MattScott

Lixil’s public stream

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
You cant please everyone so pleasing the loud minority is just going to make things stale because we cant have anything nice thanks to people who feel the need to be 100% emotionally involved.

This whole incident has "this is why we can't have nice things" written all over it indeed.

Also people are fucking spoiled little princesses/princes/puppies when it comes to getting slapped on their wrists in twitch chat. Streamer has always the authority (and responsibility) to moderate the chat as strictly as necessary, and if people still keep spamming unwanted things after they have been told to stop, there are tools which will stop that autistic behaviour of yours. You can blame yourself and those aroud you if streamer feels necessary to limit/remove chat priviledges from some or all user groups. (Emote only mode is my favourite way to stop chat from being assholes and ruining everything.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:
Yes, because the "questionable" people having pocket GM's and Gamersfirst staff special friends was devastating.  And even though that wasn't the case here, and I do sympathize with Lixil's sincerity and good nature... the hint of it was enough to start a huge wave of backlash.  MattScott is correct in his analysis. Special friends of staff members reminds a lot of people of favoritism and false bans... something we're barely recovering from.

And it's not a "shit" community... It's just a community that's been "shit" on for a long, long time.

Having staff stream isn't a "bad" idea... but the way it was starting out would have ended very, very badly. Special events are cool, because as he said, it's not staff and their circle of private friends playing the PVP game AGAINST the playerbase. Thank you Mattscott for your maturity. And thank you Lixil for trying, and also for learning some hard lessons WITH our community.  You will be loved and respected so much more when we can trust you will be everybody's friend and champion than playing in missions in stacked groups "against" us. I for one was relieved to hear from her voice that she wasn't really Tiggs.
this wasnt the first time shes grouped up with players - including "questionable" ones - but no one gave a shit those other times

bottom line is one group of drooling idiots who dont like a different group of droolers got mad when that other group got the slightest attention from the staff, and threw a temper tantrum

now no one gets anything, and community interaction has been cut in half

if thats worth it to you then honestly nothing i can say is going to change your mind
  • Like 4

We still plan to do dev streams and special events.

This is a very good Idea! I rly wanna see our game devs 🙂

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
this wasnt the first time shes grouped up with players - including "questionable" ones - but no one gave a shit those other times

bottom line is one group of drooling idiots who dont like a different group of droolers got mad when that other group got the slightest attention from the staff, and threw a temper tantrum

now no one gets anything, and community interaction has been cut in half

if thats worth it to you then honestly nothing i can say is going to change your mind
Out of all these comments you always respond to mine. Get off my fkin nads boy.  I simply happen to agree with MattScott's decision, as I see maturity in it.  There's LONG been problems with STAFF having special relationships with CERTAIN members of the community, and MattScott wants to nip that in the bud.  It doesn't mean we are a shitty community or that Lixil is a bad person.  I didn't even copmment on that thread.  A lot of people may disagree, but I for one see WISDOM in MattScott's comments.  I'd rather have LO staff playing anon to learn the game, then being buttkissed and potentially corrupted by very shady cliques.

Why is there a G1 Admin in the clan Sovereign on colby ?
-----
"Hi, I have a story about how a GM that plays with Clan Sovereign on Colby helped ban someone, at the behest of his clan.

A group of players have recently been playing on the Colby server as "Carebears." There's about 12 of us, including some well known streamers (Grillsmash, RemedYYY, HungryE, Hazie), and we all play with Carebear names and wear funny costumes.

BestFriendBear (AKA TACO) was banned two weeks ago, for the following video, which I give my opinion on...

This video was enough to get someone who has been playing APB since RTW, without a single bad mark on his account, banned.

A day or two prior to his banning we played against a clan called Sovereign, who told the GM "Byrt" to look into getting us banned, to which Byrt replied that he would need videos...here's the video of that....along with a few sound bites of them solidifying their opinion that we cheat.

This gave us a pretty good idea how TACO got banned, but further investigation was needed.

The day TACO was banned Byrt posted in this thread that condemed his involvement as GM in the clan Sovereign...

So Byrt has no power outside of a dev tag?

We decided to ask people we know who were in sovereign and/or knew sovereign to find out. The information they came back with was that all of sovereign knew about it (before we did), Byrt had gotten hold of the video (from LAPDalonzo apparently), but said he didn't pull the trigger on the ban.

So we let it go and have been trying to handle it through support for 2 weeks. All support tickets submitted multiple times by multiple people have been replied too with the same cut+paste responses..."banned for third party software, the issue is closed."

However, a mumble conversation last night with GM Byrt yieded that he DID ban TACO for that 5 second video and that taco would not be unbanned under any circumstance...a declaration to which all of the members of sovereign present for this conversation (and there were a few) dutifully agreed.

