MattScott

Lixil’s public stream

3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

What happened with the claim that there was people banned for asking Lixil why she played with "cheaters"??? I didn't understand that part...
kojFOtm.png

Lixil had people banned only in her own stream due to the drama they were bringing up over said formerly-banned players. She simply doesn't like naming and shaming. Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

What happened with the claim that there was people banned for asking Lixil why she played with "cheaters"??? I didn't understand that part...
kojFOtm.png

viewers (or possibly just one viewer) were banned from her twitch chat for asking about the flaws cheater/ban situation, and at one point she removed chat privileges for a majority of viewers as well

Sad turn of events. I'm capable of seeing what players were upset about but don't agree with the over reaction. Also feel that with this response to said overreaction it's being validated. I didn't catch the stream but the prospect of watching any staff play APB would be entertaining, especially if they started to play so often they got quite good.

22 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I've got the train already departed from the station, but i got to say: i have mixed feelings about the whole situation:

1) While i truly get the point about Lixil playing with an EX-CHEATER, someone who has stated that cheated in the past, that individual has already been amnestied.
We have a new anticheat measure in place, and if that player tried to play with some kind of 3rd party advantage while alongside Lixil, he would certainly get banned.

2) BUT, i also get the point the community stated here, this fact about playing with an EX-CHEATER. While i stated that in my point of view it has no problem at all, Lixil should avoid it.
Remember the GM applications? The fact that an applying player should have never been banned once to be eligible? So, why this filter is so strong in one case, and not for the other?
I get that Streaming and Choosing a GM are different situations, but as an staff member, both should have the same weight.

Lixil isn't God, she doesn't know everything in this world, specially who has cheated or not in the past: How to solve this problem?
Answer: If i'm not mistaken, it has been said by iDisney. Lixil should avoid playing with random players out of nowhere. Staff should only play with players who have won some kind of event, where one of the rewards would be being added to a party with the Staff members. That would avoid part of the drama, but it isn't 100% sure because APB community strongly tends to overreact and create cancerous whiny posts, free toxicity, etc...

I highly recommend that Lixil should never stop streaming her gameplays like Tiggs did, that was a big mistake letting the community get thru her nerves.
But she now knows that APB community has some shady shit attitude flowing from some users who try to "problematize" any situation, turning something into a chaos, so she needs to raise some "malice" over it.
Do solo gameplays, be kind to players, harsh to the ones who deserve it, do events and stuff and that's it. Any further interaction = chances of getting toxicity from "malicious" players who want to link you to Tiggs as a CM, and ruin your life.

Any reasonable and knowledgeable player can watch said players aim/crosshair placement and judge immediately whether they are using cheats. Anticheats are another story, I myself have triggered HWID bans from fortnite and permanent botting bans on runescape without ever cheating/botting. They are unable, to an extent, to differentiate between pro players and aimbot. Although this may change in the future,

Also you say they should play with players who win events, this is literally the definition of bias. And just by playing with a winner of an event doesnt guarantee they are not cheating, in fact the chances of someone to be cheating as a winner is more likely. Edited by professionalgamer

7 minutes ago, Poperon said:

I get that Streaming and Choosing a GM are different situations, but as an staff member, both should have the same weight.

Answer: If i'm not mistaken, it has been said by iDisney. Lixil should avoid playing with random players out of nowhere. Staff should only play with players who have won some kind of event, where one of the rewards would be being added to a party with the Staff members. That would avoid part of the drama, but it isn't 100% sure because APB community strongly tends to overreact and create cancerous whiny posts, free toxicity, etc...

I highly recommend that Lixil should never stop streaming her gameplays like Tiggs did, that was a big mistake letting the community get thru her nerves.

Do solo gameplays, be kind to players, harsh to the ones who deserve it, do events and stuff and that's it. Any further interaction = chances of getting toxicity from "malicious" players who want to link you to Tiggs as a CM, and ruin your life.

1: Because there are requirements to being a GM. Not to play the game.

2: An ex banned player could win an event. It would also still exclude a large portion of the player base who have no ability to win events to play with the CM.

