Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mitne

Stop listening to loud ones, start to listen to silent ones.

Recommended Posts

I look up APB forums everyday and i'm sick and tired of repeated scheme of threads which runs around where people:
1. Put their problem
2. Blame LO like this problem came from them
3. Compare them to G1 all of sudden when in past they excuse me but litteraly sucked their nuts.
4. Continue to be dickhead yourself in game, deny any changes - even positive ones or be a forum warrior which didn't play game for a while.

And to qualify. LO got this game for almost 3 months and some of your elements already demand what G1 never done during their few years career with APB.
Stop being whiny fuzzy bunny on forums - maybe change something in yourself, dunno lay off that cheats maybe? Be newcomer-friendly? There is no ultimate fix for community being toxic other than for community to change itself.
Majority of players don't even care about forums. They come in game, get wreckt by R255 Gold "Pro" and quit. Let's be honest, majority of players will be around low gold and high silver and most of you drive them out.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you listen to someone who is silent? 

They're silent for a reason... hence the term "vocal minority". They might be a minority but they're actually vocal. Don't complain that there's a vocal minority, if as the majority you're happy not saying anything or giving your opinion.

Also, i see too many people defining "vocal minority" incorrectly. Have you gone to analyse and tally-up every person in FAVOR and AGAINST every issue/suggestion that has arisen on these forums?

Until you do that, and bring some facts to support that on X issue, there were Y in FAVOR and Z AGAINST, and prove that those who were in favor/against are a minority, then you ought to stop assuming. This last recent issue regarding @Lixil and her stream for example, in the discussion initiated by MattScott, I saw countless posts telling Matt to ignore the "vocal minority". Yet i also saw countless posts in FAVOR of the discussion at hand actually being an issue. So until someone goes through every single post on that issue and can provide statistical evidence to prove that those who thought it was an issue are the "minority", people need to stop flogging around the term "vocal minority", without backing.

 
I think too many people are defining the "majority" as people with a reputation and status on these forums/game. They see someone with a reputation post an opinion on here, and assume that's the majority consensus, at least that's how it seems from what I have seen.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and also; EVERY OPINION COUNTS.

Just because YOU, as a singular individual, disagree with someones opinion, doesn't mean they're the minority. It's very easy to generalise and tell people there's some imaginary silent majority out there who TOTALLY agrees with you, but they're silent and they don't express their opinions on the forums, that's why they seem non-existent. 

Yeah.. ok then, let's try that out;

You're ugly. The silent majority agree with me. You won't know they agree with me because they're silent unlike the evil vocal minority who think you're NOT ugly. But trust me, this silent majority agree with me, therefore you're ugly.

LISTEN TO ME LO, IM RIGHT WITH THE MAJORITY OPINION WITH MY SILENT ALLIES!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, this is the thought police and I don't approve of your thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree weebs are the issue with the game tbh

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowXS said:

TL:DR - Get worked about silent majority and how he called me ugly so he can enforce his words with silent majority. Also get a little too worked up.

Aren't you a little too worked up about this conversation? Majority of this who counts are players in-game. They are in-game. Some of peps on forums don't even play that game, they just come for... I dunno... nostalgia trip? Myself - I'm worked up about vocal minority who constantly brings up personal problems over serious problems (Oh pls LO why does my ticket takes so long to reach, oh pls LO change that in my favor, oh LO is like G1, oh LO implement that - 5 seconds later, why you didn't implement that? It's genius).
Also I love how completly you ignored second part of my post while going on your rant... it looked like you partially read it and wrote your anger out.
I just leave this to sink in. But sure, continue in stagnation :
1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Stop being whiny fuzzy bunny on forums - maybe change something in yourself, dunno lay off that cheats maybe? Be newcomer-friendly? There is no ultimate fix for community being toxic other than for community to change itself.
Majority of players don't even care about forums. They come in game, get wreckt by R255 Gold "Pro" and quit. Let's be honest, majority of players will be around low gold and high silver and most of you drive them out.

I'm serious. Community needs to change. The reason why we aren't in top 10s of most toxic communities is because everybody forget about APB, mainly due toxic players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`m just checking admin tracker every day, I don`t see point reading this forum because of complains and useless topics people make ( yes, randomly checked this topic because of attractive headline ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Don't listen to him he is one of the loud ones!

Is this silent enough for me to be listened to???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just eliminate the loud vs. quiet mentality and create some polls.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you forgot

5. a myriad posts complaining about the people complaining
6. repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zealocke said:

*silent roars*

 


❤️
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

How can you listen to someone who is silent? 

They're silent for a reason... hence the term "vocal minority". They might be a minority but they're actually vocal. Don't complain that there's a vocal minority, if as the majority you're happy not saying anything or giving your opinion.

Also, i see too many people defining "vocal minority" incorrectly. Have you gone to analyse and tally-up every person in FAVOR and AGAINST every issue/suggestion that has arisen on these forums?

Until you do that, and bring some facts to support that on X issue, there were Y in FAVOR and Z AGAINST, and prove that those who were in favor/against are a minority, then you ought to stop assuming. This last recent issue regarding @Lixil and her stream for example, in the discussion initiated by MattScott, I saw countless posts telling Matt to ignore the "vocal minority". Yet i also saw countless posts in FAVOR of the discussion at hand actually being an issue. So until someone goes through every single post on that issue and can provide statistical evidence to prove that those who thought it was an issue are the "minority", people need to stop flogging around the term "vocal minority", without backing.

