Sign in to follow this  
ItsHooli

The History of the Crafter's Market

Was looking back at some of the older market stuff, and figured I'd make this post before we lost all of the old forums. This is an event that has been run for at least 9+ years, and I'd hate for it's history to be lost, and every person who's contributed to be forgotten.

If you have any info about the market prior to 2011 during the Icarus age, please contact me, I'd love to be able to add it here.
If any information is incorrect PLEASE correct me
, I only hosted market from mid 2015. Everything prior has been either something someone's told me, or something I dug up from a forum post.

The Crafter's Market was started in beta by Jude Fox, always on the 1st Saturday of the month in New Flagstaff. It was originally organized by TAO, with help from a few other individuals and clans (specifically Nebula, Ardenn, Tai Owens, and CPO Tanner, sorry if I missed anyone). It served as a way for people to trade their crafts, materials, socialize, RP, PVP, etc. This was before the auction chat, auction house, and Lifenet systems were in place, making an event like this practically a necessity. 1st Canyon Academy ran a convoy from S1 to Flagstaff for any lowbies trying to attend. The market has had many different groups/individuals support and host the event over the years. 

In March 2015, I hosted my first Combat Buggy Tournament with Ardenn hosting the market. After that. we continued for 7 more markets, with at least 1 event during each market. Some being more successful than others, we included raffles, a Radio DJ (your music was the shit Engel), ugly/best dressed contests, PVP tournaments, and a few times GMs got to their shenanigans also. We ended up swapping towns every month, from Embry, all the way to the Outpost raid site. Here's a link to an imgur album with all CM pics I can find on the forums.

There was a few people that hosted market during my ban, and I greatly appreciate Roadkill49, Falloutkiller, Vit, and Tear Drop for carrying on the tradition.

Edit 8/18:
Here's a full sequential list of all market posts I could find, I still don't have access to any forum info prior to sept. 2011, working on obtaining. All listed below I gathered from hopping around on the old forums. Any posts linked on the former market sticky you might have to dig a little for, same goes for ard's market planning post. Anyone who made a market post I assume is the market host.

Sept. 2011 -  Hosted by Alex D.
Nov. 2011 - See CM Sticky
Mar. 2012 - Hosted by Jude Fox (CM Sticky)
May 2012 - Referenced in CM Sticky, no post
July 2012 - Referenced in CM Sticky, no post
Oct. 2012 - See CM Sticky
Dec. 2012 - Referenced in CM Sticky
                   Hosted by Ardenn
Jan. 2013 - Hosted by Ardenn
                  Convoy Post by Ronny/1st Canyon
Apr. 2013 - Hosted by Jude Fox/TAO
                   Nebula's Post
May 2013 - Mentioned in CM Sticky
July 2013 - Mentioned here, TAO as host I assume
Jan. 2014 - Hosted by Ardenn
Feb. 2014 - Ardenn's planning post here,
                   Hosted by Ardenn
Mar. 2014 - Ard's Post
Apr. 2014 - Ard's Post
May 2014 - Ard's Post
July 2014 - Hosted by Jozvan/Jason Calloway
Mar. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
                   Tournament Post
                   Pics
Apr. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
May 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
June 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
Aug. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
Sept. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
Oct. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
Dec. 2015 - Hosted by Ardenn and Op
Mar. 2016 - Hosted by Vit
Oct. 2016 pt 1 - Hosted by Vit
Oct. 2016 pt 2 - Hosted by Roadkill49 and Tear Drop
Apr. 2017 - Hosted by Falloutkillerrc

I will be expanding this post as needed. Thank you all! 🙂

Edited by ItsHooli
Edit 8/18, Added Pics, Timeline
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, StubbyClaps said:

I hope you can stay clean and keep running the event.

I hope so too, making that mistake once was enough for me 🙂
  • Like 1

Great write-up, Hooli. You should make an imgur album of screenshots from Crafters Market over the years and put it here 🙂

13 hours ago, Calais said:

Great write-up, Hooli. You should make an imgur album of screenshots from Crafters Market over the years and put it here 🙂

Will see if I can get my old HDD and get my screenshots, but can probably get a bunch from the old forums.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, ItsHooli said:
On 7/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, Calais said:

Will see if I can get my old HDD and get my screenshots, but can probably get a bunch from the old forums.
bump, added pics, timeline, and fixed some info

I gotta tell ya, Hooli, After FE I havn't found a game that has been as fun to run events in. I still think about the Market a lot.

Maybe if someone gives me a date for the next one I'll show up and hang out. 😛

Waiting to find out if LO is doing any official events on the 9th anniversary which is Sep 22nd.  I would like to do a fight night event at the  pool at Beaus tavern in s2

Why was Heretic not thanked for ruining any "organized" PvP events at the Crafters Market? Or ganking no talent patootie clowns at the Market for that matter, we put a lot of hard work into our ganks. Not to mention we've been pretty consistent for years. I thought better of you Hooli, but once again you disappoint.

On 8/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, Jdred said:

Why was Heretic not thanked for ruining any "organized" PvP events at the Crafters Market? Or ganking no talent patootie clowns at the Market for that matter, we put a lot of hard work into our ganks. Not to mention we've been pretty consistent for years. I thought better of you Hooli, but once again you disappoint.

Added, thanks, and true that heretic has been pretty consistent over the years. I'd also like to thank you for your help in supporting the market while in 1st canyon army/academy. 🙂
  Edited by ItsHooli

I have to say Heretics have probably been the nicest troll group I've ever had the pleasure of being murdered repeatedly by. Well, the old blood anyway. I got pretty concerned when I was able to actually kill some of the new bloods, as the second worst PVPer in the game 😛

Though that might have just been due to the diminishing returns on open pvp making 14 hour spawn camping unreasonable for people seeking blood points. XD

Sign in to follow this