MattScott

Lixil’s public stream

So in closing (punintended) The stream did not go well.
groups should be former event winners (if they ever did another gameplay stream)

2nd chances can only go so far if people can't get over the fact they cheated in the past (like hiring ex cons)
Some people just cheat because they fight cheaters, Unbalanced weapons, and general bs like premade groups (still not an excuse but they feel forced to cheat).

In a free game where winning gives nothing but "slightly" more xp/$ and no IRL gains cheating is just down right silly.

i honestly don't see why it's a problem to have ubalanced teams

that's a part of each and every PVP based game .

Matt, Lixil Those who are criticizing their initiatives in an unconstructive way are the same ones who pray and work day and night for APB to close the doors, do not listen to them all they most want is to see the whole effort of LO collapsing they eat popcorn

What we saw here was basically a setback, there was nothing wrong with Lixil's stream outside the fact that his gameplay companion's past history was dubious. Lixil has been doing a lot of work for the community and deserves all the compliments, as proof of this was her magnificent initiative of a stream playing APB. I do not see anything wrong with a GM playing with advanced weapons and / or advanced VS other players (as long as it does not use GMs-only items or commands), only crying kids would complain about something as magnificent as a GM playing on their District.

Please Matt do not abandon the gameplay stream, apenes mature and improve the magnificent idea that Lixil had, doing this you can even make adjustments that would help other creators of content of APB would not be great to join the useful to the pleasant? imagine how much information Lexil or even other team members could get by streaming with the players in real time, this would add an excellent experience not only for the players but also for the future development of the APB.

i am really loving how this 'non cheater' term and the 'former cheater' term is coming to fruition.

this community is so bad at what it wants it moves to blames an entire group of players who just play the game and call them 'non cheaters' while a majority of these 'non cheaters' do not even bother with the forums.

just accept the fact that people thought it was wrong for a staff member to play with someone who was banned before and who a lot of people assume still cheat. no need to blame an entire group of people for your baby problems.

this community acts like children when theyre insulted, their opinions are hated, or when people agree on something. 

sure it sucks patootie that they dont wanna do public streams anymore, but that is what happens when you try to mingle with the company representatives and the only players who get involved have been involved with the wrong cliques of people in this game

its not anyones fault except for the community's for ending the streams. If no one formed little groups between themselves and actually discussed things it wouldnt ever happen. but this game has too many adult children running about. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Rather than discontinue gameplay streams entirely, I would suggest something else. Create a special district type that you can spin up on command, that must be manually selected from the existing advanced district selection menu. This special district would exist specifically for Little Orbit staff to enter into and play against the normal populace using the standard action district rules. No special treatment for anyone, etc. The staff member wouldn't be allowed to directly group with anyone, but would still be able to get teammates from the matchmaking as per the usual. Normal players would be able to join this district while it's active, and would have the possibility of being matched with/against the staff member(s) while in it. As they would have to intentionally join this district, there is no basis for any complaints like we've seen around this incident.

So like a solo queue district?

I feel outright disallowing devs from doing PvP is too heavy-handed. I like that Lixil is trying to get more engaged with the community, they just have to make sure to not step on any toes in the future.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Of course

This is the best thing I have heard. For me it doesn’t matter who you are. If someone has cheated in the past they deserved to be banned under the account and name they cheated on. They ruined the gaming experience of so many players and shouldn’t be allowed to keep their name or account. Don’t get me wrong I believe in 2nd chances but not getting unbanned on an account they cheated on. All the white knights here will probably try and defend the former cheaters but they are too stupid to understand that the cheaters are the reason the game lost so many legit players and I doubt these players want to come back seeing former cheaters being unbanned, like everything has been forgiven. I can pm you proof of a lot of players who have admitted to cheating with footages that should stay banned under their main account.

@MattScott
I also think you should look into creating an official apb discord channel. I don’t think it’s a good idea promoting a discord or having your staff in an discord run by a community member. It might be fine now but there will be issues in the future and you don’t have full control
over it.

