american

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

It's just people with the same mindset as modern SJWs.  All they want is something to complain about.  They don't care what the end result is, as long as they get attention for complaining.  If they find the littlest shred of something they don't necessarily agree with they cling onto that for dear life and try to get as much attention as possible and flat out refuse anyone else's opinion, and in a lot of cases even facts.  When these people get all up in arms about little shit like what happened on stream they either don't understand or care that this is exactly what happened with the old G1 team.  At first they came in all bright faced and optimistic with frequent communication, the community treated them like shit for little things, it decreased the motivation for the team, they started making bigger mistakes, entire community turned on them, they stopped caring, no communication for months at a time, maybe a content release here and there, used the engine upgrade as an excuse to drag us along and keep supporting the game despite their poor performance, they ran out of funds, fired most of the team and eventually sold the company off to be someone else's problem.  I'm happy Androvald and Majik are still here though.

Now here comes Little Orbit.  They're currently in the bright faced optimistic stage, but they fully acknowledge the fact that there's some serious issues with the game.  Let's not let them get to stage 2, which is a lack of motivation due to constant abuse over little mistakes.  If Little Orbit takes the same path as the old G1 team did, the same people will be the ones to complain about it.  They bought a game that has been broken since it's original release 8 years ago.  The game itself is going to be partially to blame for a lot of mistakes that will happen in the future just because of how broken it is.  Mistakes are bound to happen, so lets maybe show a little sympathy when they do?  To me it seems like buying a car that had a few obvious dents in it with the intention to pop out the dents and get it on the road again, and then finding out the frame is rusted beyond repair, and then everyone hates you.

unfortunately this is pretty much it in a nutshell.
I too really want APB and LO to succeed with the game. People who are always toxic here on the forum and in game towards others need to GTF right off the case. If they dont like whats going on then leave LO to do what they need to do to help APB.
  • Like 1