Salvick

A popular streamer banned for playing with a cheater in pubg

I'm willing to know what others think about this:

https://www.pcgamer.com/popular-streamer-michael-shroud-grzesiek-gets-banned-for-playing-pubg-with-a-hacker

I think what this streamer stated later after the ban is in some way necessary to be said, when the cheaters can last so long that other players even start to interact with them, in my opinion is what could lead to a rampage on hackusations which then leads to more people cheating 'to hunt down the cheaters' or just in a rage, which then makes impossible to detect experienced cheaters because the admins are busy chasing after these noobs rerolling who are always making it obvious.

But also when there are actions taken against them and everybody else can see it, it serves as a warning for other people before they attempt to support any form of cheating.

The article itself does not tell much more than what most of us already think about this issue, but I'm curious to know what others think too.

Also, one thing is if someone gets banned for purposely teaming up with a cheater, right?
But what if someone gets banned for unintentionally teaming up with a cheater instead? 🤔

Edited by Salvick

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

I think what this streamer stated later after the ban is in some way necessary to be said, when the cheaters can last so long that other players even start to interact with them, in my opinion is what could lead to a rampage on hackusations which then leads to more people cheating 'to hunt down the cheaters'

I believe this is what originally led to MrEpicGoat.
goat4.png 

Yeah, I'll take "what is server authoritative movement" for $200, Alex.

RS6 now banning for teaming up with cheaters, they lifting players for money to gain top rank as achievement, csgo cheating team up too but not baning for teaming up

Edited by Dahel

I'm aware of people who plays CSGO that always complain when they get their stats reversed because of a cheater. I wouldn't suggest something like this for APB but I really believe that when you give a temp-ban to certain people, everyone starts behaving better. But while you can ban a cheater based on pure data, you shouldn't inquire people about who are they grouping with in the game.

But also it happens in this particular case that I don't think the streamer deserved that ban, because honestly is not our responsibility to go chasing cheaters around when we are expecting to enjoy the fun of a game and relax, and if someone gets an unfair advantage from interacting with cheaters, then removing the unfairly obtained items and currencies is acceptable but blocking him from the game only adds more stress to what the presence of that blatant cheater and the fear of getting in trouble already was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

removing the unfairly obtained items and currencies is acceptable but blocking him from the game only adds

Good one

Suspenison in both cases, but never perma banning, cause is stupid punish forever in a MMO.

25 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Suspenison in both cases, but never perma banning, cause is stupid punish forever in a MMO.

why both cases? 
one side - cheating, feels like you support em <---
other just with him, 

Edited by Dahel

It wasn't Shroud. It was some russian look-a-like who broke into his home and played from his computer.
And we all know that cars can't fly..neither they have hitboxes :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahel said:

why both cases? 
other just with him, 

is just the case of a group joined by agree after a mission or directly before, if the group still exist after N# mission,  there is a remote will to group with a cheater or simply the player get the joy of be carried by a closet for gg ez.

I remember watching this live. It wasn't a hacker, it was a weed wizard of some sorts.

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

It wasn't Shroud. It was some russian look-a-like who broke into his home and played from his computer.
And we all know that cars can't fly..neither they have hitboxes 🙂

Black humor, a bit misplaced though.

2 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

2 hours ago, Dahel said:

why both cases? 
other just with him, 

I think Queen of Love says 'both' referring about purposely teaming with cheaters and unintentionally doing it.

Anyways, I still believe PUBG admins were a bit harsh on banning a player, and particularly a popular streamer, for interacting with a cheater even if it was on purpose, because I think there are better ways to handle it, contacting the player directly should be always an option so he can get a warning and maybe then apply a 3 days or a week ban, something more symbolic to let him know he should actively avoid to do this again.

But I think that we as player shouldn't have any responsibility over the abilities or difficulties of the game management to get rid of the cheaters. As part of the community we can report and move along, but other than that if a cheater is joining your mission or a game you are playing, maybe skipping the match going afk or disconnecting just to avoid trouble is the best option.