I have been a member of this community since the very beginning and I have seen so many bad decision from G1. I just hope you guys learn from their mistakes and I have a lot of faith in the current CEO and I hope you will do what’s best for the community.
  • Like 6

Funny thing is people are complaining about former cheaters when I look at some of the current top streamers for this community and know how they've done much worse things like post nudes of a fellow apb player (without permission) or ddos random streamers/people for fun. I'm waiting for the day that the person who used to ddos people for fun gets mod access on here and is able to see all of our IP addresses. I'm sure he's gonna have a field day. This whole community is toxic and is rotten from the roots.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BillehBobsHoe said:

Oh goodness did we just scare the staff away from ever playing the game on stream?

I think yes, it happened. Be glad we had that guy with remote psychological skills to describe the personality issues and judge the job of people through internet.

But at least we'll make sure no one is happy, not the players who got involved with the staff but neither the ones complaining about not getting involved with the staff, they are even.

Hope Matt can reconsider this in the future because the expectations of the community to have a chance to socialize with the staff were high, these players complaining about this are in a need of help.  Edited by Salvick
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
When your hatred turns into the harassment of every player you "believe" is cheating, you are literally accomplishing nothing and making things worse for everyone else.

PS. Feel free to PM me any proof anytime 😜
When you closet cheat and claim people harass cheaters when we complain just to keep us quiet and you can keep on your stuff wont make it better for anyone.
Its thanks to complains that they are improving anticheats as best as they can (i hope). Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 2

what im gettin from this is dat game was so unplayable for new players dat even GM give up on playn 😄

Leave her alone, abusing a woman what a piece of cake

Hope this will be reverted in the future. We finally get a CM activily wanting to play and get involved with the community and she receives a backlash for playing with a rather "dubious" player.

Undeserved, tbh.

Perhaps playing with randoms fixes this? Ask if they want to join you on discord at the start. I'm pretty sure a lot of players would like that. I would. 

Yeah get em!

GcHv.gif

@MattScott I think this is an overreaction based on a vocal minority of the community creating drama where there isn't any. I'd be disappointed if developers of a game didn't actually enjoy it enough to play it themselves, and I believe it's a good way to get involved with the community. Likewise if there's an issue with someone playing a maxed out character, it implies there are bigger issues related to balancing.

There's no possible way to know of what all the different players thinks of each others, and singling people out based on their "reputation" in the community is way worse than just grouping up with whoever is playing the game at that moment.

It's also skewed to think of someone losing in a PVP game as something inherently bad.

You've shown a humble and open attitude to criticism in the past, which has been positive, but I think this is taking it too far. Sure, you could argue that a community manager stirring up controversy for any reason, no matter how justified or not, might be arguably bad as they're representing the company they're working for, but I think you just need to make a proper distinction between if it's a private stream, or an official one.
  • Like 6

Testing and learning must be maxed chars and all eq from armas! But at gold or silver servers.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

rip staff play sessions

another "glorious" win for the shit community

was it worth it tho?

Yes, because the "questionable" people having pocket GM's and Gamersfirst staff special friends was devastating.  And even though that wasn't the case here, and I do sympathize with Lixil's sincerity and good nature... the hint of it was enough to start a huge wave of backlash.  MattScott is correct in his analysis. Special friends of staff members reminds a lot of people of favoritism and false bans... something we're barely recovering from.

And it's not a "shit" community... It's just a community that's been "shit" on for a long, long time.

Having staff stream isn't a "bad" idea... but the way it was starting out would have ended very, very badly. Special events are cool, because as he said, it's not staff and their circle of private friends playing the PVP game AGAINST the playerbase. Thank you Mattscott for your maturity. And thank you Lixil for trying, and also for learning some hard lessons WITH our community.  You will be loved and respected so much more when we can trust you will be everybody's friend and champion than playing in missions in stacked groups "against" us. I for one was relieved to hear from her voice that she wasn't really Tiggs.
  • Like 3

Just now, Dopefish said:
@MattScott I think this is an overreaction based on a vocal minority of the community creating drama where there isn't any. I'd be disappointed if developers of a game didn't actually enjoy it enough to play it themselves, and I believe it's a good way to get involved with the community. Likewise if there's an issue with someone playing a maxed out character, it implies there are bigger issues related to balancing.

