Sign in to follow this  
janga

HVR nerf

So since the hvr is being nerfed I guess we wont be able to do stuff like this anymore 

it won’t do as much damage in the same scenario, but i doubt that will be an issue if you keep tossing a full damage hvr shot and 4 grenades at every player

• Like 2

if you throw all 3 of your low yields within a minute, you should be ip banned and put onto the sex offender registry list for 12 weeks

Edited by Iggyazaleaomg
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, jangamanga said:

So since the hvr is being nerfed I guess we wont be able to do stuff like this anymore 

See that stuff doesnt really bother me cuz its so dependent on rng.
/shrug

hah, you did 3 dmg for an assist.

The crouch shot quick-switch will still be very much doable.

The jump-shot bs later down in the vid may not be however, and I'm quite fine with that.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

The crouch shot quick-switch will still be very much doable.

The jump-shot bs later down in the vid may not be however, and I'm quite fine with that.

jump shot and moving one won't be, and even then most crouch shots don't wait until full accuracy in cqc. Its only meant to deter in in close quarters, not mid+

from the sounds of it its makeing a sniper a real sniper..an i like that... nano+HVR..     my combo

8 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

hah, you did 3 dmg for an assist.

Partially hit by nade.

this (beginnign move)  should still work, they said damage is accuracy dependend, and that shot was pretty much with high/full accuracy. So i don't see why this shouldn't work anymore. The later jump shots should do less damage, but how much is a more interesting value to see. might be it still works to kill people often enough if they are predamaged.

TBH, the most simple solution would have been making N-HVR not even shootable during jump and done.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

TBH, the most simple solution would have been making N-HVR not even shootable during jump and done.

And THAT nerf I would be okey with.
No... instead they want to damage N-HVR itself as weapon.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:
And THAT nerf I would be okey with.
No... instead they want to damage N-HVR itself as weapon.

well, that would nerf exploits like jumpshooting, but the entire easy to use, hide and pop out for extreme damage mechanics thing would stay and so the meta it is currently in. The question is what the N-HVR's role shuld be. They could give it a good delay of like one second or 1.5 after moving before crosshair even starts deblooming. it would take away a lot mobility as offset to the high damage. But beign behind a wall and doing the popup shootin from a higher location is what really puts the N.HVR in a situation without any counter. there near no time of exposure for the user and he can't be shot by nades if the location doesn't offer a good trajectory to get them there. and thats something that won't change. So whats the role of the N-HVR or better, what should the role be? an low mobility defender role? that could be done. but then the offense capabilities will havily be limited, and that means countering a N-HVR gets harder because obir/obeya have currently no good position. Maybe that would make HVR a bit more wanted again as mobile offensive sniper. Its nearly unused atm. The balance would need various weapons to be changed, given the role LO wants the N.HVR to be in.

Don't worry, you can always abuse the n-tec and low-yelds spam if you really need to win :)

Do things like what? Tag a guy with RNG?

Do you know how much life that guy had anyways? No.

So... I am not seeing the issue here. It hasn't happened, and you are acting like it'll do 0 damage.

29 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Thats why you nerf its movement and not the rest...

I honestly don't see why so many people seem they want to keep the HVR as it is, it's completely busted for more than 1 reason and there is no simple solution for fixing it. The damage is way too high and it would still be a very strong gun even if the damage was reduced to 750, but even then qsing would be extremely easy to pull off since a lot of the people qsing are already shooting 2 bullets into a target before firing. It needs more than a simple QS nerf as the majority of players who use it doesn't even QS and it's not even that big of a part of the gameplay outside of CQC in missions or FC. A nerf to the HVR would have to include a nerf to the range as well, probably. Currently the most common way to play it in missions distrcitseem to be to pull 3 of the bastards out and camp at 100m, you go to take 1 out? cool once you've cleared them all at least 1 or 2 has already respawned and can fire at the point again from close to render distance. 

The best way to deal with the HVR would probably have to be to force people to use some kind of scope or add a sway mechanic since slowing the user down isn't really doing anything but making the weapon feel more clunky. Also add some kind of spawn system to make it so players can't spawn within LoS of each other.
  • Nerf damage to 750 (down from 850)
  • Add sway mechanic (It's currently way too easy to use for how much damage it deals)
  • potential fix to the spawn system (Would (hopefully) fix a long list of completely broken spots where you either spawn in LoS of the HVR or 300m away)
I'm pretty sure this would be enough of a nerf pretty much everything else people have come up with would only make it clunky and awkward to use, a sway mechanic would probably also help vs QSing. As for the 100m HVR tactic I guess we'll have to wait until some of the missions are reworked and some of the extremely one sided spots/missions have been made somewhat counterable.

12 minutes ago, Triicia/Shhift said:
I honestly don't see why so many people seem they want to keep the HVR as it is, it's completely busted for more than 1 reason and there is no simple solution for fixing it. The damage is way too high and it would still be a very strong gun even if the damage was reduced to 750, but even then qsing would be extremely easy to pull off since a lot of the people qsing are already shooting 2 bullets into a target before firing. It needs more than a simple QS nerf as the majority of players who use it doesn't even QS and it's not even that big of a part of the gameplay outside of CQC in missions or FC. A nerf to the HVR would have to include a nerf to the range as well, probably. Currently the most common way to play it in missions distrcitseem to be to pull 3 of the bastards out and camp at 100m, you go to take 1 out? cool once you've cleared them all at least 1 or 2 has already respawned and can fire at the point again from close to render distance. 

