MattScott

Lixil’s public stream

Honestly it really wasn't that bad as the vocal minority tries to make it. Sure, it wasn't handled "professionally" but anyone can tell that Lixil had good intentions. I just don't see why this blew up because a few people were extremely vocal about this. 

The real reason why people are so tense about this is cause they're so traumatized with G1. It's a shame that people can't put the past behind them. 

1 minute ago, Inquitoria said:
Stop being a fucking child.

They were unbanned for a reason.
Everyone was unbanned because LO couldn’t determine who cheated and who didn’t. But the person in question has admitted to cheating in the past.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

rip staff play sessions

another "glorious" win for the shit community

was it worth it tho?

bro how your gonna have an opinion when your gameplay consists of Social 24/7 ?
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm going to weigh in again here, and then I'm going to lock this thread.

First, I've read every response so far. Rest assured I am 110% committed to continue trying new ideas on how to interact with our community. That's the only way this game will grow.

Second, I still believe there were problems in our approach in this case. If we are going to stream, we'll do it on an official channel - as representatives of the company. If we play against players, they need to know and agree to that possibility before they join the match. And we can't use anything we haven't earned as a regular player - unless it is a special event setup that way.

I don't view our response as letting a vocal minority win. I'm not taking anything away from the community. I view it as a learning opportunity. 
We're going to try stuff like this again.
But next time, we'll do it better.

Lastly, here is my opinion on the subject of Lixil's team members:

Everyone in the game right now has started with zero strikes against them. I'm not interested in toxicity, finger pointing, or treating any one any differently for past accusations or bans. We only unbanned people where there wasn't any evidence to support the original ban.

However, that is not the same thing as condoning cheating.

If we have proof of cheating or breaking our ToS, we will ban you. Period. That's a shame, and every ban feels like a failure on our part to salvage that player. But APB is a challenging game that takes a lot of practice to master. Using cheats to gain an advantage destroys that fun challenge. If we don't get it under control, it will destroy the game. It's our job to make sure that doesn't happen.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7