tries

what the hell man

so like, how can i run battlefield 4 or other intense games on ultra just fine but im literally getting only like 20 fps in apb ON MINIMAL.

It makes the gameplay for me uplayable and it's really annoying and I'm not sure what the cause is.

some might say "ooh its the optimization" which is probably the cause but like i dont understand how some other people say the get like 100 fps

Edited by tries

Just now, NotGoabea said:

upgrade your cpu lol

Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz..... i dont think my cpu is the problem l000000000000l

11 minutes ago, tries said:
13 minutes ago, NotGoabea said:

upgrade your cpu lol

Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz..... i dont think my cpu is the problem l000000000000l

Thats low tier cpu for apb.

You need to upgrade.

12 minutes ago, tries said:
14 minutes ago, NotGoabea said:

upgrade your cpu lol

That's weird. My 4.0 Ghz I7 4790k pounds CPU with a smooth 100FPS when i'm not streaming. 

21 minutes ago, tries said:

so like, how can i run battlefield 4 or other intense games on ultra just fine but im literally getting only like 20 fps in apb ON MINIMAL.

It makes the gameplay for me uplayable and it's really annoying and I'm not sure what the cause is.

some might say "ooh its the optimization" which is probably the cause but like i dont understand how some other people say the get like 100 fps

APB wasn't built in the same age as BF4, you can spout on all day your cores but APB will just ignore them, it doesn't do high end stuff because high end stuff didn't exist when APB was made. 

Those getting 100 fps are probably using the Advanced Launcher, you won't get anywhere with APB's generic settings unless you find a top tier PC for 2011. 

4 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

You need to upgrade.

i fail to see how an 8th gen i7 is low tier for apb lol

4 minutes ago, tries said:
10 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

You need to upgrade.

Pretty sure he's joking.

I'd suggest taking a look at what you're running while running APB.
I'm on a similar CPU and I have no issues what so ever, and I don't use the advanced launcher.

Whoops, 

Your forgot to sacrifice virgins and goats in the name of our lord and saviour, Processor Lord. 

Edited by Abby

I use a stock i7-6700k without Advanced Launcher and get 120fps in all scenarios with minimum in-game settings, at 1920x1080. It might be your graphics card which is causing the issue. Try turning the godawful bloom off, see if that helps. My AMD card really doesn't like Ambient Occlusion or bloom.

Try repairing your installation, and try setting the graphics preset to high rather than minimal. If you're using a laptop with two graphics cards, make sure the game running with the dedicated graphics card rather than the integrated one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tries said:
2 hours ago, iPlumbum said:

You need to upgrade.

because 3.6GHZ vs 4GHZ or even 4,4 is not much. Also, try to chekc your temperatures, maybe your system runs much hotter in APB than BF4 and clocks down due to heat.

APB afaik uses 32 bit and uses one core

so unless ur cpu can get super hot and still run great you are fucked

41 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

maybe your system runs much hotter in APB than BF4 and clocks down due to heat.

no. APB doesn't even push any newer CPU's AT ALL. Also plumbum is trolling?... *SMH*
And your statement is not true at all. 3.6 is the base clock, and it will turbo to 4.7 if needed.
3 hours ago, tries said:

You fucked something up somewhere. I have the same CPU and run APB at 120 90% of the time.
Did you remove the plastic from your cooler? :^)

I suggest you follow what Andro said.
if anything, format your PC and try again.
Edited by Tobii

I was just about to say that 3.6Ghz might not be good enough for APB but if it's supposed to boost to 4.7Ghz, I think there maybe something wrong in your motherboard's voltage regulators or you may have inserted your CPU cooler wrongly.

It helps slightly to unpark your CPU and to change the affinity with the APBprogram process to use all 6 cores (right click on process within task manager)

5 hours ago, tries said:

BF4 is a modern cpu and gpu intensive game(if u playing conquest) while apb is cpu intensive for an intel core 2 duo in a pc that used to have windows xp. Pray that UE3.5 wont make things worse...

it’s a conspiracy the devs have randomly selected you to have rock bottom performance 

20 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s a conspiracy the devs have randomly selected you to have rock bottom performance 

Another case of The Man trying to keep us good folk down.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, tries said:

That's some absolutely terrible performance, here's my only theories to why.
1: You have 8x Anti Aliasing selected in the options causing you to run out of Vram.
2: APB is using your iGPU instead of your graphics card, if you're on Nvidia open "Nvidia control panel", press "Manage 3D Settings" and under the "Program Settings" tab, select APB and make sure "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" is your Graphics card.

If you're on AMD then it's similar but i don't know the details

3 hours ago, whitecrystall said:
That's some absolutely terrible performance, here's my only theories to why.
1: You have 8x Anti Aliasing selected in the options causing you to run out of Vram.
2: APB is using your iGPU instead of your graphics card, if you're on Nvidia open "Nvidia control panel", press "Manage 3D Settings" and under the "Program Settings" tab, select APB and make sure "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" is your Graphics card.

If you're on AMD then it's similar but i don't know the details
I've done this in the past it's good info for those having trouble to try.