Sign in to follow this  
Delete884943468320878423

Oca Nano VS Mountie "Nunavut"

Ok so i finally started throwing money all overe the place, after so much time, its the second time i decide to simply pig myself in, but i was wondering, how comes a payed weapon performs so bad. I mean its not so bad, but compared to oca nano and yukon, is pure crap, as i tested both. Ended up going back after wasting money, to Oca Nano.
For the record, at least i got one right, which is the Raptor 45 Hawk lol.

maybe try guns before you buy them and it wouldn’t be such a waste of money

The Nano and Yukon have very different strengths and weaknesses.

You cannot use them the same way.

25 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

maybe try guns before you buy them and it wouldn’t be such a waste of money

its what i did, and it didn't seem such a waste of money, cuz i mostly got what i wanted, its just about secondary wep, which is extremely complicated, cuz oca is the best deal for everything. And i was looking for something skinnable, which oca isn't.
24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The Nano and Yukon have very different strengths and weaknesses.

You cannot use them the same way.

I'm well aware of that, and all the advantage the Nunavut has, is the range compared to the yukon, cuz the oca, has it all that matters, medium range and good damage etc, but it doesn't have the fucking skin, i ended up compromising my skill for looks, can you believe that? Well you better, cuz looks costs more than anywhere, so if u want to play oca, but you own priviledge credit card or whatever, you better be ready to spend lots, and for nothing, cuz by 2021 you might get something worth your investment. By making a new one of course. Edited by Vnight

7 minutes ago, Vnight said:

its what i did, and it didn't seem such a waste of money, cuz i mostly got what i wanted, its just about secondary wep, which is extremely complicated, cuz oca is the best deal for everything. And i was looking for something skinnable, which oca isn't. I'm well aware of that, and all the advantage the Nunavut has, is the range compared to the yukon, cuz the oca, has it all that matters, medium range and good damage etc, but it doesn't have the fucking skin, i ended up compromising my skill for looks, can you believe that? Well you better, cuz looks isn't an issue as it seems here and thrtough it i would sugest the developers start considering it, if they want more card players. 😕 Looks tend to be more important, when skill isn't such an issue in cardbiard districts, cuz in the silver ones, it doesn't really matter if its yukon or hacks, pretty much the same thing as oca is completely out of discussion.

the nano is a pretty mediocre secondary tbh

25 minutes ago, Vnight said:

i was wondering, how comes a payed weapon performs so bad.

Because the game is not pay to win.

Why didn't you ask for advise on the forums instead of complaining that you bought "useless" weapons from the armas marketplace?

1 hour ago, Vnight said:

Ok so i finally started throwing money all overe the place, after so much time, its the second time i decide to simply pig myself in, but i was wondering, how comes a payed weapon performs so bad. I mean its not so bad, but compared to oca nano and yukon, is pure crap, as i tested both. Ended up going back after wasting money, to Oca Nano.

to be honest with you G1 is the reason why so many guns are bad and they made it like that for marketing reasons you know overkill gun->player buy it->G1 nerfs it -> rinse n repeat 
  • Like 1

The Mounties are all CQB oriented weapons and the Nano roughly tries to be a jack of all trades secondary but easily gets beat by everything else.  Also note that the Yukon is still bugged and its supposed to be more like the Nunavut/Northwest.

Nano will beat nunavut if you have any lick of aim in ya.

29 minutes ago, Vnight said:

Anyhow, none of you explained shit about it other than trolling, so thank you for the effort, over and out
I was talking about investing after all, you know.

what is there to explain? you seem to understand that the mountie guns are subpar when compared to the meta secondaries and that they are more or less a waste of money

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

what is there to explain? you seem to understand that the mountie guns are subpar when compared to the meta secondaries and that they are more or less a waste of money

I wouldn't say they're a waste of money but they are a bit sub par compared to everything else.  Literally the only automatic secondaries in the game that are locked to 1 kill per mag, save for the Nunavut.

2 hours ago, Vnight said:

Their gimp I got the nunavut myself.  It always runs out of bullets on me and kills me.  That being said, there is a way to use them... if someone is already shot (big hint) they make a wonderful finisher. 

I think the biggest downside for nano is the equip time, which is the most important thing cause u only switch to 2ndary once ur primary runs out. Love the pdw but cant max rof because servers are trash. I remember for 2 or 3 weeks the na servers a few years ago were running amazing. I was max rof all the time. But after that I gues they moved servers or something and I havnt been able to anymore. Ill check out nunavet, want a good secondary thats full auto. Need some range and not be in yo face to kill. 

EDIT: FBW NOT PDW. My mistake.

Edited by killerskull

3 minutes ago, killerskull said:

I think the biggest downside for nano is the equip time, which is the most important thing cause u only switch to 2ndary once ur primary runs out. Love the pdw but cant max rof because servers are trash. I remember for 2 or 3 weeks the na servers a few years ago were running amazing. I was max rof all the time. But after that I gues they moved servers or something and I havnt been able to anymore. Ill check out nunavet, want a good secondary thats full auto. Need some range and not be in yo face to kill. 

the pdw is automatic, maxing our the rof isn’t really affected much by the servers

Just now, BXNNXD said:

the pdw is automatic, maxing our the rof isn’t really affected much by the servers

What? pdw is the free secondary you get. afaik it was never automatic. I know I found out years later that nfas was full auto but Im not that slow.

Just now, killerskull said:

What? pdw is the free secondary you get. afaik it was never automatic. I know I found out years later that nfas was full auto but Im not that slow.

pdw =/= fbw

Just now, BXNNXD said:

pdw =/= fbw

oh shat, you are right, I was mixing the names. Now I have to google pdw cause I dont remember.

42 minutes ago, killerskull said:

u only switch to 2ndary once ur primary runs out

fbbdexL.gif

Been using Nano for most of my time spent in APB. The weapon in itself is decent as it has no real flaw: decent range, decent accuracy, decent ttk and mediocre equip time.
The issue is that everything is "decent" and it has nothing that really stands out when compared to the likes of FBW, Yukon, .45 and or course RFP.

I haven't tried Northwest myself but looking at the stats it looks pretty bad, TTK is way too high for those BTK and reload time.
Probably you should try a weapon before you buy it, 3 days trials are there for a reason lol

there is literally a trial option on armas

what is the point of this thread

With Nunavut you can try it out on ARMAs. Get in one match and use it up as much as you can during this 30 minutes tho. No second chance.
Nano... well a lot of videos online but I can explain how it feels using nano. You got zero recoil gun you can aim anywhere you want although it's range is short if you don't aim sight... Doesn't like when you jump but is okey with you running around. Takes a lot of shots to kill and is preferable option if you are LTL enforcer. Can be outshotted by all CQ weapons but if taken by suprise stand chance. Good finisher CQ although there are better options out there (even FBW).

Edited by Mitne

For anyone else thinking about buying secondaries. The Joker RFP Fang (the one with IR3) is really the only secondary worth buying imo. The Colby .45 is often considered a viable alternative to the FBW, so try it out if you can first. However I find the FBW to be more reliable in most situations. If you want to learn the FBW way, buy the Sight Zero preset (it has RS1) from a contact, imo that's the best pistol in the game atm.

Edited by VanilleKeks
typos

Sign in to follow this