Sign in to follow this  
PraiseTheSun

Some idea's

Hey!

This game has many issues. I'm sure LO is aware of it.

First of all, I think the warp/lag issue has to be fixed. In another post there was a short term solution which might work. Force /timesync every x amount of minutes. This shouldn't be too hard (I suppose) to be done. It does reduce the warp/lag you see on screen from another player slightly, but every bit counts.
In the long run there should be a more permanent fix on the warp/lag issue. It makes PvP legit horrible. It are not some little lag issues, more like a player warping around all over your screen. I hope LO knows that this is a big issue.

Second, I think there should be something done on reuniting the community. As I remember most people are just jumping on tents, waiting for bloodsport. This of course is not how this game is supposed to be.
My suggestion about this is making PvP-zones, keeps and harvesting worth it again. This game has a very nice lore, however PvP-zones is where end-game used to be. I would recommend to make one PvP zone (personal favorite is the District) optimized. FE has many PvP-zones which are empty.  One or Two PvP-zones should be enough to not split the community too much.

-If keeps would provide some sort of buffs keeps might be worth it. Like every x amount of keeps give you a higher tier buff. Like higher  DT (deathtoll) gain, x% higher speed that your harvester drop nodes. The faster drop rate of nodes from harvesters might make it for PvE'ers and PvP'ers more attractive to harvest again.

-Maybe improving the amount DT you gain in PvP zones might make it more interesting for PvP'ers to PvP in a PvP-zone instead of just doing bloodsport.

-Make factions important! Back in the game a lot of people were bound by their faction. Nowadays a lot of people just fight for their clan, this isn't something bad, tho. However, in PvP-zones you do fight for your faction. Often you will notice people do fight their own faction just for the sake of PvP. In some other games I have been playing there are some systems with "Faction ranks". As example you can fight for your rank or simply use a vote system depending on the faction lore. Within Chota and Trav a fight system where the winner wins the rank or where your rank can be challenged could be totally awesome. Just looking at the faction's lore. This could make people more determined to fight for their faction.

In case, this gives non PvP'ers an unfair advantage, however it would follow the lore of the game!

The PvP-community is an important aspect in this game. If there would be no PvP'ers, crafters would have less jobs! This is of course my opinion.

Another thing which crossed my mind. Make more bosses like the gore bosses. It does unite people to fight a boss. Introduce new items, gear or weapons which need items from special (strong/non solo/duo-able) bosses. I would recommend that you do still need a lot of DT to create those things, so that PvP-zones attract multiple types of players. Since PvP-zones are in this game for more reasons than just to fight. For just some simple mindless fighting there is bloodsport.

I hope the LO will read this and that the community would add some more idea's!

Greetings! 

One idea that I've seen that looks quite interesting that I was told about is about at weekends, there would be an increase to deathtoll,XP gain, and crafting times. Kinda like GTC for your faction but throughout a the weekend. I think this would be a really cool idea to be added!

• Like 1

Besides the lag, what is a huge issue, I think uniting the server at a few locations is important also. Action attracts people, also new people!

Make it so that I can get into my friend's car so I can save on fuel! This is such a simple idea, prompt the player with a message like "_ wishes to enter your vehicle" and if they accept, they can enter the vehicle as a passenger. This would be such a neat feature!

3 hours ago, Hella Ella said:

Make it so that I can get into my friend's car so I can save on fuel! This is such a simple idea, prompt the player with a message like "_ wishes to enter your vehicle" and if they accept, they can enter the vehicle as a passenger. This would be such a neat feature!

I remember hearing that Icarus had trouble implementing this because of engine problems, they did try to make multi passenger vehicles. If LO can find a solution I'd love to be able to see this