3: You cant please everyone so pleasing the loud minority is just going to make things stale because we cant have anything nice thanks to people who feel the need to be 100% emotionally involved. Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1

Rather than discontinue gameplay streams entirely, I would suggest something else. Create a special district type that you can spin up on command, that must be manually selected from the existing advanced district selection menu. This special district would exist specifically for Little Orbit staff to enter into and play against the normal populace using the standard action district rules. No special treatment for anyone, etc. The staff member wouldn't be allowed to directly group with anyone, but would still be able to get teammates from the matchmaking as per the usual. Normal players would be able to join this district while it's active, and would have the possibility of being matched with/against the staff member(s) while in it. As they would have to intentionally join this district, there is no basis for any complaints like we've seen around this incident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nanometic said:
6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

kojFOtm.png

She banned them from her chat I believe, not in game.

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:
Lixil had people banned only in her own stream due to the drama they were bringing up over said formerly-banned players. She simply doesn't like naming and shaming.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

kojFOtm.png

viewers (or possibly just one viewer) were banned from her twitch chat for asking about the flaws cheater/ban situation, and at one point she removed chat privileges for a majority of viewers as well
Ty.

I hope now Matt understands the damage that cheaters create and keep creating even with their trash presence.
  • Like 1

What's rly sad 😕 
It would be interesting to watch how Lixil learning how to play with community or with her friends

Edited by DopeSV

I hope now Matt understands the damage that cheaters create and keep creating even with their trash presence.
Who started spamming the twitch stream? Non cheaters
Who created the thread initially? A non cheater
Who blew up the issues? Non cheaters
Why are we changing things now? Because of non cheaters.

What did the person (who was as far as anyone knows) wasn't currently cheating do? Play the game.
Yeah cheaters are damaging the game.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

What did the person (who was as far as anyone knows) wasn't currently cheating do? Play the game.
this wont end well

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
1 minute ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

this wont end well
if everyone cheats then there is no problem 99999999 iq

Just now, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

I am sorry that you hate non cheating players.
And its pretty understanable coming from you...

I hope one day you can find your free cheating game where everyone can have fun cheating to each other ;)
  • Like 2

Just now, Excalibur! said:

I hope one day you can find your free cheating game where everyone can have fun cheating to each other 😉
Pretty sure its not non-cheaters they hate, its people like you who stir the pot, they hate. 
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiida said:
Lixil had people banned only in her own stream due to the drama they were bringing up over said formerly-banned players. She simply doesn't like naming and shaming.
There is no differentiation of 'her stream' and LO, LO has vicarious liability. Her actions directly reflect the company and therefore must be representative of it as a whole and as such any action upon a user should be dealt across the board in accordance with the ToS.

34 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Of course
great to hear!
can't wait for some people to be magically gone again :^)

15 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I hope one day you can find your free cheating game where everyone can have fun cheating to each other 😉
if you're actually calling out uube then all i have to say is x'DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

Expected to see fun (and probably clumsy) dev's gameplay stream - got streams shutdown announce instead. It's starting to feel like APB is cursed.
Devs, please, re-consider. Or add PvE district to avoid "vs our players" situation 😉

thanks for the explanation . PS suggest you do not continue to contact this company . the road to hell is laid out with good intentions . if you want to play in person - the use of administrative resources is not allowed . No one can know your personal accounts .

15 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:
Yeah you are right. Cheaters actually play the game and enjoy it, make rmt business... they give a good use of the game. While we just complain all the time about them instead of enjoying the game. How cancerous we are!!!
Who am i to hate on them?
When your hatred turns into the harassment of every player you "believe" is cheating, you are literally accomplishing nothing and making things worse for everyone else.

PS. Feel free to PM me any proof anytime 😜 Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Rather than discontinue gameplay streams entirely, I would suggest something else. Create a special district type that you can spin up on command, that must be manually selected from the existing advanced district selection menu. This special district would exist specifically for Little Orbit staff to enter into and play against the normal populace using the standard action district rules. No special treatment for anyone, etc. The staff member wouldn't be allowed to directly group with anyone, but would still be able to get teammates from the matchmaking as per the usual. Normal players would be able to join this district while it's active, and would have the possibility of being matched with/against the staff member(s) while in it. As they would have to intentionally join this district, there is no basis for any complaints like we've seen around this incident.

GM's are not so special as to have their own private district...

