Power level of the OSCAR  

104 members have voted

1. 1. The OSCAR is...

• Underpowered
    • Perfectly balanced
    • Unbalanced

33 minutes ago, The Suspect said:
"I ttk'd some static silver once so OSCAR must be super op"
Try to record such stuff during actual mission against decent golds who know how to user covers and strafe.

OSCAR is absolutely fine, no need to touch it with greasy "nerf" hands.
That has nothing to do on the matter and your point isn't valid, replicate the same thing at that range with any gun hip firing and see for yourself. The context in this situation doesn't matter, standing still or moving, you can't do that with any other weapon. Does the rank of the enemy matter? Does his skill level matter? Does it matter if he is standing still or moving if i hit all my shots? A weapon behaves the same independently of the enemy you are facing.
Do a little critical thinking, but by your answer i guess you can't. Edited by Scoreson
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scoreson said:
Again, try to record such stuff during actual mission against decent golds who know how to user covers and strafe.

But knowing how you like dethreating to green/bronze and farm roles in bronze district I wasn't surprised you gonna backpedal and write some bs excuses.

3 minutes ago, The Suspect said:
Again, try to record such stuff during actual mission against decent golds who know how to user covers and strafe.
You didn't even read my post, did you?
6 minutes ago, The Suspect said:
But knowing how you like dethreating to green/bronze and farm roles in bronze district I wasn't surprised you gonna backpedal and write some bs excuses.
Now you are going completely off topic.
I love when people make stuff up and let go free their imagination, where did you get this from? I wonder how someone can come up with stuff like this, are you part of some sort of community similar to that of ffbans? That would explain somehting, or do you simply like to spread misbelief just to encourage toxics behaviours?
Anyhow, i won't even bother reading your posts anylonger, thanks for your constructive criticism and critical thinking (Kappa).
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoreson said:

The oscar is the only weapon that lets you do this.

Four burts and perfect ttk, i shot the 5th one because i wasn't expecting him to die so quickly at that range.
It's almost impossible to replicate the same thing (again, 6 shots and perfect ttk) with a carbine while hip firing considering the bloom and rng, at that range.
That's the problem way too much range for a gun this accurate and mobile, i think it would be a good idea to scrape off 5m from its effective range.

Edit: well, what @Kempington said.

It's a bit anecdotal, but you did prove the point about the OSCAR being rewarding if you can keep it on target perfectly.

However, as others have said, you were shooting a stationary target who didn't react to you at all. This scenario is not as commonplace as people may be led to believe.

In most cases, you're bound to drop 1 shot out of a burst or two, resulting in a 5 burst kill or even 6. Tie that up with it's inherent 0.84 TTK and add on the additional burst or two, you're hitting somewhere between 1-1.3s actual TTK. That's assuming you don't have a shootout scenario with cover.

It's great if you catch somebody off-guard, since it can get the shots down range quickly and accurately, but if you're in a headsup gunfight, the opponent can do a few things to throw you off. However, not many will be shooting back. That's where the OSCAR comes into its own. At around the 25-40m mark, there are very few weapons that hipfire like the OSCAR does. Some can do it, but with less guaranteed success or consistency. Others have to rely on marksmanship mode and accuracy loss management.

I feel the OSCAR is a run and gunner's wet dream. It's a slower TTK on paper than most other weapons, but it is definitely capable of pulling it off more frequently then said others.

As many have said, this is one of the few weapons that has a huge skill requirement and rewards said players who do so.

The OSCAR is completely fine as it is, it's one of the few weapons that should not be touched at all, in the clip you can see that i don't overpower any of the opposition because of the weapon, purely because i played it better. Basically what Kemp said. Edited by GavidaR
spell checking

9 hours ago, Kempington said:

I'd say it's one of the most balanced weapons in the game.

Easy to pickup and use, hard to master. This gun in the right hands can tackle most scenarios, but, it does have various weaknesses that can be exploited to give the OSCAR user a hard time.

Maybe shaving 5m off its effective range may help, since it can do some pretty insane things at mid-range, but that might just kill its ability to counter n-tecs effectively.

I'd say leave it where it is. It's a great mobile weapon with tons of potency, but can be caught out.

Why reduce it's range when it's not even as effective as an ntec/atac? I mean it's not a CQC gun, besides players use HVR's in CQC with even more devastating effect. I say leave it as is, it's balanced and not very common... for a reason.  Sometimes it isn't the gun that's OP but the players... and any gun they use will seem OP.

Now they are manipulating the vote system with 1000 accounts how Pathetic!