...so he wasn't banned for third party software, he was banned by a GM who looked at a video and plays with lots of people who want carebears members banned. Here are some sound bites of what Sovereigns leader "Sword," and fellow members "Tyberious" and "Brenton" think of us."

http://apbdb.com/track/274454/

Edited by Rebelliousness
  • Like 1

Hey, i havent seen the stream, but wanted to add my 2 cent aswell.

First of all, its a nice move to stream some gameplay by the CM, no doubt.

But to avoid drama, it would have been a better choice to play with 1 more dev as a two man group while having alliance for open mission enabled (yes, there is an option in the group settings).

I do agree, there should have been some research beforehand, who you as Dev going to play and stream  with. Having a high amount of viewers for different reasons doesnt say anything about someones reputation.

I would recommend to give it another try playing and streaming with other players, but with a 2 man group and alliance for open mission enabled. So everyone has the chance to join you guys and noone can complain and blame you guy.

On a side note, if you guy consider to give it a second chance, you guys should think of joining the gold district, it will fil up quickly, if they see Devs in the district.

/cheers

I would call the players reaction

Storm in een glas water (language NL) (loosely translated: much ado about nothing) 

No no no, you got it completely wrong Matt. Allow Lixil to stream normal mission play sessions. Just forbid her grouping up with anyone and make her play from zero like any new player would. No one will have anything to complain about that way. 

I'm out of reactions today so poo to the downvote brigade, Lixil did nothing wrong, it is sad that the hackusations got so bad it ruined such a good thing. 

LO can play with or against me any day, I don't care what gear you have or who you roll with, it's just a game. 
(Please play with me I need friends.)

Edited by KnifuWaifu

I wrote this in another thread related to this topic, but i thought i'd post it here as it's the official discussion on this. Here's my two-cents;

Regarding the whole "pro" scene crap; this is 100% typical of old-G1, to be best friends with certain players, showing blatant favouritism, taking those "pro-players" suggestions and reports as accurate and fact without investigation, never questioning their online "friends" because of how agreeable the staff had become to these arse-lickers, and giving them all the attention and praise.

I understand the staff want to maintain an open and healthy line of contact with their players and their player-base overall, to get first-hand suggestions, feedback, make the players feel heard and what-not. But there's a reason why bigger gaming companies/corporations aren't allowed to be formal with their players, they are forced to maintain a professional front by disallowing their player-base to indirectly affect their judgement as an authoritative figure, by maintaining an unbiased perspective at all times.

And by becoming "friends" with certain players, you create a bias whether they like it or not. That's fact. It just happens, you'll always have a preferential opinion of someone who you know and like, over someone you don't. This can NOT be allowed to happen, again, as it did with old-G1.

There were so many false bans from old-G1 based on player-reports by these "pro" players whose ego couldn't take a loss in-game, and then being manually banned by that "pro" players GM friend. Or GM's nerfing/buffing weapons based on these "pro-players" suggestions, merely based on their friendship with said player, whereas what they're meant to have is an open and unbiased view, and ignoring all suggestions made outside of the official channels such as the Forums. Also when i say GM I'm referring to actual staff, not these community-GM's who you know only applied to be community-GM's to quench their thirst for power on here.

At the end of the day LO can NOT be friends with the player-base. They can NOT build relationships or a rapport with the player-base. As good as their intentions may be, it can't happen, because it creates a bias and it ends up in a conflict of interest. And those players who do suck up to LO staff in a non-professional environment such as Discord, and lick their arses in the hope of getting preferential treatment, are slimy cockroaches.

Same with streamers. I find it great that they're promoting the game to about 30-40 players (who i'm sure 39 of those people are already players of the game), but you can NOT show any preferential treatment towards these people. You can not become their friends. You can not allow them to have any say, their words can NOT carry any more weight than a Rank 30 Bronze player, and by becoming "friendly" with them you allow room for bias to manifest.

Keep it professional.

Again, just my two-cents.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dopefish said:
@MattScott I think this is an overreaction based on a vocal minority of the community creating drama where there isn't any. I'd be disappointed if developers of a game didn't actually enjoy it enough to play it themselves, and I believe it's a good way to get involved with the community. Likewise if there's an issue with someone playing a maxed out character, it implies there are bigger issues related to balancing.

There's no possible way to know of what all the different players thinks of each others, and singling people out based on their "reputation" in the community is way worse than just grouping up with whoever is playing the game at that moment.

It's also skewed to think of someone losing in a PVP game as something inherently bad.

You've shown a humble and open attitude to criticism in the past, which has been positive, but I think this is taking it too far. Sure, you could argue that a community manager stirring up controversy for any reason, no matter how justified or not, might be arguably bad as they're representing the company they're working for, but I think you just need to make a proper distinction between if it's a private stream, or an official one.

