MurkTheMerc

Weapon Cosmetics

Some people are all about how they look when they shoot or how they shoot their guns, I'm one of them.

Under your weapon roles would show a drop menu for the weapons you currently own under that type.

Each weapon has its own record of kills. These would still count towards the overall role.

For certain kill milestones for that specific weapon, you could unlock accessories such as sights, stocks, rail covers, horizontal/vertical grips and magazines. These are PURELY COSMETIC.

These can be unlocked in game only or include a pack of sorts on ARMAS. If there is a pack on ARMAS, I suggest there be some cosmetics you can only earn from reaching a kill milestone for said gun. There could also be certain cosmetics only obtainable by purchasing the pack, this move is dependent on the devs.

Silenced weapons will still be separate weapons or to make a weapon library smaller and specific for simply a gun such as the ATAC 424, it will earn its kills as the ATAC 424, not as a ATAC 424 'BodyGuard' but a ATAC 424 'BodyGuard' will still contribute to the ATAC 424's role. So in this case, silencers can be the only purchasable cosmetic that does effect how the gun works, but will be specific to that weapon system so if there is an overhaul, people right now, if they own a silenced model of that weapon that is not a preset but has vacant mod slots, that weapon will be removed from their inventory and they will be given a silencer mod for that weapon in its place. If the weapon is a preset model, you will retain that weapon as it is unmodifiable.

If you buy a preset version of a weapon, the accessories on the weapon will become available for you to customize your weapons cosmetics. Wither or not a player will get the Silencer mod from a preset, again is a choice by the devs since it, on some weapon types, have differences, such as the Assault Rifle silencer's only downside is less hard damage and it has no recoil buffs, it simply removes the tracer and reduces its sound where as the Sniper Rifle silencers, reduce vertical recoil but reduce its damage drop off by 7m.

Picture below is to be used as a reference for accessories to be used on the weapon systems available to give people a better idea of what they will be able to play with.

a6eb114352f046cbec1dfc55e7997a8d.jpg

• Like 16

I made a "similar" suggestion about having visible mods in weapons, it could be way easier to implement than this since there're not many weapon mods.

This honestly was in the base concept for APB but i dont know where it went, cuz at one point you were meant to be able to put decals and stuff on yoru guns like the cars and charicters but that i know for sure was disallowed by g1 due ot the cost and strain it would put on hteir servers when they first bought apb

2 hours ago, CANNAN said:

This honestly was in the base concept for APB but i dont know where it went, cuz at one point you were meant to be able to put decals and stuff on yoru guns like the cars and charicters but that i know for sure was disallowed by g1 due ot the cost and strain it would put on hteir servers when they first bought apb

It was the ability to paint the guns that got washed.

What I'm looking for is purely just weapon accessories.

5 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:
It was the ability to paint the guns that got washed.

What I'm looking for is purely just weapon accessories.

If custom decal on a texture layers was costly and potentially additional work load for both staff and the servers, Do you think custom gun accessories and rework of all guns is going to be viable.
This is something that would take probably at least 3 years if the servers don't strain from it.

12 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

If custom decal on a texture layers was costly and potentially additional work load for both staff and the servers, Do you think custom gun accessories and rework of all guns is going to be viable.
This is something that would take probably at least 3 years if the servers don't strain from it.
That's why it's a suggestion. Can't put it down till ACTUAL staff says anything, like wither or not it would hurt the servers, so I'm not really sure where you're getting these numbers. Edited by MurkTheMerc

On 7/15/2018 at 8:29 PM, MurkTheMerc said:
That's why it's a suggestion. Can't put it down till ACTUAL staff says anything, like wither or not it would hurt the servers, so I'm not really sure where you're getting these numbers.
Shes getting that because of what i said, As the main reason why g1 washed the idea of guns being paintable winch was a realtime worlds thing was because of the strain and cost.  effectlying the skin system is just that, minus the player customization.

Well if they could with current technology implement this Cosmetics I will be happy but I think that may cause some troubles.

Edited by AnimePL

On 7/31/2018 at 5:10 AM, AnimePL said:

Well if they could with current technology implement this Cosmetics I will be happy but I think that may cause some troubles.

What troubles?

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I would like lipstick for my .45 AP
thank you

You know some G-King would do it.

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

The newest loot boxes.

Weapon Accessories.

Uubeh Nuubeh the loli necromancer.

But my previous post still stand, LO, take all of my money, just make this happen.

I really hope when the Engine 4 is out, we get actual reload animations, and some visible mods in weapons.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:13 AM, TheKeanuReeves said:

I really hope when the Engine 4 is out, we get actual reload animations, and some visible mods in weapons.

For a solid week after coming back to the game, I kept dying often to thinking I was done reloading with a round in chamber as soon as the mag was in the gun. Boy was I wrong for that week.

Seeing some further customization that doesn't effect gameplay itself would be appreciated.

• Like 1

@MurkTheMerc

There is currently 1 gun in-game that does what your after "Visual weapon mods"

La Rocha from what you can see is using a high mag scope (and a few more if you can spot them)

On 12/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, Zolerox said:

@MurkTheMerc

There is currently 1 gun in-game that does what your after "Visual weapon mods"

La Rocha from what you can see is using a high mag scope (and a few more if you can spot them)

He's talking about weapons usable by us, the players. La Rocha's gun is just a unaccesible model(Poorly designed too) that is competely uncustomizable and can be only seen in two places, ingame with La Rocha himself and on the loading screen of himself that pops up every now and then.

What he wants is cosmetics like ACOGs, Foregrips, Rails and etc to be unlockable and to let us have more personalization to our favoriute guns other then just skins.

• Thanks 1