FireHitPanic

Weapons Rebalanced and more Mods

Can we please get an overhaul of the weapons rebalanced so no one gun is more OP than another. or at least be just barely not as good as some guns. They should be balance like in CoD. Not in damage or anything but in the sense of how balanced the gun system is. Every gun is OP in it's own way. We need that with APB. As I said I don't want snipers 1 shot and everything like that. Just so the guns are all equally good to use because right now some guns really overshadow everything else. Heck I don't mind some guns being more OP than others but not to the point that it breaks the game.

Edit: Another way of me explain this is all the AAA shooters have relatively the same formula for a balanced shooter or even fairly-balanced shooter. Bolt Action Snipers and Shotguns deal the most damage. With those guns making them semi-automatic or automatic does less damage. LMGs and Rifles tend to be around the same area in damage and depending on the speed and if it's automatic, semi-automatic, or burst. SMGs are similar in that the faster they are, the less damage it does. However, they do probably least amount of damage. Secondaries usually I'd say are between LMGs/Assualt Rifles and Snipers/Shotguns since they need to be good enough to be viable when you run out of ammo on the primary gun. Then there is range which typically are, Snipers, LMGs, Assault Rifles, Pistols/SMGs (depends on how accurate the SMG is), Shotguns. 

Also Mods are a great thing but I swear we need more of them I can't specifically think of much other mods should be added but we need for.
These are ones I can think of:

• Dual Wielding for Semi-Auto Guns. No Burst or Full Auto
  • A mod that will allow you to do more damage to someone who has Kevlar. If Armor piercing mod doesn't do that. Edit: Took this out because I was made aware it's effect wasn't what I thought it was.

Edit: APB to me seems like a game all about creativity with your character in a shooter. It has one of the best customization in games I have played apart from the face in editor to in game looking bad. The gun you usually reflect either the character's play style or your play style. My friends and I have a group of enforcers all based around the L4D characters. I was stuck with Zoey so for me to fully role play as her I need to use the temptress which feels like it takes way to many bullets to kill compared to automatic rifles.

Edited by FireHitPanic

CoD? Balanced? The game where only maximum of 5 weapons have been viable in every single release since CoD4?

A mod that will allow you to do more damage to someone who has Kevlar. If Armor piercing mod doesn't do that.
Kevlar is just a 30% max hp...

I recently had a guy with 10 hours playtime spamming me about the "Crosshair not shooting true" and how the "Bullets dont be flyn straight". This feels like that. Please stop

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

CoD? Balanced? The game where only maximum of 5 weapons have been viable in every single release since CoD4?

Idk what your talking about I can do good with almost every weapon in the past  CoDs all the way back to BO2. Also just ignoring CoD altogether, all the AAA shooters have relatively the same formula for a balanced shooter. Bolt Action Snipers and Shotguns deal the most damage. With those guns making them semi-automatic or automatic does less damage. LMGs and Rifles tend to be around the same area in damage and depending on the speed and if it's automatic, semi-automatic, or burst. SMGs are similar in that the faster they are, the less damage it does. However, they do probably least amount of damage. Secondaries usually I'd say are between LMGs/Assualt Rifles and Snipers/Shotguns since they need to be good enough to be viable when you run out of ammo on the primary gun. Then there is range which typically are, Snipers, LMGs, Assault Rifles, Pistols/SMGs (depends on how accurate the SMG is, Shotguns. 
16 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:
A mod that will allow you to do more damage to someone who has Kevlar. If Armor piercing mod doesn't do that.
Kevlar is just a 30% max hp...
OK. It makes it sound like it's more like armor not a HP boost. Didn't look too much into what kevlar actually does so I apologize for that will make an edit to remove it.
10 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

I recently had a guy with 10 hours playtime spamming me about the "Crosshair not shooting true" and how the "Bullets dont be flyn straight". This feels like that. Please stop

So your fine with OP guns that overshadow most guns in the game? You must be one of the tryhards feeding off of noobs Edit: Sorry about that part of comment. APB to me seems like a game all about creativity with your character in a shooter. It has one of the best customization in games I have played apart from the face in editor to in game looking like bad. The gun you use should reflect that. My friends and I have a group of enforcers all based around the L4D characters. I was stuck with Zoey so for me to fully roleplay as her I need to use the temptress which feels like it takes way to many bullets to kill compared to automatic rifles. Edited by FireHitPanic

6 minutes ago, FireHitPanic said:

I need to use the temptress which feels like it takes way to many bullets to kill compared to automatic rifles.

It's 6 bullets to kill within it's effective range, just like N-TEC and many other guns unless your opponent wears kevlar.

And for the record, I'm routinely stomped by "Tryhards" and it's physically impossible for me to dethreat to silver to even humor going to bronze to "feed off noobs". It'd take me 6 months of dethreating. (Which is a waste of time)

Edited by SLICKIEM

8 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

It's 6 bullets to kill within it's effective range, just like N-TEC and many other guns unless your opponent wears kevlar.

And for the record, I'm routinely stomped by "Tryhards" and it's physically impossible for me to dethreat to silver to even humor going to bronze to "feed off noobs". It'd take me 6 months of dethreating. (Which is a waste of time)

OK maybe the tryhard and feeding off of noobs was a incorrect thing to assume. Usually it seems the people saying the guns are fine as is, seem to be people who like using OP guns and recking noobs to be a jerk. Sorry about assuming your one of those people. Also still the problem is with the N-TEC compared to the Temptress is, the N-TEC shoots faster and can be just as accurate tap firing. The temptress needs to do more than fully-automatic guns even if it's just one bullet less than fully automatic guns to kill. Edited by FireHitPanic

23 minutes ago, FireHitPanic said:

The temptress needs to do more than fully-automatic guns even if it's just one bullet less than fully automatic guns to kill.

The tempress/huntress is incredibly deadly at close/medium range, since it can fire much faster than a full-auto NTEC at close to medium distances. Slap Cooling Jacket 3 on it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It kills a whole 100ms faster than a full auto NTEC, and is more accurate at max fire rate, especially in 6 to 7 round bursts. It's also got one of the highest strafing speed in the entire game when in marksman mode.

If you want a 5-shot gun try the Obeya CR762 for longrange, PMG for closerange, AR-97 "Misery" for medium range.

7 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

The tempress/huntress is incredibly deadly at close/medium range, since it can fire much faster than a full-auto NTEC at close to medium distances. Slap Cooling Jacket 3 on it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It kills a whole 100ms faster than a full auto NTEC, and is more accurate at max fire rate, especially in 6 to 7 round bursts. It's also got one of the highest strafing speed in the entire game when in marksman mode.

If you want a 5-shot gun try the Obeya CR762 for longrange, PMG for closerange, AR-97 "Misery" for medium range.

Maybe it's just because the game's server is constantly being hit and I get the "ghost bullet hit marker (hit marker but does no damage)," but I always keep getting out shot by every gun it feels like, whether it be long range to close range. Even my friend who is better with the gun than me has just about the same luck. I guess it's hard to judge the guns sometimes in this game when losers keep hitting the servers making everyone lag.

Also maybe before I judge the guns maybe I should hold my opinion until they make the servers harder to be hit by people who have no respect for the gamers who play APB and the APB itself and possibly the new engine update might help fix things. I guess right now for it's hard to tell because it feels like we are playing a game in beta.

I guess right now in it's current state it feels like some guns need a buff and some a nerf to some degree. But maybe once they get the game more engine-wise up to date and get the servers fixed (if they haven't already), it might fix the problems I have been encountering. However I don't know what platform you play on, but I am on Xbox and there seems to be a ton of problems with it with lag and everything.