The best way to deal with the HVR would probably have to be to force people to use some kind of scope or add a sway mechanic since slowing the user down isn't really doing anything but making the weapon feel more clunky. Also add some kind of spawn system to make it so players can't spawn within LoS of each other.
  • Nerf damage to 750 (down from 850)
  • Add sway mechanic (It's currently way too easy to use for how much damage it deals)
  • potential fix to the spawn system (Would (hopefully) fix a long list of completely broken spots where you either spawn in LoS of the HVR or 300m away)
I'm pretty sure this would be enough of a nerf pretty much everything else people have come up with would only make it clunky and awkward to use, a sway mechanic would probably also help vs QSing. As for the 100m HVR tactic I guess we'll have to wait until some of the missions are reworked and some of the extremely one sided spots/missions have been made somewhat counterable.
God how many times that weapons usefulness is tied to ENVIROMENT. If you respawn and still see the target at 100m is not the weapon fault.

I still remember nhvr when it had low movement and no one complained about it being op... i started qs when i was a true silver because i was amazed by that gameplay after watching a vid of it.

EDIT: remember when you will need to rol up the nhvr and you will find a nerfed trash instead... you will later realize how wrong you were crying for it to be trashed. Meh you can still use the scout and everyone will use that if nhvr goes trash. And then you will cry about scout being op and recycle the nerf cycle.
Learn-to-play. Edited by Excalibur!

23 hours ago, Excalibur! said:
God how many times that weapons usefulness is tied to ENVIROMENT. If you respawn and still see the target at 100m is not the weapon fault.

I still remember nhvr when it had low movement and no one complained about it being op... i started qs when i was a true silver because i was amazed by that gameplay after watching a vid of it.

EDIT: remember when you will need to rol up the nhvr and you will find a nerfed trash instead... you will later realize how wrong you were crying for it to be trashed. Meh you can still use the scout and everyone will use that if nhvr goes trash. And then you will cry about scout being op and recycle the nerf cycle.
Learn-to-play.
The weapons usefulness is not tied to the enviroment at all, It's a completely busted gun. If you've been around for long enough, you shouldn't struggle to pull 30+ kills with it in asylum doesn't matter if you're corner popping with HS3 or running around RNG QSing players with RS3 on it. Now if you were to suggest that the gun would not be busted if they somehow fixed the QSing, there are still tons of other ways to do it, just throw a perc or yield and it's the same thing all over. Let's make up a scenario where there are no 2 secondaries or nades involved, let's say 50-70m both on corners, even in this situation the HVR user only has to expose their hitbox 2 times to get a kill whilst the OBIR or Obeya user has to peak 3-5 times for the same amount of damage as the HVR deals in 1 shot. This means that the HVR has to hit you once to in up to 5+ peaks for you to be out of combat for close to 15 sec in the meantime the HVR can just chill on the corner after getting hit a few times and brush it off within less than 5 seconds for the most part.

There is a reason seeing 2-3 HVRs on a losing team is an extremely common occurrence, it's very easy to use, deals insane damage and has pretty much no drawbacks.

36 minutes ago, Triicia/Shhift said:
The weapons usefulness is not tied to the enviroment at all, It's a completely busted gun. If you've been around for long enough, you shouldn't struggle to pull 30+ kills with it in asylum doesn't matter if you're corner popping with HS3 or running around RNG QSing players with RS3 on it. Now if you were to suggest that the gun would not be busted if they somehow fixed the QSing, there are still tons of other ways to do it, just throw a perc or yield and it's the same thing all over. Let's make up a scenario where there are no 2 secondaries or nades involved, let's say 50-70m both on corners, even in this situation the HVR user only has to expose their hitbox 2 times to get a kill whilst the OBIR or Obeya user has to peak 3-5 times for the same amount of damage as the HVR deals in 1 shot. This means that the HVR has to hit you once to in up to 5+ peaks for you to be out of combat for close to 15 sec in the meantime the HVR can just chill on the corner after getting hit a few times and brush it off within less than 5 seconds for the most part.

There is a reason seeing 2-3 HVRs on a losing team is an extremely common occurrence, it's very easy to use, deals insane damage and has pretty much no drawbacks.
Thats pretty hard honestly. Corner camping can be done by anyone with any weapon...

Ofc is tied to enviroment... the problem with nhvr is the massive movement buff that should have never happen.

It can be the same for the nhvr, one shot miss and you need to remain hidden. Less bullets to kill means more risk if you fail any. Edited by Excalibur!

On 7/10/2018 at 7:09 PM, jangamanga said:

This is the stuff we dont want to see done anymore. At range like that the HVR should be just about ineffective.

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
On 7/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, jangamanga said:

This is the stuff we dont want to see done anymore. At range like that the HVR should be just about ineffective.
We'll see, but I doubt it.

Sign in to follow this