 
I think too many people are defining the "majority" as people with a reputation and status on these forums/game. They see someone with a reputation post an opinion on here, and assume that's the majority consensus, at least that's how it seems from what I have seen.
every single person on the forums is a part of the vocal minority, since a majority of players dont use the forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mitne said:

I look up APB forums everyday and i'm sick and tired of repeated scheme of threads which runs around where people:
1. Put their problem
2. Blame LO like this problem came from them
3. Compare them to G1 all of sudden when in past they excuse me but litteraly sucked their nuts.
4. Continue to be dickhead yourself in game, deny any changes - even positive ones or be a forum warrior which didn't play game for a while.

And to qualify. LO got this game for almost 3 months and some of your elements already demand what G1 never done during their few years career with APB.
Stop being whiny fuzzy bunny on forums - maybe change something in yourself, dunno lay off that cheats maybe? Be newcomer-friendly? There is no ultimate fix for community being toxic other than for community to change itself.
Majority of players don't even care about forums. They come in game, get wreckt by R255 Gold "Pro" and quit. Let's be honest, majority of players will be around low gold and high silver and most of you drive them out.

they only listen to people with 1200+ POSTS that dont even play the game, they are just antisocial s*** that stay on the forum all day and night thinking theyre in power just cause they have alot of posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:
7 hours ago, Mitne said:

 

they only listen to people with 1200+ POSTS that dont even play the game, they are just antisocial s*** that stay on the forum all day and night thinking theyre in power just cause they have alot of posts
You'd rather they listen to players that just joined the game and don't even have a proper grasp of it yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mitne said:

I look up APB forums everyday and i'm sick and tired of repeated scheme of threads which runs around where people:
1. Put their problem
2. Blame LO like this problem came from them
3. Compare them to G1 all of sudden when in past they excuse me but litteraly sucked their nuts.
4. Continue to be dickhead yourself in game, deny any changes - even positive ones or be a forum warrior which didn't play game for a while.

And to qualify. LO got this game for almost 3 months and some of your elements already demand what G1 never done during their few years career with APB.
Stop being whiny fuzzy bunny on forums - maybe change something in yourself, dunno lay off that cheats maybe? Be newcomer-friendly? There is no ultimate fix for community being toxic other than for community to change itself.
Majority of players don't even care about forums. They come in game, get wreckt by R255 Gold "Pro" and quit. Let's be honest, majority of players will be around low gold and high silver and most of you drive them out.

Hey, its you. Remember this?

https://bit.ly/2zypEqE

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say..will be used against you.

  Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShadowXS said:
I think too many people are defining the "majority" as people with a reputation and status on these forums/game. They see someone with a reputation post an opinion on here, and assume that's the majority consensus, at least that's how it seems from what I have seen.
Usually I try to avoid commenting in drama threads but it seems is the only forum content we have these days, and also I apologize because I usually avoid personal remarks against the person who makes a comment when we should discuss about the ideas and not about the people, but you guys are talking like true experts with forum accounts that were created the past month.

So what I think is that you guys might have some valid concerns to bring to the forums but you feel you are not being heard because of your forum post count or registration date?

Either if you are new players or if you are veterans who just recently joined the forums or just had to reroll a new account, you should know there aren't 2k to 6k active forum members every day as the current ingame population some times does, and even with the 400 to 600 online users we can have around here some times, we don't see +200 new threads every day and not a single topic out there gets more than 50 to 100 comments as much besides the ones that involves discussions with the staff where you can get a few more comments. Then if you check the views count, which I'm not sure but I believe it keeps counting the same users when they visit that thread a different day and also counts guests views, you'll see there's a roughly 1k to 2k views as average for relevant/staff posts with just a few of these getting more views than that, and for community posts you can see anything from 50 to 300 views with maybe a couple hitting +500 exceptions apart.

So is not only because a huge amount of players are people who are not used to browse the forums that are not being heard, ergo; the silent ones, also another bunch of people might read some discussions remaining silent just to avoid drama, because they don't feel comfortable commenting publicly here or they simply have any other reason they have to not post anything.

I just wanted to comment here to insist with something I keep saying these days, you shouldn't hesitate on create your threads or trying to reach privately with any of the staff members with your concerns guys, no matter your forum posts counts or registration date, but if instead of trying you just waste your time fighting each other between players where will be always natural to find opposite points of view. I don't think someone should feel is not being heard by the staff and other members of the community, but don't expect to have always a nice reply and a lot of 'likes' in your comments, just post and participate giving the best of you and if a discussion is over or it is derailed just move along and keep trying in the next post.

I support the idea of listening the silent ones, but also I feel a duty on try to be part of the louder ones to bring ideas and concerns I hear from these silent players I see everyday ingame and in other social networks out of the forums. I think this is a good thread to discuss.

Regards everyone.


  Edited by Salvick
Some typos.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:
Hey, its you. Remember this?

https://bit.ly/2zypEqE

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say..will be used against you.

 
its just a prank bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...