Even when I spot players grouping with cheaters I still don't blame them, of course I don't like them and I always say they shouldn't be supporting cheaters or encourage them to play with them. But the difficulties any developer and game management staff will always face to avoid third-party code on their game shouldn't produce more damage to legit players to what the cheaters issue itself already does.
  • Like 2

3 weeks ban make a sense, I was feel been in prison 3 years but now coding skills using as white-sided.

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

wasn't he randomly put with the cheater?

The cheater was stream sniping Shroud and killed him in the first game. The subsequent games the cheater decided to be more or less friendly, and Shroud took advantage of it.

when the hack is on your own team, I think it can be sometimes hard to determine while playing the game.  there are times I will play and not get to see much of a certain players in-game performance.

that said, when the rest of your team has 5 kills and one player sits atop the board with 15 or something, you do get suspicious. especially if you play a few games and they are always 3x the kill rate.

banning is a tricky thing as it's hard to pin it down. multiple reports by opponents followed with a review of game stats can indeed show patterns. video if the hacker is always the best proof but often hard to obtain and deliver. and... even with that, there needs to be an appeal process if you do get banned.

bottom line though, hackers ruin the experience for everyone even if they are your team. and it kills a game. new players will not play the game if its not fun and experienced players will eventually just give up and move along.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, Salvick said:
Anyways, I still believe PUBG admins were a bit harsh on banning a player, and particularly a popular streamer, for interacting with a cheater even if it was on purpose, because I think there are better ways to handle it, contacting the player directly should be always an option so he can get a warning and maybe then apply a 3 days or a week ban, something more symbolic to let him know he should actively avoid to do this again.
 It pretty much spells: "We can't handle the cheaters, therefore endure our rage".

20 minutes ago, uraputz said:

when the hack is on your own team, I think it can be sometimes hard to determine while playing the game.  there are times I will play and not get to see much of a certain players in-game performance.

that said, when the rest of your team has 5 kills and one player sits atop the board with 15 or something, you do get suspicious. especially if you play a few games and they are always 3x the kill rate.

banning is a tricky thing as it's hard to pin it down. multiple reports by opponents followed with a review of game stats can indeed show patterns. video if the hacker is always the best proof but often hard to obtain and deliver. and... even with that, there needs to be an appeal process if you do get banned.

bottom line though, hackers ruin the experience for everyone even if they are your team. and it kills a game. new players will not play the game if its not fun and experienced players will eventually just give up and move along.

True about the need of have fun or players will quit, but about the k/d ratio that's no valid proof at all, even when it is obvious, but I got x3 and x4 times or more than my teammates in these occasions where I'm teaching the game to my friends or in these occasions when the server puts me in a match against a team of possible newcomers who happens to have bronze and silver badges but are playing with the goldies. Also if I ever drop back to silver and move to bronze districts it happens a lot that the experienced players in both teams are on top of the scoreboard with twice or triple kills than the rest of the players.

5 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:
On 7/11/2018 at 2:15 PM, Salvick said:
 It pretty much spells: "We can't handle the cheaters, therefore endure our rage".

Absolutelly, I think the streamer shouldn't pay for the issues that anyone who is playing with them may have, look at what happened with Lixil's stream for teaming up with the wrong people, and now they blame on her when wasn't her fault at all. I did not know this was going to happen when I posted this article, but there's some relation between both cases where the frustration of players about the cheating issues ends up targeting a relevant figure which leads a lot of people to rage against these who had no clue of what was going on.

understood on the player kills and determining a ban. I should have said, there is a profile of collected data on performance/behavior that could be used in signature of a hack.

I believe this is what BattlEye is doing right now in Test mode. It is being "trained" on the game to start creating these signatures.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, Sayori said:

And we all know that cars can't fly..neither they have hitboxes 🙂

Good one dude 🙂

Sorry you lost me at "Look at this other game Apb should learn from this other game cause they are in the same genre"

Yeah hint hint i don't give 2 "results" of a rats behind about pubg and it's 200 clones.