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

-snip-

Hello @MattScott,

if I'm honest with you, I wouldn't go that far and tell her to stop streaming APB missions. I would love to see you guys approaching the issue differently and let her stream missions or whatever but she should be solo'ing to skip the huge hate which appears grouping up with community members.

I'm aware of the fact that APB: Reloaded isn't a singleplayer game and of course it favor teams and it's build around teamplay. However, she'll gain and receive knowledge, feedback and understanding how difficult it's getting into APB. It doesn't matter if she plays in green/bronzie districts but she obviously will learn from it, a lot more than playing with high ranked players who keeps "carrying" her through the missions - doesn't matter who it's (sorry for the word carrying!). The community loves to see a CM/Dev streaming APB for sure and I'm sure we all would appreciate that but it's really difficult to find the right rail to keep everyone pleased without creating drama and this probably only possible when she or however of the staff plays alone, at least while streaming. She might learn the game from the harsh and difficult side but it's pretty important since she'll understand and see what's missing to APB to keep the game new player friendly and make it more helpfully. Also streams like that always create nice disussions in terms of improving APB, helping new palyers and more but also a little bit of drama of course too.

I'm, not trying to tell you to completely change your statement but I still would like to see you guys talking about the issues before instead completely turning it down. I think Lixils idea was great but she wasn't aware of the issues which can occur with the community.
  • Like 1

@MattScott please don't take it wrong, I think some players are really happy interacting with the staff of the game and they deserve it, even if I don't agree with something or I just couldn't take part of it, it always makes me happy seeing others having a good time and doing great things to enjoy.

I was too late to post my reply in the other thread but had the chance to tell it directly to Lixil and part of what I said was exactly that being able to interact with the players in her personal time will always gets mixed with work, but this is also something unique for most of us and although I barely got a chance myself to play with Lixil or any other member of the staff I've been happy for these players who are getting closer to the management of the game and I that's why I think it is time for this community to adapt and stop bringing the past.

Also I think there's a misconception about the competitiveness of this game, it is true that the portion of competitive players are mostly awesome players who wants 'the best' for the game, but APB is also the casual and average players that are looking to chill and socialize and maybe have some relaxed fun, I think there's where people is still feeling they are being ditched away from participating in the community.

Indeed you already seen plenty of times how here on forums a lot of times someone brings a concern or an idea and besides if its bad or good, some people is harsh towards other players just because they "are silver", but these players might be simply someone with high latency, bad performance or just a grown person who returned home tired from the work and can't even bother on trying to play competitive but still gets delighted for the visual features and the mechanics of APB.

I think that if anything such as the faceoff event, official or public private streaming or simply the GMs offering to play with everyone is going to be arranged, it should be properly announced on forums with some considerable anticipation to let people spread the voice in other social networks were the players are in contact with people who might get interest to return or even bringing  new players.

My two cents for an issue that I wish didn't happen but hopefully will provide valuable lessons.

Edit: as always, thank you so much for your effort towards transparency and communication with this survivor community. Edited by Salvick
  • Like 2

Welcome to APB where everyone has their own little crews they hang out with and anybody who beats you is a cheater or a "bad player" and must be made fun of.

Ijt553f.gif

The non-cheaters in this game are more aids than the former cheaters. They're the idiotasses who encourage drama over issues that aren't a big deal and they're the same people who dickride the cheaters in their own inner circles claiming they are legit while demanding cheaters from other crews be crucified immediately. Hypocritical shitlords.

tenor.gif

Sucks Lixils stream didn't work. I didn't watch it, but I could've told you well in advance that it was going to go down 100% exactly the way it did. Welcome to APB. There is no ruleset or gameplay change LO can do that will ever make the community of this game happy. People are so overly paranoid and delusional about everything around here that they will always find a way to complain and rage about something. The more you try and cater to their needs the more needy they will become.

Dgdy7av.gif

EDIT: Don't believe me? Scroll up and read all the petty arguing and hackusating in this thread. Players like Uube have been around forever and last I checked he wasn't ever banned. But idiots will be idiots and whiners will always mindlessly hackusate. Common Sense sold separately.

Edited by Ohshii
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

There will be no more gameplay streaming.

Just an idea, but maybe an in-house staff-only match that gets streamed? I'd watch.