Shiggi

i am mad, but Lo is the boss

i realy mad about that info. that cheaters unbanned, i hope you know that all what you do with you charakter make your account precious with Gold killstreak medals and total kills on you charakter information.

thats not fair a cheater can look like a CBT Veteran with 100.000 kills and 300 gold Killstreak medals. that messes up the value the precious. Cheater level faster becouse more kills more chash more Exp for the contakts. i could have cheated for years and will be rewarded now. i play since end of 2011 and i have on my account 11 gold streaks medals and i am proud of it. now it is worth nothing.

i can understand your taktics about the Population, but now you stolen my Value of my account.

Edited by Shiggi

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I am really not sure what you are trying to say.

i saw that coming, its hard to tell waht i want to say ... english is not my best.

I can understand where you are coming from in terms of achievements and kills/killstreaks/medals and all that being of less value if there are some cheaters unbanned whom through the means that a legit player can't, has gained crazy stats on their accounts.

I don't think you should hold too much value in such stats though and while I've always been against any sort of cheater reprieve, I can also understand the need for a full reset to set the record straight and make sure there are none banned who aren't meant to be banned. I only hope some reviews take place and those who were caught cheating without any doubt, will remain permanently banned.

We'll see. Some will remember my posts and pleading to Tiggs about BattlEye....so I'm really stoked that we're getting it finally!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I am really not sure what you are trying to say.

TLDR.

Waaagh...cheaters are unbanned. I worked too hard in legit way to get such achievs and scores and other stuff. And they just went the easy way.

• Thanks 1

so bascially your self ego will be hurt cause your stats will now look underrated 😛

not many players care about stats at alll... i play for fun i never checked those medals etc...

• Like 2

Relax game needs population that will be able to finance all the upcoming changes. It's not like we will get far with 1.5k players.

Besides there's probably no way to distinguish falsely banned from those that deserved it.

Edited by Clandestine
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

Relax game needs population that will be able to finance all the upcoming changes. It's not like we will get far with 1.5k players.

Well I'd hope that Little Orbit has a bit still stashed away in a piggy bank they can break open to at least afford the lavish attempt to upgrade the game to Unreal Engine 4. Matt took a risk with this game so I hope he doesn't give up on us simply because the game doesn't automatically start printing millions of dollars, APB has the potential to do that but it's going to require some time and more money to make that happen. 

It's sort of sad because it seemed as though even Matt was surprised by how many people turned up to Kemp's stream for the QnA and he admitted himself that one of his other fears was that he'd make all these announcements and no one would care. 

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:

Well I'd hope that Little Orbit has a bit still stashed away in a piggy bank they can break open to at least afford the lavish attempt to upgrade the game to Unreal Engine 4. Matt took a risk with this game so I hope he doesn't give up on us simply because the game doesn't automatically start printing millions of dollars, APB has the potential to do that but it's going to require some time and more money to make that happen. 

It's sort of sad because it seemed as though even Matt was surprised by how many people turned up to Kemp's stream for the QnA and he admitted himself that one of his other fears was that he'd make all these announcements and no one would care. 

Interessting post, but i have to disagree with "printing millions of dollars". they said before that they know what they getting themselves into and that it would be alot of work.

"one of his other fears was that he'd make all these announcements and no one would care."

fair enough, after all these years nothing happend. i think its a realistic condition.

2 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

That's right but you can't just keep abusing your piggy till you reach 0.

I'm fine with unbans as long as those falsely banned will get their accounts back. Those that hacked and didn't change will get battleyed'd.

Matt is  a very nice guy and we have to make sure he won't get APB'd.

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

That's right but you can't just keep abusing your piggy till you reach 0.

I'm fine with unbans as long as those falsely banned will get their accounts back. Those that hacked and didn't change will get battleyed'd.

Matt is  a very nice guy and we have to make sure he won't get APB'd.

I think that those who may of gotten their accounts banned for cheating may of just moved on by now or if they're still within the community, they probably have no reverence for any account they make so they could of simply just forgotten the information to the account or like you said just end up losing it again. 

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:

I think that those who may of gotten their accounts banned for cheating may of just moved on by now or if they're still within the community, they probably have no reverence for any account they make so they could of simply just forgotten the information to the account or like you said just end up losing it again. 

And some of them probably charged back after bans and I doubt they will get their accounts back for frauds.

Let's just hope that Battle Eye will be good. I still remember all the hype when FF was coming, together with post how good FF would be days before it's reveal.