- it s nice to see staff ingame, don t matter how they come into it
- don t listen to those "forum veteran" who think they have more right because they have 1000+ ego post
- the community is not the 10 person complainin all time long on social
- come ingame plz , 95 % will be happy to see LO ppl
- no matter if we win or loose, we just need fun ( some forget dat those days )

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BriannaMae said:
1 hour ago, Dopefish said:
@MattScott I think this is an overreaction based on a vocal minority of the community creating drama where there isn't any. I'd be disappointed if developers of a game didn't actually enjoy it enough to play it themselves, and I believe it's a good way to get involved with the community. Likewise if there's an issue with someone playing a maxed out character, it implies there are bigger issues related to balancing.

There's no possible way to know of what all the different players thinks of each others, and singling people out based on their "reputation" in the community is way worse than just grouping up with whoever is playing the game at that moment.

It's also skewed to think of someone losing in a PVP game as something inherently bad.

You've shown a humble and open attitude to criticism in the past, which has been positive, but I think this is taking it too far. Sure, you could argue that a community manager stirring up controversy for any reason, no matter how justified or not, might be arguably bad as they're representing the company they're working for, but I think you just need to make a proper distinction between if it's a private stream, or an official one.
"Vocal minority" Immediately you are oppressive and presumptuous. This vocal minority are trying to put down cheaters. If you have an issue with their motives maybe you should do some digging as to why they are so cautious about the issue of cheating in apb, (i.e. ffbans.org, past abuse by g1). If you still remain stubborn then you should probably try to reason with them. Is it so wrong as to desire an optimal gaming experience?
"There's no possible way to know of what all the different players thinks of each others, and singling people out based on their "reputation" in the community is way worse than just grouping up with whoever is playing the game at that moment."
How can you say that cheaters should not be treated differently to others? Do you support them? If you are not doing everything to your ability to stop them you are aiding them or atleast your motives are flawed/elsewhere/pre-occupied. The particular player "Flaws" and other names, has been banned somewhere around 5-15 times and unbanned. Do you really think it is out of their control to know whether or not they may be cheating or had in the past? Since "name and shaming" is not allowed, I will just direct you to their twitch clips, which should be sorted by 'top'.
You also believe that setting rank to 255 is not inappropriate, stating it is somewhere along the lines of it being 'overpowered' to be r255 which is out of the control of said GM/CM. Game balance aside, why should a GM be given the ability to circumvent the entire system and have free rule over their accounts? Where is the incentive to progress our characters for hundreds of hours if we just verse opponents who cheat their way to maximum level? Do they set a healthy example?
Losing in a PVP game is bad, players strive to win as many games as possible. I am not sure how you could possibly have the opposing mindset. Sure some people may sit in social or dethreat on purpose but these are outliers. You think that a GM/CM should be able to play as they please because it doesnt affect anyone, however it strongly does.
  • Like 1

I have that horrid feeling even if Lixil had taken precautions, like creating a new account, play solo and so on, it would have come to that point anyway.
Sadly a minority has thrown away a big opportunity for the entire community.

That whole incident actually makes me also assume that a banned player probably never can fully redeem its reputation. LO lifted lots of bans to give banned players a second chance and also give the community some kind of restart. Sadly this restart probably wont happen because there are some individuals who digging out some stuff from the past on any opportunity given to tarnish the reputation of a certain community member, his/her clan or team mates.

What reputation? The guy is probably one of the most toxic members in the community and literally insults everyone he plays with and against. He has also been known to attack people personally based on how they look....

Why should anyone respect anyone that’s  cheated in the past?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@MattScott You really need to clean up some people from this community, because the level of toxicity here is above Reddit's one and it destroys almost everything new at the game. you gotta stop getting effected by those people and do whatever you want, it's your game not theirs' it's not open conclusions what this community wants because the community destroyed the game from the beginning instead of supporting it.
  • Like 1

Literally just play the game with random matchmaking as a new character, and use STAR/non-ARMAS/non-JT weapons. Or have multiple LO staff playing in the same team. I don't see the issue. If anyone gets buttmad over losing to that, they need to git gud.

5 minutes ago, Regenance said:
@MattScott You really need to clean up some people from this community, because the level of toxicity here is above Reddit's one and it destroys almost everything new at the game. you gotta stop getting effected by those people and do whatever you want, it's your game not theirs' it's not open conclusions what this community wants because the community destroyed the game from the beginning instead of supporting it.
That's not how managing a game works.
You can't just do as you please, that'll work against you.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
That's not how managing a game works.
You can't just do as you please, that'll work against you.
I know, but when you have a community full of toxic people whom is completely against new things in the game, sometimes you gotta forcefully cleanup the mess. 
Wait, if Lixil just newly entered the game how did she had a high rank? o-o we pay for things like that and she just had all things freely? that's some kind of abusing powers of community manager. 

Opened the stream.

CM on voice with people who were banned previously for cheating

Closed stream.

Returned to OW.

• Like 5

Just now, iPlumbum said:

Opened the stream.

CM on voice with people who were banned previously for cheating

Closed stream.

Returned to OW.

Stop being a fucking child.

They were unbanned for a reason.