There's no possible way to know of what all the different players thinks of each others, and singling people out based on their "reputation" in the community is way worse than just grouping up with whoever is playing the game at that moment.

It's also skewed to think of someone losing in a PVP game as something inherently bad.

You've shown a humble and open attitude to criticism in the past, which has been positive, but I think this is taking it too far. Sure, you could argue that a community manager stirring up controversy for any reason, no matter how justified or not, might be arguably bad as they're representing the company they're working for, but I think you just need to make a proper distinction between if it's a private stream, or an official one.
Yes they can test out new content e.g. if rank is increased to 295. No they should not have free access to everything within matchmaking. If you have ever played community run servers, e.g. garry's mod or minecraft then you would know why we do this. Minecraft, "donation rank" costing $500 dollars, gives access to overpowered gear... all admins have this. Meanwhile they also have access to spectate other players and therefore the power to abuse. It is a slippery slope, if you are ever an administrator then you should either, a) play entirely as a normal player, possibly anonymously. b) refrain from playing your game competitively. Would you have an issue with a professional csgo match including the lead game developer as a participant?

This is how our GM used to play with us on BR servers, it was extremely fun to interact with the players while it was sending out bursts of fireworks, and it was also fun to try to play without the administrative commands, it also used to take all players online in one district up a building or something and was playing with everyone.
Obviously the method they used on the BR server would not please the NA / EU players, but for the BRs it was really hilarious to interact with it in this way.

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Lots of unintended drama today, so I’m going to unpack it a little.

Here is the context:
My Community Manager came to me with an idea. She is a former streamer, and she asked about playing APB on Twitch. The goal was to show players that we are making an attempt to learn the game and how it works. On the surface it seemed harmless enough, so I approved it.

I was wrong.

She did her first stream, and it went terribly bad. 

First, I wasn’t specific that I needed her to start from scratch with a new character. Clearly having her play a max rank character was not well thought out.

Second, APB is PvP. That means if her team wins, then another team loses. And that fact alone opens up too many questionable areas. It’s all well and good for me to run around a district and get shot at. Sure, you may not get to be the one that catches me, but I will eventually lose. And a player will always be the one to win.

Lastly, she got paired with questionable team
mates. If we lack the history of knowing everyone’s reputation, then we shouldn’t be streaming.

Lesson learned.

Our CM works tirelessly to create a fun space. She’s had a rough couple days. Everyone makes mistakes, but her heart was in the right place.

There will be no more gameplay streaming.

Going forward none of the LO staff should ever be in competition with our players. It’s impossible to prove they didn’t get extra high end gear that would unbalance the teams.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited for clarity. We still plan to do dev streams and special events.

Got to love the people out there...
Maybe just get in a few games with minimal toys and rank player? I am positive that we all want LO people to come play with us.
Dont be disgruntled by this Matt.. We all (or at least 99.999% of us ) know you mean well.
APB community has always has scum toxic arseholes. They will always try to bring the rest of us down at every turn.

Honestly reading this more, this is kind of depressing, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater matt...

36 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
When you closet cheat and claim people harass cheaters when we complain just to keep us quiet and you can keep on your stuff wont make it better for anyone.
Its thanks to complains that they are improving anticheats as best as they can (i hope).
uube cheating, me cheating, who is next? could it be cookie, or zombie? it's time to SPIN THE WHEEL. 
  • Like 1

Just now, Similarities said:
37 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
Its thanks to complains that they are improving anticheats as best as they can (i hope).
uube cheating, me cheating, who is next? could it be cookie, or zombie? it's time to SPIN THE WHEEL. 
Skay cheating, Orod cheating, QU33N1E, cheating. It could be any one of us!
  • Like 1

the community makes it clear that they dont want nice things so they try to ruin it for everyone, and so they did.

• Like 1