Damn deja vu.

don't mind the language insults. I'm sure those making them don't speak or write your native language as good as you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't play the game for medals and stuff. Just play the game and it comes naturally so I can't understand your feeling but I don't mind unbanning the bans because FairFight (and any anti-cheat system) do occasionally false ban and probably most of those banned probably moved on to other games. If they decide to cheat again, then they should be banned. That's just my opinion.

Well if they decide to cheat again it is likely that they will be banned. If they want to play legit again good, I think not having access to an account you've spent a lot of money on for years is punishment enough

• Like 2

welp seems like i should cheat my patootie off right know, im gonna get unbanned anyway /s

These medals do not prove anything, having 100 of them doesn't make you a veteran player, just a fightclub farmer. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

they had enough money to invest for batteEye after buying whole APB... they have in back probably enough since they have several teams working on game .. and he said 3.5 version is like 90% done so it might be close to be fixed and finished... this month should be 1st major update for battleeye

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Takotak said:

These medals do not prove anything, having 100 of them doesn't make you a veteran player, just a fightclub farmer. 

2nklIAe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean i have to agree that i disagree with the unbanning the players that do have been banned for cheating.

However if there is a case where a person got banned but actually did not cheat (Spamming free codes, Using a Crosshair,Shaders) I do think they can get unbanned.

Also if people did get banned and what a second change i think they should first of all apoligize to the community and then the team should decide whether to unbann them or not.

For this reason i will wait and see what happens to the game.

If everyone that cheated just gets unbanned then they will mostlikely cheat again.. And that would mean the game would be very unenjoyable after the changes. There might be a few cases where players would actually start playing legit. 

GR

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Etsukoo said:

If everyone that cheated just gets unbanned then they will mostlikely cheat again.. And that would mean the game would be very unenjoyable after the changes. There might be a few cases where players would actually start playing legit. 

This is pretty much exactly what is going to happen, imo.

The only thing is if Battleye does its job they won't cheat for very long and won't have a leg to stand on if they try and claim they were one of the false bans.

8 minutes ago, MrChan said:

This is pretty much exactly what is going to happen, imo.

The only thing is if Battleye does its job they won't cheat for very long and won't have a leg to stand on if they try and claim they were one of the false bans.

I hope so 🙂

What you don't understand apparently is that due to past false positives and completly useless bans this is opening a chance for everyone who got banned unfairly to come back.

There will be GMs in game and new anti-cheat.

So you can now put your china back on the shelf and quit being mad and upset.

44 minutes ago, Etsukoo said:

However if there is a case where a person got banned but actually did not cheat (Spamming free codes, Using a Crosshair,Shaders) I do think they can get unbanned.

Also if people did get banned and what a second change i think they should first of all apoligize to the community and then the team should decide whether to unbann them or not.

Yes, those got banned unfairly by your standards, others were using shaders or the like to have names clip through walls, etc.

It is impossible to weed the unjust from the just, and if the new anti-cheat works as advertised there wont be a reason to worry about that. Your point is that it will look like a cheater got away with cheating, that is not the case for they have been banned and prevented access to the game for the time being - so punishment was handed out accordingly. Now if they play clean and fair there shouldn't be a problem - otherwise it's the hammer again.

Edited by Sniperturtle

13 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

Yes, those got banned unfairly by your standards, others were using shaders or the like to have names clip through walls, etc.

It is impossible to weed the unjust from the just, and if the new anti-cheat works as advertised there wont be a reason to worry about that. Your point is that it will look like a cheater got away with cheating, that is not the case for they have been banned and prevented access to the game for the time being - so punishment was handed out accordingly. Now if they play clean and fair there shouldn't be a problem - otherwise it's the hammer again.

Is it impossible to weed the unjust from the just though? How were Matt and the new support guys able to tell there were unjust bans? There was obviously some level of record keeping that was able to tell them that, I doubt they just took players at face value when they emailed support with "I got unfair ban :(" as soon as they saw the new owners.

I'd say they could theoretically go through the old bans and separate out the just from the unjust, but it would probably take an exceptionally long time, that, understandably, they don't have.

It feels like a bit of a slap in the face that all these people who did cheat will get a second chance when there so many people who didn't blow their first chance despite very little incentive to play cleanly in the last 18 months or so. But ultimately, whether it screws the game or not will depend on the effectiveness of Battleye.

• Thanks 1