Sign in to follow this  
Redeemed

Can we get another update on the recent server / networking issues (lag, warping, etc)

@MattScott

So, the game seemed playable for a few days last week, then something changed (constant DDOSing?) and over the last several days it has been garbage (at least on Jericho). I know I am not the only player experiencing this because district chat is on fire with how bad the lag / warping / stuttering / rubberbanding / hit reg is. I have seen several posts about this and have even replied to some, but haven't seen an official reply on what exactly is going on to rectify the issue so I made this post.

Is this lag / warping / stuttering / rubberbanding / hit reg something we are just going to have to live with until the engine upgrade (or beyond)? 

If so, that is fine. I'd just like to know what to expect because I'm strongly considering giving up trying to play again since it is hard to find it enjoyable under these conditions.

We have been living with it for years. So it should be normal for us now till they find a way to fix it.
P.S. it's not DDoS...just potato servers and netcoding probably

Edited by Keshi

23 minutes ago, Keshi said:

We have been living with it for years. So it should be normal for us now till they find a way to fix it.
P.S. it's not DDoS...just potato servers and netcoding probably

It's a mix of both. It's also why we have daily restarts.

37 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

why would you use a gif of that when you can just link to threatmap
norse's browser version doesn't feel very stable or i'd link that too Edited by Uru!

At this point I am going to assume the network code (written with C++) was poorly written and implemented on whatever beta version of Unreal APB is currently running. We are highly unlikely to see much improvement in regards to networking until the core is lifted to 3.5. Just my own theory, but doesn't hurt to speculate.

We have lived with unstable MS and servers that seem to blow up more than Baghdad does for years on end. Waiting a little while longer is worth it due to the dividends the updated core will provide.

The 6 days of premium was great, but if the servers continue to run poorly, I would recommend LO attempt more player friendly "gifts" or events for the whole community as compensation. That would offset a lot of the unease people may be harboring towards to company in regards to how the servers run.

Edited by indi

2 hours ago, Uru! said:

why would you use a gif of that when you can just link to threatmap
norse's browser version doesn't feel very stable or i'd link that too
It is like watching a lava lamp.

I'm not complaining about it at all, just wondering what, if anything, is being done at this point to rectify it. They were trying some stuff to fix it and temporarily it seemed to help, but now it is worse than it was before (imo anyway). If they have decide nothing more can be done until the engine upgrade besides server restarts, that is okay with me. Just wanted to know since there hasn't been an update on it in awhile. It is one of the major issues with the game, after all.

Edited by Redeemed

12 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:

You people really need to stop tagging LO staff.

I doubt they even look at notifications at this point given that they kept reputation/reactions open for staff.

Sign in to follow this